Thursday, April 25, 2013

47: texting



 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I highly suggest a very slow-scrolling method where you can't see the next line until you're ready for it for reading this. There are no pictures on purpose.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 Marie


thank you for your help today

     I smile after I send the text to Jesse. Then, I take a look around my dark apartment.
     What a day!
     I'd hated that feeling of fear when Simon had come on way too strong like he did. Something about him just set off too many warning bells. I have a bad feeling he wouldn't have backed down easily if Jesse hadn't have come along.
     How on earth does Jesse have this knack for showing up at just the right/wrong times? I think as I put on my pajamas and go brush my teeth. He wouldn't rest until Simon got fired.
     I'm glad that jackass Simon admitted to what had happened with Bernadette so that I wouldn't have to tell Bryce myself, making it look like I was making the whole thing up.
      When we'd finished closing up tonight, Bryce had told me that he would call Jones and me later to schedule a meeting about plans for the bar's future. I have no idea what I could contribute to such a meeting, but since I'm now one of TWO employees, I guess I could at least sit in on it.
     My phone lights up and vibrates on my bedside table, and I walk over to pick it up.

You're very welcome

     I smile. He must've waited until he got home to text me back. I don't know if I should be irritated at the little thrill feeling I have going through me or not. Well, I don't suppose I can get rid of it easily, so I'll decide to like it.
     I think if it weren't for Jesse, today could've been a really bad day. I decide to say something nice.

i'm glad you didn't give up like i did.

I don't give up easily.

    He answered me almost immediately! He doesn't give up easily? Why do I get the feeling there's another meaning to that?

i've noticed.

 Have you?

    I wish my stomach would settle down already... or whatever that is. I haven't felt like this since Dawson told me he'd always loved me.
     I don't know how to answer Jesse's question.

Because I'm not giving up on you.

     I gasp and stare at my phone in shock. Now, I REALLY don't know what to say.
     Still, I like what he just said, and since he's not standing right here in front of me, I can go ahead and admit that to myself without worrying about giving anything away.
     Since I feel safer, I decide to try to keep going.

that's a very nice thing to say.

I'm very glad you think that's nice, but tell me how it's nice so I can keep being nice. ;)

       He just winked at me through a text.

what do you mean?

      Just what kind of 'nice' is he talking about?

Tell me some way to help you.

time

     My phone stays silent for several minutes. I can only guess he's given up with this conversation. I'm sorry, Jesse. I just need time. Please! Yes, okay, I like you, but I'm afraid of being hurt again.

Anything during that time?

     I let out a huff. I don't know!

i don't know

Texting is okay?

     Again, I don't know what he means. Not all texting is okay.

nice texting is okay

     I decide that that's a safe answer since I don't want to ask him what he means again.

It's nice of me to say you have beautiful eyes.

     My heart dips down into my stomach and then jumps up to my throat. Why didn't I anticipate something like that? Of course he's going to use whatever loophole he can find.

Because you do

       He didn't even give me a chance to respond!

thats not reallt wht i ment!

    My stupid hands are shaking, and I hit send before I could correct my typos.

Saying you have beautiful eyes isn't nice? I thought it was.

 not that kind of nice

So, I'm not allowed to nicely tell you you have beautiful eyes.

    
     I let out an irritated growling noise and shake my phone like I'm wringing his neck. I sit here and debate how to answer him. On the one hand, it's just a compliment. On the other, it's flirting. I can picture the ridiculous grin on his face since he knows I'm squirming. In the meantime, my phone lights up again.

Am I allowed to tell you I love the sound of your voice when you say my name?

     I gasp. I feel like he just mumbled that right into my ear! 

no

Awwwwwwww

i mean friendly nice


Compliments aren't friendly? I was just being nice-nice I guess.

      What the hell is nice-nice?
     This man will probably never leave me alone now that he has my phone number. I don't quite know how I feel about that.

maybe i shouldn't have handed you my phone

I'm glad you did.

i should be sleeping right now

I'm glad you're not. Are you sleepy?

not anymore

     Oh! Crap! I think real fast. He's going to run with that.

well then, what do you want to do?

     Nothing that you're thinking if I'm guessing correctly. Nice try, Jesse.

sleep

I could call you and sing you a lullaby.

     Oh no, no, that's the last thing I need is to sit here on my bed and listen to your voice. I'm already 'hearing' it enough in my head.

no, that's okay.

you sure? Oh, you'd rather I do it in person?

     As in, come over? No! I think in a mild panic.

no! no thank you

oh. right. nice texting

     I take a deep breath and wonder if he's tired.

aren't you sleepy?

Nope. There's nothing I'd rather do than nice texting with you.

      I actually let out a laugh. That was so cheesy! Oh, I'll bet there are things you'd rather do...

right. (sarcasm)

Sarcasm isn't very nice.
You think there's something I'd rather do?

for one, you mentioned the lullaby

You said you didn't want that, so neither do I.

     That would be sweet if I believed him.

don't lie

me lie? No. I don't want to push you.

      You don't?
      Brave. Maybe stupid. Whatever it is, I can't believe the idea that comes to me.

what would you do if you could?

      Stupid, Marie! You know exactly what he'd do if he could.
      Several minutes go by, and I'm guessing he's trying to figure out how to answer the question. That, or he's hopefully gone to sleep. My biggest fear is that he's concocting a very long reply.

I'd start by continuing with the nice-nice compliments like your beautiful eyes and voice. But then, since I'm pushing you, I'd move on from that and tell you what I'd like to do to you right now.

      I drop my phone, swear, and work on trying to get it to turn back on. Heaven knows what that man has started spouting without me telling him to cool it. Finally, I get it to turn back on, and I, sure enough, have a text waiting:

did I lose you?

i'm here. okay. don't be dirty.

There is nothing dirty about any of this

      I sit here and try to digest what he said and what he might mean. I have to put my phone down before I drop it again because my hands start shaking again.

you said 'okay' so I can only guess you want to know what I'd do.
I'd much rather come over and show you.

      I take in a huge amount of air in shock. Why does he keep wanting more when I told him I wanted nice texting only!

no thts not wht i ment!

     What is it with my hands and the 'a' button? Also, my shaking hand hit send out of habit.

oh no. I'm sorry.
I'm good at screwing up.
I'll let you go to sleep now.

i meant 'okay' like it's okay. you didn't screw up

     He may be pushing me a little, but I also don't want him to feel bad. I also secretly admit to myself that I'm liking this texting back and forth, and I don't want that to end just yet.

No, I said I wouldn't do that and then I went and did it and esp after the day you just had.

      Does he think that just because the day was awful that I'm going to let it affect everything else like right now? He made it better anyway.

the day ended good

I hope I had something to do with that

you had everything to do with that.

     Oh, that was brave. Still, now that I know he won't take it too far, I feel happy I said that.
     My phone stays quiet for a little longer than normal before the next text shows up:

I want to make all your days start and end good

      I want to start crying. How does he do this to me? How does he know just the right things to say? Because he's had a lot of practice, Marie, being a womanizer and all.
      What do I say to that?
      I decide to ask.

why do you say things like that?

Because you're letting me

      I wish these stupid butterflies in my stomach would calm down! Just as I get my breathing and stuff under control, he pulls out something like that.

you've had a lot of practice with this

      There. In one sentence, I put down my fear. It's easier to do it this way when I can sit and think about what exactly to say.

Not really. I'm just saying some of what I'm thinking.

some

      It's almost a question.

You asked me to wait on the other stuff

      Of course, now I want to know what else he's thinking.
      It's really like he's here right now, saying these things to me instead of just texting them. It's like he's mumbling them right into my ear.
      This feeling is so powerful that I actually turn off the lights and close my curtains for fear that he can see me. Then I have a seat on the couch.

are you at home right now?

     My paranoia starts eating at me.

yes. I'm sitting in my bed.
Why? Would you rather I was there?

      There it is again - him asking to come over.

no

    Oh wait! Does that sound bad?
    I can almost see his face fall, and I hate that. He looks so silly when he smiles. Good silly.

stop frowning

     I get a little worried that I guessed incorrectly, and now he's going to make something of it.

Are you hiding somewhere that you can see me?

i guessed

because I feel like you're here

      Oh holy crap! So I'm not the only one.

I wish you WERE here, not for anything you might think, but just here.

     I take a deep breath and try to calm my shaking. Why does he keep asking for physical when emotional I can barely handle? Not for anything I might think? What does he mean exactly? Why?

because I like being near you

      I cover my mouth with my hand. Did he just read my mind?
      Me too, Jesse, I think as I remember how much easier things got once he showed up at the bar tonight. I guess if I have to have a hero sometimes, I'm glad it's him.
       My hands shake a little as I type up my next text:

i felt better tonight after you showed up

      There. That puts it in a way that I can handle.

I'm so happy you said that.

     I can picture him looking at his phone with that same look in his eyes he had yesterday, well, day before yesterday, when he told me he has feelings for me.

Marie I'm about 3 seconds from driving over there

     I sit upright real fast.

no. i can't handle that.
i'm sorry.

      I lean over and bury my face into the couch cushions, trying not to cry. I just met him, and he's getting too close. This is just a game to him, but it isn't to me. That's why he keeps asking for physical.

I'll still see you tomorrow, right?

      Oh no. How am I going to handle tomorrow after all this?
      Tough it out, Marie. Keep him at arm's length.

i said i'd come so i'll be there

     I'm getting very sleepy.

Then I'll go to sleep so tomorrow gets here faster.
Goodnight Marie.

goodnight Jesse




-------------------------------------------------------------------

There were no pictures with this update because I felt they would've ruined the feel of it. (as in -- text only hehe)

36 comments:

  1. awwww, That was just awww. No pictures were needed. I was able to get a feel of how they were both looking and acting during that conversation. That was so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it!
      I'd hoped that you all could get a mental picture since you know what Marie's apartment looks like and have an idea of what Jesse's looks like. After I wrote it, I tried to envision how pics for this chapter would look. I even considered taking a photo of an actual smartphone text page thingy by sending texts back and forth between mine and my husband's phone. Then I thought I'd just use the different sides and italics to get the point across. I figured a bunch of pictures of her holding a phone would've been boring. :)
      Thanks

      Delete
  2. Wow, my mind actually had a fun time picturing them. Marie biting her lip often at every text he sent. Jesse frowning then smuck-smiling then frowning again.

    I loved it! Sometimes it's fun to picture yourself! I really enjoyed this update. It was funny and a bit intense at the same time. Jesse could've really ruined it tonight had he not been careful. *SQUEEEE*

    For a moment there I went, OMG we think alike, since I have a much shorter, but almost similar type of scene in the next Tamed (I'll update tomorrow, 55% change of that) only they're not texting, but calling.

    I'll be smiling the whole day now, just because of this update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, she was either trying to bite that lip off, laughing, or having a mouth dropped in shock. Smuck-smiling LOL! Poor Jesse. So frustrated.

      I'm so glad! I just couldn't figure out how to do pics for this one. Then I finally said to hell with it. Jesse wanted it to be more intense than it was, but he was so worried about doing something like that because of the day she just had so the testing/feelers were necessary.

      Oh boy!! An update!!!
      I loved writing this scene, and yay, I'm glad great minds think alike.
      Jesse would've preferred to call instead so he might be jealous of whoever (I suspect Damian?).

      Aw, thanks. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, that was so awesome!
    I love that you did that. I think the distance of texting really helped Marie, she didn't constantly feel the need to back off and run. Well, she did a little, but because he wasn't there, or on the phone even, it was easier for her to carry on with the conversation.
    Jesse seems to have gotten it down, getting the right amount of flirting to get her excited without pushing her into flee mode. Just about, lo, there were moments where I thought she might shut down.
    But I think this was a real break through for them, and really excellent of you to find a way they could communicate that would work for Marie.
    Alsp, I love the typos you had her make. That was very real. I have the worst time with vowels, myself, and I saw a lot of my most common mistypes in there, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled you liked it! I really did worry people would be all like 'cheater! there are no pics with this update!'

      It did. That's part of what prompted Jesse to ask. You'll get more of what he's thinking tomorrow in the bonus. :) Yes, since he wasn't standing right in front of her, she felt more confident at expressing herself just a little more. That incident with her ex really screwed with her brave trait.

      Oh, Jesse's pro at sexting. (I can't believe I just used that term.) Of course, he'd always rather have the real thing, and often it would lead to that for him. Still, he wanted to watch his step because of the wretched day she'd just had. If they'd been face-to-face, she might've shut down and closed those doors.

      Tricking Marie into giving him her phone indeed is one of his best moves for the two of them, certainly.

      I love that there's a typo in what you said there, proving your point. :D The first typo she did is an actual typo that I decided to leave because it fit so well. the second one almost, the first half, then I kept out the a's on purpose. Good to know we have the same mistypes. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh boy, now I'm seriously dying to see what's going to happen between the two of them at the party. I'm surprised their cellphones didn't spontaneously combust at the heat their flirting was generating.

    Loved their whole texting interaction. Very sweet, so romantic. And by Marie's long pauses and blushing and not knowing what to say and wanting to keep the conversation going I'm guessing she loved it too.

    That said, I really, really hope Jesse doesn't push beyond what Marie's comfortable with right now, they have a shot at redoing their initial encounter and starting over on the right note, they shouldn't blow it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, it'll be fun. I think the party is going to need two chapters because there's also tons of other characters' drama squished in. (Lynne has something to tell Erin.) I think Marie wondered why her cell didn't catch fire. You know, good thing she didn't break it when she dropped it!!

      Marie liked the texting, yes. She only just barely let herself acknowledge that. Trust is going to be a big deal for her, like a few others in this story. hm. :)

      Jesse Wants to push, but he also won't let himself if he can just remember to tread carefully. (so he doesn't end up curled up in pain on the floor LOL) Exactly. He's working so hard to get past that first impression.

      :)

      Delete
  5. Oh bless Jesse's heart. He's trying so hard not to push her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the phrase 'Bless his/her heart'. :)

      Yes, he's trying So hard not to push, then he still held back a little when she asked him what he'd do if he did push her. It's almost like he's letting her call the shots as long as she doesn't Stop calling the shots.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  6. :')
    Actually tearing up. That has a lot to do with the fact that when I first 'met' my boyfriend he gave me his number, and I, of course, text him that night so he'd have mine too.
    We didn't flirt as heavily as this, but he later told me he was SO relieved when I text him that night rather than waiting until morning, and just... wow... This bought back memories :)

    I don't even know what to say, trying too hard not to cry!

    <3 I could see both of them in my mind, with one of those diagonal jagged lines they use on TV when they show both sides of a phone conversation, but the backgrounds were greyed out because I don't know their houses well enough to picture them. Didn't matter, I honestly wouldn't have noticed there weren't any pictures if you hadn't said at the start!

    I loved how Marie was in control of the conversation, even though she didn't realise it. Yes, Jesse pushed a tiny bit, but he seemed to know how much was too much and didn't say anything that was too far. Marie's responses were so... me! Lol, I'm pretty uncomfortable being told I'm pretty or being given any compliments, but I think a lot of people are like that.

    The most exciting part, was that when Jesse was saying he wanted to come round (thinking back, he did that a lot...) Marie wasn't instantly "Ew! No!", she actually considered it for a few seconds (well, in my mind she did, lol) meaning she is beginning to admit her feelings to herself! :D

    Ohhhhhh Can't wait for 'tomorrow night' :D :x <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :')
      Oh wow, so almost a match to your life! That's so sweet! (the situation, not the match) More of a gentleman than Jesse I guess. :)

      I love that diagonal lines vision. Every time I try to do something like that in my photo editing, I manage to screw it up somehow for several reasons.
      Hm, should I post pics of the houses and their interiors on the scrapbook page? I think I've showed Marie's place kinda okay, but yeah, Jesse's can be a bit of a mystery. Bryce's is an EA house that I booted the original occupants and added more decor before totally redoing Adele's room.
      I'm glad you're okay with the no pictures. I feel like I cheated a little, but it wouldn't have worked.

      Exactly! Jesse would test her a little here and there, but it was ultimately up to Marie even if Jesse (I think?) actually said more. You'll get to see Jesse's side of the story tomorrow in the bonus. He wanted to really push, but he held back because of the day she'd had. Hehe, I'm glad you could identify with Marie's responses. :) If it were me in that situation, I'd want something to replace the bad memory of the day so I might've been more easily pushed. (does that make sense?) But poor Marie is almost terrified thanks to Dawson, etc. Hm, compliments make me a little uncomfortable too, but in a texting situation I think they would be easier. Yeah, I get what you're saying even though I sound confusing right now I think. lol

      Yes, he was DYING to get over there, but he wouldn't without her say. He didn't want to be another Simon. Picture his behavior like a caged animal. Lion, Mufasa and all LOL. He did ask it in different ways several times before he just outright said it. (the #1 reason I put that thing at the top asking for a slow-scrolling method was to have that text come out of the blue like that. whoa!) Yeah, she did think about it for a few seconds the first time he 'asked'.

      Remember when I said you'd be sick to death of Tuesday? LOL still one more to go, and then there's Wednesday morning. LOL :)

      Delete
    2. Lol, I think Jesse is a gentleman! But, yes, he wasn't so pushy.
      Loved the layout of it, too.

      I wouldn't even know where to start with that diagonal line thingy. Not a photo editer.
      Hm, you could put pics of the houses up, but then someone might go 'I want to see this persons house' and in the end you'd have a very long page. We'll see Jesse's place at the party, anyway :)
      And it's hardly cheating to have no pics! The writing is the hard part!

      Not confusing at all! Clearly our minds work the same ;)
      I agree that compliments are easier to take in text-form, a lot of stuff is easier in text-form. You have time to think about responses, and really take in what the other person has said and what they meant by what they said. I'm just not good at communicating, though :p

      Aww, bless. Sweet little Jesse :)
      LOL! I wonder what animal Marie will think of him as? I wonder if she and Erin will become good enough friends for Erin to share her Mufasa thing with her? I want Erin to tell Bryce, by the way. That would be hilarious! :D
      It did come out of the blue when he just announced he was about to jump into Martha and drive on over, think my eyes got a bit wide lol. I didn't realise how long this chapter was until I was scrolling down to reply to this, because of how slow I scrolled while reading :p

      Pretty sure I know what the next ones about, but no idea what's going to happen!
      Nope, not sick of Tuesday, though! :p

      Delete
  7. Oh this was a great little interlude, love it! He's pushing all her buttons, heehee. But it's realistic, too, because a lot of times we really can say through text what we couldn't or wouldn't say in person. Now I'm *really* wanting to see what happens at the party! I hope you're almost done with that chapter! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      lol at the pushing buttons pun. Yes, he's definitely testing testing testing her to see what's allowed an what's not.
      Exactly. Things are easier said when we can edit before hitting that send button. It was the 'editing' that drove me nutzo while writing this.
      *ducks head* I still haven't started the party. I know what I definitely want to happen. I figured since I'm ahead on this one that I'll work on the others first.
      I'm planning on doing it soon tho. I'm having Sunlit Tides withdraw. :)

      Delete
    2. :O ::throws stuff:: get on that chapter, woman! ::throws more stuff:: Ok. ::decides not to throw the kitchen sink:: Just kidding. Sorta. :P

      I was quite proud of that pun! Omigah Jesse's button pushing was so cute though. He knew very well he was pushing. I think he's using the concept of progressive overload on her. A little at a time, until she just barely accepts it. Then just a litttttttle more. Then a little more. And using sweet little comments about her eyes and how she says his name, and how he wants to be with her (without saying he wants to bang her). When it's all said and done with, it's gonna be HER tearing into him like a starving tigress!

      Delete
    3. *screams and runs around in circles cuz she doesn't really know where to go*

      It's a good pun! Jesse appreciates a good pun.
      *cocks head to the side* Progressive overload? I made a C in psychology. (helps if you actually GO to class instead of go hang out at your boyfriend's dorm) Still, I get it esp with your nice definition. nice. hehe.
      A tigress with Mufasa? That should be interesting!
      But yes, that's what he wanted - to throw out compliments that would be more easily accepted than just 'nice ass'. LOL

      Delete
    4. lol I didn't even think of the tigress-Mufasa connection!

      Progressive overload is something I learned in Wellness class actually, but I think it's a flexible term. It has to do with increasing fitness through progressive overload--that is, gradually pushing the body to do more.

      Delete
    5. I like big cats.
      I also like to connect my characters to animals. I don't know why. Jesse and Eric (CLJS) are definitely lions tho I've thought of Jesse as a wolf before too. Don't really know if Marie is a tiger yet. For now at least, Bryce is a panther. I just don't know about Erin. I believe Lynne is a badger. Sean is some large bird of prey. Pam is a mama bear. Adele is little red riding hood... *cracks up laughing*. Ginger is a wolverine or a Tasmanian devil, take your pick. Desmond - definitely a bear. Simon is a rat or a snake, again, take your pick. Ashley is an anaconda, but nobody but me knows Ashley yet. Belinda is a house cat. I could probably go on, but I have some writing to do lol.

      Ah, okay. My sister teaches that kind of stuff so I bet she would've recognized the term. neat. :)

      Delete
  8. Awwwwww, JESSE!! :) You make me smile. He was so adorable in this chapter. *hugs Jesse* I thought it was cool seeing Marie's thoughts before she texted a response back. I have so many typos when I type on my phone! Not so much on the computer because it's easier to type on the computer keyboard. Texting is such a simple gesture, but it can make someone feel all warm and fuzzy inside, which is how this chapter made me feel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jesse is adorable! and frustrated.
      Going back and forth with 'she's thinking this but she's going to actually text this and he's thinking this while doing this so this amount of time needs to go by before he actually texts this' just about drove me nuts. or, well, further nuts.
      I don't have as many typos on my phone as I do when I try to use my hubby's Android. That whole swipe-the-finger-across-the-keys-real-fast-and-it-somehow-can-read-my-mind-and-know-what-word-I-want thing boggles my mind. I have a slide-out keyboard. I need actual buttons!
      Keyboards are better, yes. Backspace is probably used almost as much as the space bar.

      Awww, I'm glad this made you feel warm and fuzzy. Jesse is warm and fuzzy too. :)

      Delete
  9. Wow, that was really an insight to both of them. I can't wait to see how this goes between them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! I can't wait to write it out. :)

      Delete
  10. Well written! really liking these two together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just love them. Lots to work through, though, but hopefully it'll all be worth it. :)

      Delete
  11. I am impressed with Jesse. He spells well. hahaha "You're"! yaaay
    I thought I was feeling some of those butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, gotta love auto-correct!
      (and like I could stand putting in the wrong one... even if I do that later with someone else on purpose. It drove me crazy. If I ever do that it's sheer accident only.)

      Cool! :)

      Delete
  12. That was so sweet. I'm glad Marie is being honest about her feelings for Jesse and opening up more to him. I just kept smiling more and more as I read each line lol. Great update :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it. :) It still makes me smile too.

      I noticed you put this twice. I've made it to where I moderate all comments on posts over 2 weeks old in order to cut down on spam (they love chapter 41 for some reason) and so that I don't have to do that captcha thingy for everyone. I usually post the real comments asap. :)

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry about that. I wasn't signed in at first so I wasn't sure if it went through the first time.

      Delete
  13. Hehe, 'text only' :P (I'm easily amused)

    If those two don't get it on soon I'm gonna lose it -.- Next time they talk face to face I want someone to be there to push their heads together so they can get it over with, skip the awkwardness and make each other happy, but I can't blame her for being careful and needing to take things slowly. Really, getting together after only a few days isn't normal, not if you need it to work out rather than just have fun, and it makes sense that she's expecting him to want the latter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me think of my little sisters when I would date. They'd always go, "Y'all kiss" and then giggle hysterically. Ah, the joys of being the oldest of four girls. :)

      Exactly. Marie doesn't want to be a flavor of the week anymore than Erin did.

      Delete
  14. D'awwww... He rally said it well when he told her she was the one in control of the conversation. She didn't have to let any of that be said. Nicely played Mr.Jesse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He CAN get it right when he's simply Jesse and not Mr. Maximus. /giggles.

      Delete