Saturday, April 6, 2013

43: Strangers



Erin



     I wake up to Bryce kissing me again, and I smile.
     "I like waking up like that," I say quietly and worry about morning breath.
     "As long as I'm the one that does it, I like that you like it," he mumbles with a smile before kissing me deeply. I guess there's no point in worrying about morning breath anymore.
     "I made pancakes," he says and lightly kisses me once more. "Something I actually know how to really cook."
     "What time is it?" I ask while stretching.
     "Nine, lazy butt," he answers and playfully swats my behind.
     I feel my face register my shock as I say, "I guess I was tired."
     "And I'm hungry. I even made coffee. Get up before I eat everything in sight." Suddenly his eyes twinkle with a private joke.
     I decide to test him. I stretch again, scratch my head a little, roll over and say, "I'm too tired. I'll reheat everything later." Then I pull the sheet up over my head.
     "Oh no you don't! I slaved over a hot stove for you, so you're getting up," he says sternly, pulls the sheet off me, leans over a little, and before I know it, he's picked me up and thrown me over his shoulder.

     "Bryce! Bryce, put me down! I have to pee! Put me down!"
     He starts laughing and puts me carefully on my feet. "Well?" he asks, gesturing to the bathroom. I flounce in with every intention of crawling back into bed when I'm done. I'm happy he fixed breakfast, but he should have asked before he went through the trouble.
     I exit the bathroom and turn towards the bed only to find him smiling at me as he sits on it. Damn. He knew I'd do that.
     "Dining room is that way." He points to the door.
     "I'm tired," I whine and look longingly at the bed as it calls to me.
     He stands up, wraps his arms around me, and turns me around as he says, "Nothing a little coffee can't cure." I grab a shirt on my way out of the bedroom.

     The pancakes taste delicious.

     We go shopping to get me a new cell phone, Bryce mumbling teasingly about my talent for destroying electronic equipment. I get mad and playfully step on his toes.
      When we get back to his place, not five minutes go by when Jesse knocks on the front door. I'm a little surprised to see that Marie is with him.

      "Simon's really gone and fucked up this time!" Jesse yells to Bryce. Then, he turns to Marie and asks her to tell him why. She stands there with her arms wrapped around her torso and looking like she wants to disappear.
      "What happened, Marie?" Bryce asks quietly, I guess hoping that a calmer approach than Jesse's might work better.
      "Simon just made a pass at me is all."
      Bryce folds his arms and asks, "And what did you do?"
      "I slapped him across the face," she answers with a touch of anger in her voice.
      Bryce runs a hand across his chin thoughtfully, looking like he's trying to figure out what to say, and his cell phone rings in his pocket. His eyebrows raise when he says, "Speak of the devil." He answers it and listens for a while before telling him to calm down, that he'll take care of it.
       I start to get mad even though I'm merely a quiet observer. Take 'care' of it?! If he doesn't take Marie seriously.... Ooooo.
      Bryce scratches the side of his ear with a wince.
      "What did the fucker say?" Jesse growls.
      Bryce gives him a 'shut up' look and asks Marie to tell him everything, starting at the beginning.

      "He started... Oh, I can't do this! It's nothing I can't handle. I'm sorry for leaving the bar. I'll get back there now if someone would drive me." She looks around at us expectantly.
     Bryce looks stern now as he says, "Marie, I've heard his story. Now I want to hear yours. He started what exactly?"
      Marie puts her hand over her face and speaks in a tortured voice, "He said he hoped we could really grow to enjoy each others company, and then, while we worked on serving customers, he would brush against me in suggestive ways. Then, after I'd put something on the bottom shelf and stood up, he wrapped his arm around my waist and said that maybe we could take advantage of this free time. I told him to stop it, and when he didn't, after wrapping his other arm around me, I slapped him across the face." She looks like she wants to crawl into a hole in the ground and hide.
       "Well, Simon left out the brushing up against you part, but that matches his story. He claims he didn't know he was making you that uncomfortable."
      I glare at Bryce.
      "I know. I'm sorry. I overreacted," Marie says quickly and tries to walk down the hallway.

      Jesse wilts for a second and takes Marie's arm for only a moment. He lets go immediately from the look she gives him, and then he says, "Marie, I was there. You were shaking."
      "I overreacted," she says, maintaining her story.
      Jesse turns to Bryce now. "You heard her. She told him to stop, and he didn't."
      "He said he didn't think she meant it," Bryce claims.
      "That doesn't matter! He should know he can't do crap like that, especially if she told him no."
      "Jesse, you don't have to teach me this."
      "Apparently, I do because you still haven't either gotten into your car to drive over there or picked up your phone to fire his ass."
       "I'm not going to up and fire him without just cause," Bryce argues back.
       "What more 'just cause' do you need? Do you want a sexual harassment suit?" Jesse gets more pissed by the second.
       "Marie says she overreacted."
       "That. Doesn't. Matter!" Jesse yells to the ceiling.
       Who is this jackass that's taken over my boyfriend? I think as the two of them continue to argue. Bryce accuses Jesse of letting any feelings for Marie get in the way of his judgement, saying he's not thinking rationally. He keeps arguing that if Marie realizes she overreacted, then that settles it. 
       I notice Marie starts backing into the hallway. 
       Jesse yells at Bryce saying that whether or not she says she overreacted, Simon still crossed lines. Bryce brings up the events of last Friday night. Now, Jesse really gets pissed off. I've never seen either man act like this. They're up in each others faces. 
      Marie scoots farther back into the hallway and then turns to make an escape. I dart out after her, leaving the two strangers arguing in the kitchen.
      I uncharacteristically call out to her once we're both outside. "Hey, Marie, wait up."
      She turns around and looks at me worriedly. "I'm sorry," she says. "I just can't stand fighting."
      Someone that knows SimFu hates fighting?
      I work at not letting my thought show on my face as I say instead, "I don't like them fighting either. It's so unlike them. Well, as I've come to understand them. At least that harshly." What do I know anyway?
      We both stand here quietly, neither of us minding the quiet, as we stare at the waves where they break before reaching the sandbar.

      "What Simon did was wrong," I turn to her and say bravely.
      Marie turns to look at me and say, "Maybe, but I still overreacted. He thought I wanted that."
      "But he didn't stop when you asked him to."
      "It was a mistake," she says with her teeth clenched.
      "Marie!" we hear Jesse call out from Bryce's front porch. It doesn't take him long to spot us, and he comes running over. "Please help me convince Bryce that Simon needs to be fired. He won't listen to reason, and he won't do anything unless you complain."
      Marie turns to look at Jesse. I'm guessing she's trying to figure out a way to tell Jesse to calm down.
      Bryce's stern voice carries over to us. "Marie, I'll take you back to the bar." Then, he turns to Jesse to ask, "Shouldn't you be at work?"
      Marie nods and starts walking in Bryce's direction. Jesse reaches out to stop her, but she does some twisting, circular motion with her arm that causes him to breathe in sharply in pain. He lets go immediately. She gets in Bryce's car, and the two of them leave.

       Jesse stops scowling for a minute before he asks me, "Didn't he want you to not be by yourself?"
       My eyes widen as I suddenly wonder where Sean is.
       "I can stick around if you want me to until he gets back," he offers, looking like he's thinking about something else.

       I suddenly get a vindictive idea. "No. You need to get back to work after all. Take me with you." I turn on my heel and march off to... Mary? Martha? ...his car. He laughs quietly behind me, obviously catching on to what I'm doing. Bryce doesn't fear for Marie, and he pushes her back in the company of that creep. Then he leaves me in the process when who knows where Sean is. Let him panic.

31 comments:

  1. Ooh, Erin, you bitch :p
    Eheheeeee *gleeful laughter* I LOVE playing mind games, and 'teaching men a lesson' by winding them up. GO ERIN! WOOOO!

    But, yes. You'd think as Bryce is so good at reading people, he'd be able to notice that Marie was seriously uncomfortable, and was just saying she was overreacting to avoid making a fuss. I know, because I'd do exactly the same.

    Didn't like seeing Bryce and Jesse argue, and I'm worried about what may have been said inside while the girls were outside. And I hope Bryce doesn't go all overpossessive psycho-killer on Jesse's ass when he finds Erin.

    Oh, this was WAY too short. I hope that your posting it on Saturday instead of the usual Monday, means you have the next one all ready for the usual Monday release slot? Yes? Please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMBO!!!!
      Both Erin and Jesse are pissed off at Bryce for ignoring the obviously uncomfortable way Marie acted. Plus, Erin really is worried (unnecessarily of course) about where Sean is, and she's mad that Bryce forgot about that too with his wanting-to-get-his-employee-back-to-work-ed-ness.

      Bryce has a lot on his mind. He knows Simon is a sleezeball, but he's also seen how jumpy Marie is. Then, when Marie 'dropped her charges', he decided that it was probably just Marie making much ado about a little bit. He doesn't want to deal with the issue. Jesse's right, he could get the pants sued off of him.

      They don't argue that badly often. Bryce felt threatened by Jesse trying to tell him how to run his business, and Jesse felt filled with righteous anger FOR Marie since she wasn't going to defend herself apparently. Jesse wanted Bryce to ignore Marie's words and look at her body language instead.
      Bryce? Possessive psycho-killer? AHAHAHAHAHA! Well, Jesse is certainly not the first person he'd pick right now to trust around Erin.

      I'm trying not to make my chapters long, but I guess this one was a tad short. It's just that I wasn't sure where to break up the next bits, still hammering all that out, and I'm trying to keep the next chapter from being a monster.

      No, not a chapter ready for Monday. I DO have a surprise though.... :) If it's 'ready' by Monday. Maybe tomorrow, it all depends.

      Delete
    2. A surprise?!?!?!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
      I can't wait til Monday, so it better be tomorrow.

      Anyway, yes, I'd be mad at Bryce too. Not just the Marie thing, but forgetting about her crazy ex chasing her? Sean is almost all Bryce has thought about since he turned up, and he convieniently forgets all about it when Erin seems angry at him. Avoiding a conversation? Not like Bryce at all.

      I *can* see Bryce's side. I don't want to. I want Simon to get screwed and everyone to live happily ever after, but I can understand. Marie clearly isn't going to press charges *if* anything did happen, and Simon could quite easily kick up a fuss about unfair dismissal if he got fired with no evidence. Jesse is very biased, because he's head over heels about Marie, and I can see him getting quite possessive and jealous, and so throwing out wild accusations about people who seem like competition.

      Of course, we know what really happened, and so it's easy for us to blame Bryce and say he's not taking things seriously.

      I assumed they didn't argue like that much, wouldn't be a very good friendship if they did! LOL
      HAHALOL! I know Jesse-and-the-kiss is in the past, way in the past, but a moment like that is definately enough to wind Bryce up enough to throw out accusations to Jesse, saying he was trying to seduce Erin, when, again, we know what happened, and it wasn't like that in the slightest.

      Make them as long as they need to be!

      And, yeah. Surprise! Oohhh....
      If you're not putting one out Monday, I'll try and get last weeks April chapter out... :| I got too caught up in that Rebirth chapter last weekend to get pics and finish writing it, but I've done all the writing now, just need to do the pics.
      EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Surpriseeeeee!!!!
      GAH! The suspense!!!! D:

      Delete
    3. Well, I'm sitting here waiting for the moment when I can release the surprise, so maybe you'll already know what it is by the time you read this. I hope I don't disappoint. I'm not going for super-duper, just nice.

      Exacta-freaking-ly! Sean, Sean, Sean is all Bryce has been thinking about, and not This?! He just leaves her standing on the beach when he didn't even want to go to work without her on Sunday? He needs a wake-up call so he can get back to being himself.

      I'm glad you can see his side, even if we know how things really went down. It's been a little difficult for me to do all this, and Bryce has been the most complicated person in the scenario when you'd think it would've been Marie. Nope.

      Mhm, yes, he really Has forgiven Jesse and let it go, but that doesn't mean he forgot. It's always lurking in the back of his mind, and Marie Has been turning Jesse down....
      and yep, we know what's going on, that their whole thing is totally platonic. Right now, all Jesse can think about is figuring out Marie. I love brooders. Then having a brooder with a good sense of humor has really been a lot of fun.

      Fine then! *snakes head back and forth* I just made the next one longer cuz of you! :P LMBO :) At least I sketched it out and took the pics first which makes it go faster for me.

      Delete
    4. GAH! Why do you need to wait?! The suspense is killing meeeeeee!!!
      (I checked the 'chapters' page last night. LOL! Is that the surprise? AHAHAAAA LOL it made me laugh so much!)

      Yeah, Bryce is being pretty irrational. I wonder if he'll suddenly remember about Sean when he's dropped Marie off? I have a feeling that he will, and go speeding home instead of talking to Marie and Simon, and then freak out because Erin isn't there, and try and call her, but I assume she left her brand new phone in his house. He'll then call Jesse in tears, and Jesse will feel really awkward like 'uh, do I tell him...?'
      I'll stop. It's your story, not mine :p

      I can see how it'd be complicated to write Bryce. He's been 'the good guy' the whole time, and it seems like a MASSIVE jump to make him a bad guy for a few moments, when it does fit his character when you get over the initial anger and think about it.

      The sad thing is, that until Jesse gets a girlfriend (read: Marie) then Bryce won't 100% trust Jesse and Erin alone. Which is stupid, because Jesse won't do that to his best friend, and Erin won't do that ever, because she's been cheated on before.
      I do love Jesse. I hated him when we first met him and he was chasing after Erin when she was already with Bryce, but I love him now. I just want to protect him :)

      WOO! :D I do pics first for the legacy, because I have last-second plot changes all the time there, but I do think up a rough plan first. For April, it's all pre-written and then I get pics (I need ONE MORE pic for this chapter, but the damn game crashed as I was lining the shot up, and I couldn't be bothered to go in again today. Should have it done tomorrow.), but I do change it very slightly if sims won't look the right way, or the poses don't fit right.
      But, I agree. Pics first is loads quicker, for some reason. It only takes me about an hour to do a legacy chapter, whereas April takes me about 8 (spread over the week, and I think about it at work when I'm bored, because I work in a factory and don't need my brain for most of the jobs, and can't socialize over the loud machinery.)

      *Sits and waits 'patiently' for the surprise*

      Delete
    5. I worked out what you're waiting for!

      Delete
    6. Hehe, yeah I was like '11 more' .... '7 more' .... '1 more, oh you gotta be kidding me' hehe, then either you or ksmomma pushed it over the edge since mine don't count. :D

      Very nice guess.

      Yeah about the 'good guy' thing, but also the fact that he's a GUY plus all the psychological mess. Oh, and that he's a guy. did I mention that? So far, Jesse has been easier. So much easier that he's a brooder. I can let y'all know what he's thinking whereas with Bryce, he doesn't want to think about his thinking. gah! (hehe I used y'all and whereas in the same sentence)

      Exactly, Bryce Won't 100% trust Jesse around Erin until he knows for sure that there's nothing there but awkward-yet-building friendship. So, yeah, when Jesse finally gets a girlfriend that's hopefully Marie. She needs him.

      Mhm, and it was those little last minute changes doing a butterfly effect to the whole chapter that caused/forced me to learn how to make poses so that I'd have no excuse for that to happen. (although, Erin's expression in the next-to-last pic isn't quite what I had in mind, but it was funny so I kept it.)
      Ugh! I know that 'one more pic' feeling. When I planned this one out (after writing), I had to make a pose (thankfully only one, thanks Aeon!). Then, I load up the game (ave. load time =40 mins... working on that) and I don't have the pose because I forgot to package it up. /cry. So I shot the others and planned on getting the last one another time. Then I went to play my legacy family, aged up Skye (stupid ages all messed up), gave him a makeover since he's a real hottie now, went to take a pic of him with the rising sun on his face and poof! screen goes black and game has crashed. grrrrr. BUT I put in the package and got that last damn shot and then the beginning of the next chapter, then the chapter after that one pics first, then the end of the next chapter to this one.

      Delete
  2. Who is this jackass that's taken over my boyfriend? --yes indeed! I *knew* Bryce would fail to see the seriousness of what Simon did, but wow, leaving Erin to take Marie BACK to that situation? Has the man lost his mind?! Her reaction to leave with Jesse is soooo the right thing to do, because when Bryce gets back and finds Erin gone, he's gonna flip, and he deserves it! I really really hope Erin smacks some sense into him...in your Monday release ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, we see more of the bad side of Bryce's character. Yep, you called it! It took a lot not to tell you how right you were at the end of the last chapter. Well, he wanted to get his employee back to work (and a little to get her away from Jesse--like that would work, huh). Maybe he has lost his mind.
      It's not hard to believe that Bryce will flip out when he finds Erin not at the house. Maybe he does deserve it with the nonchalant way he left her at the house.

      No, not a Monday chapter unless I can get in and magically get the shots I need, and the day is flying past. There is a surprise by Monday, however, judging by the way things go. :)

      Delete
    2. A surprise, hm?

      So now he wants to get Jesse away from Marie? Wasn't he the one that tried to hook them up to begin with?

      I don't know if I'd call it a "bad side" of Bryce's character, but rather, a less than stellar side, lol. I still love me some Bryce <3 and I'm hoping Erin will take him to task for all this.

      Delete
    3. Yeap, a surprise... sitting here staring at numbers, waiting. I hope I don't disappoint. I wasn't going for super-duper, just nice, like I told gemly.

      No no no, he wants Jesse and Marie to hook up, but right now he needs his waitress back on the job. Plus, Jesse is getting on his nerves, so he offered to drive Marie back over to The Flamingo since Jesse obviously wouldn't.

      There ya go. That makes sense. Nobody is ever really spotless in my stories, so word to the wise, if that's what you're wanting, stop reading. :) Still, yeah, I love him. He needs a good smack upside the head from Erin for all this.

      Delete
    4. It was definitely a nice surprise, thank you again :)

      And like hell I'm gonna stop reading! Already waiting for the next release!

      Delete
    5. I'm glad. I was trying to think of a little something to commemorate the occasion.

      Glad again. :) I'd be sad otherwise. IJS, some people want happy, hunky-dory love all the time stuff, and that's not me. (spell check didn't go nuts over hunky-dory like I though it would. O.o )

      Delete
  3. Bryce! Bryce! Bryce! Bryce! What to do with you? Just when I think I'm ready to forgive him for his earlier booboos, he goes and does another one! He's really not winning me over!

    I get that Marie recanted her statement, but since Bryce has known Jesse longer than he knows Marie and Simon, his best friend's word and the way he was so worked up should have counted for something.

    Erin's trying to pay Bryce back, but two wrongs don't make a right, someone's gotta show some level of maturity and show the other (Bryce) the way, these mind games may seem like the best payback at the time, but in the long run they are not helping anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I hit the publish button, I figured this would put Bryce back in the bad books. :/ He thinks he's doing the right thing. What he's seen of Marie being jumpy around Jesse and anyone else that happened to look like they might flirt with her and the way he knows Simon is makes him believe that Marie overreacted, even if Simon was being obnoxious. He plans on having a chat with his assistant manager. In the mean time, his waitress needs to get back to work.

      Very. Good. Point! He should've listened to the words coming out of Jesse's mouth! Still, he's also taking into account that Jesse really likes Marie and happened to see a scene where another guy was hitting on her (then she 'hit on' him lol), making him jealous. Plus, Jesse and Simon have only just tolerated each other in the past, and he wonders if Jesse also wants to use this occasion to really get rid of Simon once and for all.

      No, two wrongs don't make a right, you're right. Erin's actions are a little childish at the moment, but she's too mad to care. Still, give Erin a little time to calm down, and she'll get back to her more reasonable self. At any rate, going to Jesse's store will certainly get Bryce's attention!

      Delete
  4. It just really made me sad to see Marie close up and blame herself. The fact that she repeated Simon's claim, of 'he thought I wanted it, he didn't think I meant no when I said no' just made me furious. That attitude makes the workplace dangerous for women everywhere.
    LOL, sorry about the rant, but I worked in darkroom where I was the only female employee. You have to stand your ground or get trampled. And it made me sad to see a woman that came off as strong as Marie did at first turn into a doormat.
    Bryce has really got to snap his head up there, someday he will face a sexual harassment suit if he keeps Simon on.
    I'm glad Erin at least is going to try to slap him awake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me mad to think about it, and *I* wrote it! Crap like this happens way way way too often! I know exactly how Marie feels, and not just from writing the character. She knows she's got issues, and now she thinks they came out again in a bad way, that surely Simon didn't mean anything sinister about what he said and she made a stink over almost nothing. 'So what if he's flirting? people do that, right?' Hopefully, if given time to really think about it in a realistic light, she can see that he should've stopped when she said no. Her 'no' was a true 'no' not a 'quit it, not right now' no, and Simon should've stopped immediately.... if even hitting on her was a good idea in the first place. Rant away! I was hoping, actually, that someone would say all that.

      Bryce needs to have a little chat with Simon, but right now his focus is keeping the business running. He doesn't plan on Simon going scot-free.

      Maybe Erin's little stunt will be a bit of a wake-up for Bryce. Hopefully, it won't just cause a bigger fight.

      Delete
  5. I have to say I'm a little disappointed in Bryce this chapter. He needs to at least talk to Simon and give him some sort of warning. I mean he really just wants to sweep this under the rug and think all if fine. I'm with Erin on this one who the hell is this jack ass. If this has been her, would he really have been so calm about it? Would he be driving her back to a place where a guy practically tried to drag her off to the back room? I don't think so. He says Jesse is over reacting, I say he's under reacting.

    Marie has some stuff going on I think. Since I haven't read the other story I don't know her full background, but the pass he made and trying to push away Jesse when he's only trying to help is odd. I'm still trying to figure her out.

    Hahaha she is just leaving that is funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bryce is being a bit of an ass, but he thinks he's doing the right thing. He knows Simon is obnoxious, but he also has seen how jumpy Marie gets. He's going to have to have a little chat with Simon that he can't do that crap with Marie... if Simon hasn't figured that out yet. Hopefully, it'll work.
      Hehe, as I was writing it up, with my plan in mind, writing it from Erin's p.o.v. really put me in a little bit of shock for Bryce to act this way. To Erin, so far, he's been Mr. Hero-protect-the-world, but now he's proving that he's fallible. (not that she thought he was perfect, ijs) If it Were Erin, he Certainly wouldn't be driving her back over to be around someone she's not comfortable with.
      Jesse under-reacting. Yeah. It was all he could do to keep himself from forcing Marie to not go back to the bar in any way he could. He had to remind himself that that's not his place. Both 'business Jesse' and 'flirty Jesse' aren't comfortable at all, downright antsy even, with Marie going back to be around that prick. But, he does have to get back to rescue Lara from the flood of customers she probably has since, for some reason, Tuesday and Wednesday are big snorkeling/scuba diving days. (I need another imaginary store employee.. before you know it, I'm going to have to draw up their work schedules... I already have a slight one in place for Bryce's bar, sigh)

      Marie had a rough time growing up from first being shipped off to a boarding school where she rebelled so much that she got kicked out (really happened in-game). Then things were good when her mom married the man she came to call her dad, and they had a little brother for her. Then her 'parents' had a nasty divorce after she witnessed her dad beating the crap out of her mom. She couldn't stand her mom's new husband when she remarried. Then her boyfriend Andy broke up with her, making the cracking up of her life a little worse. Then, there was the drama of her boyfriend's younger brother, Dawson, (also her best friend) getting mad at another of their friends, Armand, for asking Marie out. Then, her mom's new husband cheated on her, and she had to go through another divorce, also affecting yet another little brother her mom had had with her 2nd husband. Well then, her mom remarried her dad and everyone aged up. Her still-boyfriend, Armand, and her got into a fight where he hit her (I've said that she'd never been hit by a guy ... Armand didn't really really 'punch her lights out' like Sean had done) so she broke up with him. Then the whole drama that she explained to Jesse happened. There's a reason I think of all this as a soap opera LOL. And.. she's about as good as dealing with all of it as her mother, and she'd hate that I'd made that comparison. Poor Jesse.

      Yeah, Erin is ticked. It's a little childish of her to act like this, but who really thinks straight when they're mad. :)

      Delete
  6. Woohoo Erin make him squirm...I can't believe he didn't fire Simon..and he's lucky all Marie did was slap him she could have seriously hurt him. I can't wait to read the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yes! Bryce thinks he can just be Mr. Boss-man and not worry about what Erin might think.
      Yes, Simon is lucky Marie didn't pull some simfu moves on him. When she's in those kind of situations, it's like kryptonite to Superman even tho that kind of situation is Why her father taught her simfu in the first place. Chapter 45 out on Monday! :-)

      Delete
  7. I just wanna say i'm still loving your story! I had fallen really behind (I always do on my stories, I fall behind, spend forever catching up, fall behind, repeat cycle, it's what I do lol) i'll finish catching up tomorrow. Sean and simon....urgh! Though I hate simon a lot more, what with the near rape thing, he gets no sympathy from me. If Simon learns that no means no maybe I could be ok with him...
    Your story is very well written and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's nice to have a handfull or a couple handfulls of chapters to read. I try to not make my chapters too long so that catching up can be easy.
      Yeah, those two turd-wads are almost fun to hate. Esp. Sean. He has to now deal with knowing what he almost did, something he didn't want to admit to even to himself.
      Simon, however, knew exactly what he was doing and planning.
      Thanks! I'm so happy you're enjoying it.

      Delete
  8. I meant I hate Sean more...though you probably coulda guessed that by what I said lol my bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, it took me a sec, but I figured it out, yes. :-)

      Delete
  9. Awww.. poor Marie. Respect. She needs to learn (if she hasn't already) that she needs to be respected. Simon continuing to touch her when she asked him to stop wasn't right, he didn't respect her wishes. I don't think she overreacted, Simon was just being rude.
    I hope that Bryce talks to Simon when he gets to the bar. I understand how it would be hard for Bryce to fire him over the phone because it's true, he has no evidence. I do think that Bryce should be more wary of Simon and observe how he acts around his female waitresses. Not knowing Simon, though, it's possible he'd behave whenever Bryce was around and then try to feel up the waitresses behind Bryce's back. BUT... I feel like I get Bryce. It was kind of abrupt that he left Erin on the beach, but it makes me think he's trusting enough of Jesse to do that. LOL, reading through the comments, I may be the only one who understands him. At least I hope I understand him. :D
    I like Jesse too, and I can see his frustration with Marie not taking more of a stand on how she's been wronged by Simon.
    I don't like mind games, so I'm not really with Erin on her actions especially since I feel Bryce was just so irritated at Simon and the whole situation that he didn't think. I have been really mad at times, and I don't think. It just happens when you're mad. I could see too that Erin's probably pissed Bryce just left her there, so maybe she's not thinking either, but I'm still not okay with mind games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deep down, Marie's pretty tough. Right now she just feels silly, and mildly upset at herself for expecting others to handle her problems for her. Simon was being a dick.

      Technically, Jesse's testimony is evidence in a way. Still, with the way Jesse's been acting lately it's easy for Bryce to blame him for acting on jealousy alone.
      Simon is a liability.
      Bryce wasn't thinking when he left Erin. All he was thinking was he wanted to get away from Jesse and get Marie back to work.
      Yeah, everyone was pretty pissed at Bryce at this point, for good reason, but yes, it's also important to see his side of the story, something I didn't tell.

      Jesse's aggravated because when HE'D tried something similar to that, he got kneed in the nuts. Something about the way Simon did it scared Marie out of her wits more than just being angry like she was with Jesse.

      They're all acting a bit immature, Erin included. She just wants to give him an emotional bucket of cold water in the face or something like that. She's mad about the Simon thing. She's mad about the Jesse thing. She's mad that he's driving Marie back to work. She's mad he left her. (the smallest concern, however) So, this is the first way for her to get him back.
      Mind games suck, but unfortunately, people still do them. :/

      Delete
    2. Yeah it's true, people do lots of things that suck. :(
      Whoa, Simon gave Marie a creep factor... for lack of a better word... that's creepy. ;)

      Delete
  10. ^^ Ditto.
    Was Bryce perhaps taking an easy way out when it was presented to him? Losing an assistant manager would mean more work and trouble for him while he's wanting to play with Erin.
    Go Erin! What a way to get a point across. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way I have this set up, the island is self-governed, and the sexual harassment definition is more lax. He has to be careful while piecing together what actually happened. Like I said, this doesn't get resolved any time soon.
      That is a good point, though (him losing the asst manager and having to work more), but he has a plan should that come to pass.

      Hehe. She says thanks.

      Delete