Jesse
I have a fabulous idea. Tomorrow is Wednesday, and I know Marie has the day off. I also know that she's going to do everything she can to avoid me since she knows I know. I'm going to throw a party tomorrow afternoon. Just a small party. I haven't done one of these in a few weeks.
However, it won't even be worth it if Marie won't come, so there's my challenge: how to convince her to come without it sounding like I'm only throwing the party as an excuse to spend time with her. I won't lie to myself and say that that's not what it is because that's exactly what it is.
Hm, Bryce and Erin, Pam and Simon, Lynne, Belinda, Troy, Ginger... and Desmond. Hm. That's just weird. Bryce had told me the other 'hot' night about Ginger and Desmond. I never would've guessed. And Marie.
Hm, Bryce and Erin, Pam and Simon, Lynne, Belinda, Troy, Ginger... and Desmond. Hm. That's just weird. Bryce had told me the other 'hot' night about Ginger and Desmond. I never would've guessed. And Marie.
I'm being friendly and including the new girl!
That knows I like her.
That has green eyes and fantastic legs, I think and momentarily forget myself as I think of what I would do with those legs if I could.
Lara starts helping a couple of guys rent scuba gear, and it startles me back into reality.
Lara starts helping a couple of guys rent scuba gear, and it startles me back into reality.
I groan and chastise myself for letting my mind slip down a torturous path while I'm trying to plan something.
I'm going to throw it anyway. Invite everyone else first. Maybe then somebody... um, Lynne maybe, or Pam, could convince her to come. Guilt her into coming since everyone else will too. I throw good parties.
Hm, Lynne. Pam will get all bubbly and start asking question after question that I don't mind answering; it's just I have other things to do!
I call Ginger first, and it goes straight to voicemail. So, I leave a quick message. Then I call the others, saving Lynne for last. Bryce can't come. I don't know why I forgot he has to work.
"Lynne..." I say, drawing out her name.
"What is it, Jesse?" she asks. "Belinda told me about the party already. Yeah. Of course I'll come."
"Good, but that's not exactly why I called you."
"Oh?"
"I have a favor to ask."
"What?"
"Would you... ask the new waitress Marie to the party for me?" I ask her, and she gets quiet. "If I ask her, she'll undoubtedly say no."
"Why doesn't this surprise me?" she teases.
I whine, "Lynne..." Then I pause for effect. "Please?"
"You're incorrigible, do you know that?"
"That's what I've been told." I make another pause before I beg again, "Please?"
"All right, but I'm not guaranteeing results," she says with a loud sigh followed by a quiet laugh.
I can't stop my grin. "Thanks, Lynne!"
A few hours later, Lynne calls me back and says that Marie told her no, that she wouldn't be comfortable coming.
When I hang up with her, I tell Lara I'll be right back, grab my keys, and decide to drive Martha over to The Flamingo and talk to this stubborn, green-eyed girl with the great legs.
I'm getting to know my assistant manager, Simon, who'd been on vacation last week. He looks a little down that he hasn't much to teach me since Bryce covered it all. So, he has me arranging bottles and restocking the bar as needed.
A few hours go by, and a woman approaches me, telling me her name is Lynne. I think I recognize her as one of my boss's friends, and she confirms my suspicions when she invites me to a party tomorrow night. I ask her where, and she tells me... at Jesse's house. I politely refuse, and she asks me to reconsider, that he throws good parties, and I should join their circle of friends. I tell her some other time perhaps.
Not too much later, I crouch behind the bar, hoping I'm not messing up Jones' organizational system, when Simon walks around it and crouches down next to me.
"You know," he says, "I was a little sad when I heard Bernadette was gone, but I think everything turned out better for it." He reaches up and very slowly tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. I look over at him warily as he continues, "Tuesdays are always so long and hard for me because both Bryce and Jones have the day off. I hope you and I can grow to really enjoy each other's company."
"Uh, yeah," I say slowly and move out of his reach.
Over the next few hours, we work side-by-side, serving customers, and he bumps into me and brushes against me more often than what I think is necessary. If he doesn't watch it, he's going to find himself curled up into a painful ball on the floor. But I don't want to do that to my boss, well, a boss.
Another quiet lull comes around, and I stand up after restocking another part of the bar. I don't realize Simon stands right behind me until I'm fully upright.
Suddenly, his arm wraps around me with his hand splayed on my stomach, and his nose moves into my hair as he murmurs quietly, "You smell fantastic."
My voice sounds stern as I say, "Let go of me, Simon."
"We could make good use of this little bit of quiet time," he says softly as, instead of letting go of me, his other arm wraps around me.
I spin around to see that he thinks I'm going to kiss him. Instead, he gets a slap across the face.
"What's going on?!" I hear Jesse growl menacingly from out of nowhere.
I ignore him as I watch Simon rub his cheek with the backs of his fingers, a thoughtful look on his features. I move away from him, and his now-creepy eyes watch me.
"Then again," he says contemplatively, "maybe we won't."
"Exactly," I snap at him. I am so angry that I'm shaking. My boss! My boss did that! I'm all of a sudden glad Jesse is here as I turn around and mindlessly wipe the tables down once again. At least I have a witness. I glance up at him and see him shooting a deadly glare at Simon. Only a few seconds go by, but they feel like ages.
Simon clears his throat, and the tense silence continues. I feel like I'm having trouble breathing, and I do my best to take deep breaths.
Jesse breaks the silence to ask me, "Marie, may I speak to you a moment?"
"She's working," Simon answers him.
"You're not busy at the moment," Jesse snarls.
Just to spite Simon, I direct Jesse to the lower seating area and use that excuse to sit down in one of the chairs. I put my head in a shaking hand.
"Are you okay?" he asks me quietly as he takes the chair next to me.
I ignore the question. "What do you want, Jesse?"
"It doesn't matter," he answers quickly. "What happened?"
"It doesn't matter," I echo.
"Oh yes it does," he says almost immediately.
"Jesse, stop trying to be the hero," I say exasperatedly.
"I'm not. I'm a concerned friend who wants to tell his best friend to fire that fucker."
"It's nothing I can't handle," I say. "You would know."
"That was different."
"Was it?" I snap the question.
"Yes," he growls.
"Did you come here just to argue with me?" I ask as I see a few customers walk up to the bar's front steps.
"No, I came to beg you to come to my party tomorrow, but something more important is happening," he answers and leans down to try and get in my line of vision. "What did he do, Marie?"
All he did was make a pass at me, I think with my head still in my hand, feeling ridiculous now. "It's not a big deal. He mistakenly thought that I wanted that."
"Mistake being the operative word here. Are you uncomfortable working the rest of the day around him?"
"I can't leave work!" I gasp, looking at him in shock for a second and thinking he's implying that I ditch work to go and tattle to Bryce.
His expression is stern as he says, "Pretend it's not me asking this. Are you uncomfortable?"
"Why does this always happen to me?" I say with my head back in my hand, not answering his question and trying not to break down.
"It's not your fault. You did nothing wrong here, and you can leave. And you have me as a witness to say that something happened."
"I don't want to be here right now, but I can't leave work."
"Oh yes, you can!" His eyes are wide and his nostrils flare out. "Please come with me," he requests now in a moderately-calmer, authoritative voice and holds out his hand near my face, asking me to take it. I stare wordlessly at it.
He sighs and says, "Marie, this is not flirty Jesse. This is business Jesse, and I don't feel comfortable leaving you here."
This is royally-pissed-off Jesse, I think as I throw my rag on the table and put my hand in his. It's big and warm, and it closes around my fingers tightly as he pulls me towards his old car. Simon looks like he wants to yell at me to come back, but the death-glare in Jesse's eyes stops him.
We get into his car. It doesn't have seat belts.
I sit in my seat quietly as Jesse backs into the street and then we head to Bryce's house while he says, "Don't worry. We're going to get that motherfucker fired."
What a fabulous idea, I think.
A few hours later, Lynne calls me back and says that Marie told her no, that she wouldn't be comfortable coming.
When I hang up with her, I tell Lara I'll be right back, grab my keys, and decide to drive Martha over to The Flamingo and talk to this stubborn, green-eyed girl with the great legs.
Marie
I'm getting to know my assistant manager, Simon, who'd been on vacation last week. He looks a little down that he hasn't much to teach me since Bryce covered it all. So, he has me arranging bottles and restocking the bar as needed.
A few hours go by, and a woman approaches me, telling me her name is Lynne. I think I recognize her as one of my boss's friends, and she confirms my suspicions when she invites me to a party tomorrow night. I ask her where, and she tells me... at Jesse's house. I politely refuse, and she asks me to reconsider, that he throws good parties, and I should join their circle of friends. I tell her some other time perhaps.
Not too much later, I crouch behind the bar, hoping I'm not messing up Jones' organizational system, when Simon walks around it and crouches down next to me.
"You know," he says, "I was a little sad when I heard Bernadette was gone, but I think everything turned out better for it." He reaches up and very slowly tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. I look over at him warily as he continues, "Tuesdays are always so long and hard for me because both Bryce and Jones have the day off. I hope you and I can grow to really enjoy each other's company."
"Uh, yeah," I say slowly and move out of his reach.
Over the next few hours, we work side-by-side, serving customers, and he bumps into me and brushes against me more often than what I think is necessary. If he doesn't watch it, he's going to find himself curled up into a painful ball on the floor. But I don't want to do that to my boss, well, a boss.
Another quiet lull comes around, and I stand up after restocking another part of the bar. I don't realize Simon stands right behind me until I'm fully upright.
Suddenly, his arm wraps around me with his hand splayed on my stomach, and his nose moves into my hair as he murmurs quietly, "You smell fantastic."
My voice sounds stern as I say, "Let go of me, Simon."
"We could make good use of this little bit of quiet time," he says softly as, instead of letting go of me, his other arm wraps around me.
I spin around to see that he thinks I'm going to kiss him. Instead, he gets a slap across the face.
"What's going on?!" I hear Jesse growl menacingly from out of nowhere.
I ignore him as I watch Simon rub his cheek with the backs of his fingers, a thoughtful look on his features. I move away from him, and his now-creepy eyes watch me.
"Then again," he says contemplatively, "maybe we won't."
"Exactly," I snap at him. I am so angry that I'm shaking. My boss! My boss did that! I'm all of a sudden glad Jesse is here as I turn around and mindlessly wipe the tables down once again. At least I have a witness. I glance up at him and see him shooting a deadly glare at Simon. Only a few seconds go by, but they feel like ages.
Simon clears his throat, and the tense silence continues. I feel like I'm having trouble breathing, and I do my best to take deep breaths.
Jesse breaks the silence to ask me, "Marie, may I speak to you a moment?"
"She's working," Simon answers him.
"You're not busy at the moment," Jesse snarls.
Just to spite Simon, I direct Jesse to the lower seating area and use that excuse to sit down in one of the chairs. I put my head in a shaking hand.
"Are you okay?" he asks me quietly as he takes the chair next to me.
I ignore the question. "What do you want, Jesse?"
"It doesn't matter," he answers quickly. "What happened?"
"It doesn't matter," I echo.
"Oh yes it does," he says almost immediately.
"Jesse, stop trying to be the hero," I say exasperatedly.
"I'm not. I'm a concerned friend who wants to tell his best friend to fire that fucker."
"It's nothing I can't handle," I say. "You would know."
"That was different."
"Was it?" I snap the question.
"Yes," he growls.
"Did you come here just to argue with me?" I ask as I see a few customers walk up to the bar's front steps.
"No, I came to beg you to come to my party tomorrow, but something more important is happening," he answers and leans down to try and get in my line of vision. "What did he do, Marie?"
All he did was make a pass at me, I think with my head still in my hand, feeling ridiculous now. "It's not a big deal. He mistakenly thought that I wanted that."
"Mistake being the operative word here. Are you uncomfortable working the rest of the day around him?"
"I can't leave work!" I gasp, looking at him in shock for a second and thinking he's implying that I ditch work to go and tattle to Bryce.
His expression is stern as he says, "Pretend it's not me asking this. Are you uncomfortable?"
"Why does this always happen to me?" I say with my head back in my hand, not answering his question and trying not to break down.
"It's not your fault. You did nothing wrong here, and you can leave. And you have me as a witness to say that something happened."
"I don't want to be here right now, but I can't leave work."
"Oh yes, you can!" His eyes are wide and his nostrils flare out. "Please come with me," he requests now in a moderately-calmer, authoritative voice and holds out his hand near my face, asking me to take it. I stare wordlessly at it.
He sighs and says, "Marie, this is not flirty Jesse. This is business Jesse, and I don't feel comfortable leaving you here."
This is royally-pissed-off Jesse, I think as I throw my rag on the table and put my hand in his. It's big and warm, and it closes around my fingers tightly as he pulls me towards his old car. Simon looks like he wants to yell at me to come back, but the death-glare in Jesse's eyes stops him.
We get into his car. It doesn't have seat belts.
I sit in my seat quietly as Jesse backs into the street and then we head to Bryce's house while he says, "Don't worry. We're going to get that motherfucker fired."
What a fabulous idea, I think.













wow um Simon didn't waste any time. I mean damn you had been with her for what an hour or so and you are making moves and suggesting more. How did he not get complaints before???
ReplyDeleteYeah he'll be fired quick and Simon has to know its coming considering Jesse and Bryce are such good friends and he saw it all.
Poor Marie can't catch a break. She should maybe consider hiding out in a convent for a little while or something. :(
Simon started his 'relationship' with Bernadette pretty early too, and he'd gotten comfortable with that. He thought he'd do the same thing with Marie. Something in Marie's nature, that my brain doesn't want to put into words at this moment for some reason, makes these guys think they can get away with this crap.
DeleteBernadette just put up with it, and she actually somewhat hoped that Bryce would do the same thing.
Simon isn't stupid, and he has a plan in mind. Just as soon as he can finish with those customers...
Hehe, sorry it's almost irritating. Not every guy is doing this, I just point out the ones that are.
Thanks for reading, jazen!
Um wow what was that guy thinking, hitting on an employee and in such an invasive and overly suggestive manner...did he really think...?
ReplyDeleteAh but, hurray for Hero Jesse! But will this change Marie's opinion of Jesse? Or maybe convince her to come to his party?
Simon was thinking 'hey, it worked with Bernadette, it probably will with this one too'. Yeah. He was overly suggestive, yes, but he could also claim that he didn't mean what she thought he meant which is really what he meant.
DeleteHero Jesse has a knack for showing up lately. Right now, Marie feels ridiculous, but stressed out. She wants to let Bryce know what just happened, but she's afraid that Bryce will just think she overreacted. :/
Thanks for reading, Misty!
I hope Bryce won't think that :-/ She was instrumental in helping him with Erin's ex. But with her being new, maybe he will, plus he saw how she handled Jesse that first time. I guess that could also depend on just how much Jesse saw. If all he saw was Marie slapping Simon, Bryce could still jump to the conclusion that Marie's overreacting. But that would, of course, give Jesse yet another reason to come to her defense :)
DeleteWho knows what Bryce will think? Oh wait. Me. LOL but I ain't saying.
DeleteVery good points made. She's new, and he doesn't know her as well as he does Simon. Simon's a big flirter too (/sarcasm naw, really?!) but so was Bryce, so he didn't really think badly about it. He's never found out about Bernadette.
The next chapter is mostly-written, and I hope you like it.
Interesting, I wonder what he'd've thought (yes I really did just use double apostrophes) had he known about Bernadette...that not being entirely professional. But as you say, he used to live fast and loose for awhile too. Oh well, glad to hear the next chapter is nearly written, and I'm sure I will love it. If not I'll just throw things at you ;)
DeleteDouble apostrophes are right up my alley. I use 'em all the time in Cutest Lil' Jazz Singer, which I've said before is written in 'Southern'. Cracks me up to think what Google translate does with that thing LOL. At least I post a glossary.
DeleteExactly, he would've probably said something like 'dude, not a good idea' and left it at that if Bernadette wasn't complaining. However, he's a different Bryce now, and Marie looks like she's going to complain.
*ducks* I don't like part of it and I'm thinking about a rewrite.
Wow, Simon's a pushy guy!
ReplyDeleteAnd hitting on an employee that aggressively...if Marie were to bring up a sexual harassment case, it would be Bryce as the owner whose ass would ultimately be on the line. In his position, I'd be firing Simon right away. That's just not acceptable behavior from an asst. manager.
Jesse was there just in time, good for him! Obviously Marie isn't the type to just swoon for her knight in shining armor, but hopefully she'll get to a point where she can be not so closed off and hang with him. Of course, he'd have to lay off the flirting so she doesn't close up and stay closed.
Good luck, Jesse, I'm rooting for ya!
Pushy, yes. Very.
DeleteHe was accustomed to his Tuesdays being interesting especially.
Exactly! It's Bryce's ass on the line here if he doesn't do something about this. So many times situations like these get brushed aside for various reasons, and then other times the braver accusers come forward with a lawsuit. Marie is brave in many things, but situations like these are like kryptonite.
Simon Needs to get fired. Bryce doesn't need someone like that as his asst. manager.
Marie might swoon for a knight in shining armor if that knight wasn't Jesse. Hm, then again nevermind. hehe. She's very independent, and she wants to fight her own battles. Jesse realizing this to some extent was the only reason Simon doesn't have a bloody nose.
Yes, hopefully Jesse can learn to back off and stay the friend and not the guy that's pushing her towards a relationship. Big challenge.
Thanks for reading, cat!
EEE! That's awesome that Jesse saw that. I know Marie won't warm up to him quickly, even because of this, but now I see a little glimmer of hope for them. LOL why does that keep happening to Marie? (rhetorical) She must have a 'touch me inappropriately' sign somewhere on her that she can't see. LOL!
ReplyDeleteJesse, again, has shown up at the right-wrong time. or is it wrong-right?
DeleteThere's always a glimmer of hope when it involves Jesse because he's so optimistic most of the time. He may stew (brood) about things for a while, but in the end, he comes out smiling.
I've been thinking on that ever since responding to jazen's comment on how to phrase this. I'm doing a little stereotyping, just a bit. Marie is damaged but in such a way that doesn't put guys off. (until they try something, that is) She triggers that 'need to protect' instinct. (well, with Simon, it was another instinctual reaction) Plus she's cute and adorably inexperienced. Ugh, I've had her in my stories ever since I started writing stories for sims 3, and I'm still building her character and trying to figure it out at the same time.
Thanks for reading, LateKnight!
Boy, are you mean to poor Marie!
ReplyDeleteSimon, the ASSistant manager. We finally meet. What a douche. Seriously, I barely know the guy and I can't stand him. From the couple of minutes I read about him, I've picked up that he's a womaniser (which Marie wrongly thinks Jesse is), and believes women are objects that will swoon to his charms. He is not charming in the slightest, and deserves to be fired just because I don't like him.
So here's what's going to happen (or else). Bryce is going to believe Marie and Jesse, because he has no reason not to, he must've noticed what kind of guy Simon the ass is, and whether he's good at running the bar or not, he needs to learn that his waitresses aren't sex-toys, and so he'll be fired (hows that for a run-on sentance?). Jones will be promoted to assistant manager. I know I said I didn't really like Jones, but Jones works really hard anyway, and he deserves this promotion. Marie will be given a day or two extra off work, which she'll refuse, 'cuz she's one tough cookie! Lol, and then Erin and Marie will become best of friends until Marie finds out who Erin's cousin is (oh yeah, worked that one out ages ago ;) not forgotton). Marie will go to Jesse's party, because she'll realise Jesse is a friend, and doesn't have to flirt with her all the time, plus, she could do with making some friends. Jesse will get Marie drunk, things will go a little to far for Marie, she'll get weirded out and walk off, causing a scene at the party and leaving Jesse crying like the sweet little softie he is. She'll go back to his the next day, hungover, apologise for being such a cock-tease, and they'll agree to go on a date.
Hope I haven't ruined your story by revealing all those secrets ;p
I'm excited about Jesse's party. 'What a fantastic idea!' :p I'm going to assume there'll still be two or three chapters before that, but I can look forward to it anyway! Plus, we've not really seen inside his house, can't wait to see how he decorates!
But seriously, give poor Marie a break now before she becomes a mess on the floor!
"can't wait to see how he decorates! "
DeleteHopefully he put Marie's panties somewhere out of view. Not sitting out on his coffee table. =P
*dies*
DeleteSeriously, I hadn't even thought of that!
Oh noes! I stink at decorating! That house came unfurnished, and I had to guess where to put things. I show bits and pieces of it in the 'Just Punishment' chapter where he sits on his couch and gets out of bed, but yeah, most of it's hidden.
DeleteSure does Look like I'm mean to Marie with all the crap I put her though. Wait til I start screwing with Jesse. >:)
Hm, yeah, the ASSistant manager is a douche. I guess he's a bit of a womanizer, but he's mostly out for an easy lay. He thought (mistakenly) that since Bryce hired Marie then she must be like Bernadette and therefore willing. He still doesn't get that Bryce doesn't flirt with his staff.
LMAO! Well, I'll say you're right on some things, not quite right on other things, and sorry, dead wrong on others. :D hehe. Very nice run-on sentence! Those types of sentences have their place, and we're not turning this stuff in for a grade (though I can't get away from that kind of writing easily, esp when writing Erin).
Maybe someday I'll finish this response. Nothing like a septic tank emergency. Ew. I was out in the dark night looking for a little black circle that sorta stuck up out of the ground. Yeah. Looking for a black circle in the dark. no fun. And now I can't take a shower until the morning. Thank goodness for baby wipes. At least we found the damn thing. My back, arms, feet, legs, neck, head, hands, hands, fingers, hands, back and hands are going to hate me in the morning.
Okay, maybe back to something relevant!
I'm tickled you've figured out who Erin's cousin is. I've dropped hints that can be easily overlooked. Thanks for not telling. I look forward to dropping that bomb.
Jesse get Marie drunk? How dare you presume such a thing about my darling Jesse! :O
LOL how true to form that would be! I haven't written the specifics, but I have a general gist of how it will go down.
Me too! Hell yeah there's way too many chapters. In fact, I was writing earlier and the chapter got out of control again and got longer, forcing me to break it up into another chapter. Blame Bryce. He's a troublemaker.
Oh, I know mess on the floor, and she ain't anywhere near. Trust me.
Thanks for reading, gemly!!
I'm sure you decorated fine! Besides, there'll be loads of people there and they'll block things you don't want us to see.
Delete:O WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO JESSE?! >:( Get your hands off him. *hugs Jesse protectively* Do whatever it is to Simon the Ass (If I just call him Simon, I worry you'll think I mean Pam's Simon), make him homeless and he'll have to beg for food from the diner, and Bryce will go to Erins (when she finally goes home), see him begging on the street across from her house, and 'accidentally' kick him head in...
Sorry.. went a little OTT there... :|
Woo! Lol, I'll make a note of my predictions so I can see where I was right and where I wasn't. :D
And if Erin starts moaning at you about run-on sentances and prepositions, tell her to shut up. She's not real, dear...
O.O Wow... Sounds awful!! Hope it wasn't how I imagine it (raw sewage firing up into the air in fountain form), and you enjoy your shower when you get it! And, I hope your 'back, arms, feet, legs, neck, head, hands, hands, fingers, hands, back and hands' aren't too bad!
LOL! It helps if you know pre-Sunlit Tides Marie as well, I think, but nah, secrets safe with me :p
Your darling Jesse?! You're on about torturing him a few paragraphs above!! *rolls eyes*
Lol! Haha, can't wait :D
*Shakes fist* BRYYYYCE!!! Hope he doesn't cause too much trouble, and that gun stays hidden in his bedside drawer. I'm sure it will, but... Just cool it, Bryce. You troublemaker you...
Phew! But... Does that mean you're going to keep pushing her? Meanie!
I don't know. I see what others do and I feel inadequate. Oh well, I guess it's not BAD, and like you said, it'll be a little crowded. The house's rooms are relatively small.... but then again, the same can be said of Bryce's house... and Erin's. lol.
DeleteIf he wasn't my darling Jesse, then I'd leave him alone. It's not all bad, and it has a nice 'ending'... eventually. LMBO
I can't believe I named him Simon. His original name was Ed, but he doesn't strike me as an Ed.
Your little tale of Simon begging makes me think of that nursery rhyme. "First show me your penny [...] 'deed I have not any" Yeah, something like that. I actually googled it and came up with a few variations, but that's how I learned it.
Oh, but Erin is real in my head. She sounds quite a lot like my 8th and 12th grade English/Language Arts teachers when she gets like that.
I'm afraid it was probably VERY close to how you were imagining it. We were out in the yard looking for the release valve. Yeah. Release. Ew. I held aloft the lantern. (sounds almost poetic when said like that when actually I was glad the light was powerful enough for me to stand well back.) I'm mostly a mess from all the raking/sweating and not getting a chance to shower after. sucks, but I'm staying at home today. Got a guy coming out to hopefully fix it this afternoon.
One thing I didn't mention. Feet. Too many blasted sweet gum balls in all those leaves, and when you're looking for something and using your feet (through shoes) to find something, every little bump makes you think 'that's it!' when it isn't. Do you all have sweet gum trees where you live? If you don't, consider yourself lucky.
Exactly. Those that have done loads of reading like you have would know. :) and read the bonus chapter in this one come to think of it...
I'm thinking about rewriting the next chapter cuz it gets out of hand, so maybe Bryce will behave himself after all.
No, that meant that the bathroom in my house where everything backs up is a mess that I won't touch now for fear it'll just become a mess again once I've cleaned it. (closed door and open window) Once everything is fixed.. first thing I'm doing before the shower.
:D
Nobody looks at the decor at first anyway, they're too interested in the story :p I know I don't. I barely look at the pictures, I have re-read it so I can actually see the pictures, get too carried away and skip by them.
DeleteWell, I'd hope you'll give him a happy ending! You're really pushing him to breaking point. He's not as strong as Marie, y'no!
Hey, it's realistic. How often is it you find a town where everyone has a different name? I'm sure you have two friends with the same name, or at least two people you know.
Hmm, don't know that one. Googled it and found out it was called 'Simple Simon', which made it make a lot more sense :p It also said it's a popular English nursary rhyme, but I could swear I've not heard it...
Lol! Erin, just let her write!
Oh dear, that sounds awful! "I held aloft the lantern." I loled so hard at that bit. You made me look crazy. Maybe you should write a poem about your experiance? Lol.
You did mention feet, but ow. We don't have sweet gum trees. I had to google it to find out what they looked like, and those gumballs look painful! The most similar thing we have here would be conkers in the autumn (horse chestnut tree, I'm certain you have them too), but they tend to be picked up by people before the shells turn hard.
Well, it's a detail that can be overlooked if you only read the bonus chapter, because you don't know the story properly. But, hey, it's a treat for those who read both :)
Out of hand is fun! Keep the original while you re-write, and then pick which version you like better. That way, you don't lose all that hard work.
Oh, ew :( Cleaning the bathroom is awful at the best of times, hope it gets fixed soon so you can feel clean again!
Well, obviously, I miss details in pictures too. >.>
DeleteI think I learned that nursery rhyme on an kids' cartoon show because I can hear the voice as it tells it. Maybe that show called 'Between the Lions' which is a puppet-type show where a bunch of lions run a library. It's got wonderful humor to it. namely: *sings* 'cliffhanger! hanging from a cliff! That's why he's called cliffhanger!' *speaks* 'can't.. hold... on.. much... longer!' hehe
Yeah, I was at the tail-end of a bout of the sillies when I wrote the end of that. That was after beating the ground with a stick because I no longer trusted my rake. So, I sang while I beat the ground with a stick, dragging leaves and junk we never worry about that far away from the house. I'm so glad my neighbors are family and know I'm nuts anyway.
Yeah, those sweet gum balls can hurt in summer with bare feet as you try to get from the pool to the house so you can 'go'. This time of year, they've dulled and stuck hard the ground so that they're a pain with a lawnmower because they dig in with those barbs.... to plant MORE sweetgum trees to make MORE sweetgum balls. yeah. One year, my aunt went crazy and ordered her husband out into the yard with a chainsaw to destroy the things because she loves her yardwork and hates those blasted things. It was funny almost.
I got the out-of-hand back in hand and actually tied the picnic in so yay!
Would you believe my HUSBAND cleaned the bathroom while I attended a meeting last night?! :O wow.
LOL! Er... Yeah, we don't have that show here...
DeleteLOL! Haha, glad you know your neighbors then!! We don't rake our leaves. We don't even have a rake. But we don't have a very big garden anyway, so it's not a problem.
Wow, so they're like the rats of trees? I can see how it'd be a pain to have all those balls on your lawn though.
Woo! Glad Adele hasn't had to sacrifice her picnics yet.
What?! No. I don't believe you. Sorry. Lol :p Lucky you!
hahahaha! Yeah, I realize that, hence the explanation.
DeleteI don't rake either.. hence the mess. The important, used, part of our yard has slow-growing grass and not much 'shedding' on it.
Ugh! yes. Those things... the only good thing about them is that they're hardwood and they smell nice in a fire.. where the 'sweet' part comes in.
Might not be that great of a picnic, however...
Why?! What are you doing? Can't they have one day? Just. One. Day!
DeleteOh, right... The Simon/Marie thing. Ok, go ahead ;)
LOL @ Jesse trying to come up with ways to ask Marie to the party. Who would have guessed she'd leave him so unsure of himself and his skills!
ReplyDeleteSimon is a jerk! Hasn't he ever heard of 'sexual harassment in the workplace'? I'm glad Jesse got there when he did. But then again Marie seems very capable of fighting her own battles.
Bryce will not be pleased when he hears about this. Simon better start looking for another job, pronto!
I am very curious about the party!
Marie is making Jesse rethink his gameplan. He's gotten spoiled in just begging to get what he wants. I mean, who can resist that little grin? "Please?" gah! I guess Marie can. I sure couldn't.
DeleteSimon is a class act sh-thead. Oh, he's heard of it, and he's working on his take on the story of what just happened.
Yeah, Marie can fight her own battles for the most part... unless she loses her confidence. Then it's like kryptonite to Superman. It irritates her that Jesse has now seen two of those instances in the short time she's known everyone.
I do not envy Bryce at the moment. He has to make a decision.
I'm going to love love luv writing that party. Shooting for it will be a major pain in the ass, but yeah. I'm preaching to the choir lol.
Thanks for reading, Valpre!
SO Marie is getting to see another side of Jesse! I like that- "this isn't flirty Jesse, this is business Jesse". I think this was a great way to open up Marie's conception of Jesse. Loved it! Hope she attends the party & lets herself get to know him better-
ReplyDeleteI am SO GLAD you pointed that part out. I ran through a couple different ways to say that 'til finally it just sorta happened. And it's so him. :D It's true that he has his work cut out for him in trying to get that crazy first impression of him out of her head, Bernadette's 'womanizer' remarks to her adding to that. Jesse's really sweet, even if his flirting can get a little (or a lot) crazy. She needs to see him in his 'home' environment.
DeleteWho knows what tomorrow brings? She might attend. I don't know how she'll feel about the swimsuit dress code though... hehe.
Thanks for reading, Diane!
Simon needs to be knocked out. How dare he hit on an employee just because he thought that's what she wanted grrrr.
ReplyDeleteJesse really likes Marie but I think she is in denial. However I think by leaving with him she is starting to see a different side to him now.
I know, right?! Marie should've decked him, but in that personal a situation, she looses focus. That drives her nuts.
DeleteSimon was very clearly mistaken thinking Marie wanted that, or even would accept that.
Marie might be in denial. (Queen of Denial LOL) Jesse's attraction is getting to be more than physical, goo-goo eyes and everything. :) Exactly, Marie is beginning to realize Jesse is more than she originally thought.
Thanks for reading, Lucky!
I knew Jesse wasn't all about having a harem.
ReplyDeleteGood for him that he succeed with Erin. I think that Marie is a good match for him, and he for her.
LOL. He didn't mind screwing around, but he's had enough of it.
DeleteI think so too. ;)
Simon has some nerve. I can see him not having his job for too much longer, thank God Captain Jess came to Marie's rescue :)
ReplyDeleteIf Jesse has his way, Simon won't have it for much longer. Yes, he showed up at just the right time once more. :)
DeleteWell, Christ, Simon doesn't waste time, does he oO What a dick, but it was really nice to see Jesse like this, with no jokes attached, just wanting to protect a friend. It's such a different side to him, it's nice that we got to see it.
ReplyDeleteSimon's a slimy little bastard who's used to getting that.
DeleteI loved writing this bit with Jesse, loved showing that side of Jesse's character.
Look at Jesse resorting to begging a friend to beg a girl. lol. Poor guy. I bet that is totally out of his typical wheelhouse. Still, he needs to cool his jets. Playing it cool worked way better for him.
ReplyDelete*sigh. Some girls are just magnets for it. Some guys seem to think they can get away with anything because it worked once before.
Here's hoping Simon gets to take a much longer, permanent, vacation this time. :/
Jesse has loads of tricks up his sleeve. He doesn't mind getting one of his gal friends to play wingman for him, even if he doesn't do that a lot.
DeletePlaying it cool worked so much better! But patience during a chase is not a strong suit for him.
'Worked once before.' /grins. Intuitive assumption there. Yes, he simply thinks he can get away with it.
This doesn't end any time soon.