Saturday, April 20, 2013

46: Convincing





Jesse

 

      Erin looks uncomfortable. I don't want to be the one to tell her this, but this actually makes her a better target for that fucker.
      The second I walk up on the boards, I can tell a subtle difference in the way Marie acts. It's like she knows I'm here without looking. The thought makes me smile in spite of the fact that I want to beat Simon's face to a pulp. He's mixing Erin a drink. Perfect.
       I walk over and lean back against the railing to watch Marie, knowing that she has to come over and take my order eventually. I still harbor a weak hope that I can get her to come over tomorrow.

     I have to work three times harder than normal to keep from laughing my head off when Bryce arrives and immediately goes into 'jealous-boyfriend' mode. Oh Erin, this is just perfect! I think as, on some tiny level, I feel a little bad for doing this to Bryce. Still, the shoe needed to be on the other foot in order for him to be able to realize that it was wrong to accuse me of sheer jealousy when I saw Marie in someone else's arms. If Marie had wanted that attention, then I couldn't do anything about it, but she didn't want it. And that makes all the difference.
     Oh, I don't expect Bryce to fire him on the spot, not after what I saw today, but I just want Bryce to see Simon in a new light. Maybe then he'll begin to see that he's got to go.
     Marie has still not come over to ask me what I want to drink. I wonder how long she plans on ignoring me.
     Not much longer, actually, I notice, when I see her sigh and walk over to me. She never carries around a notepad. I admire her amazing ability to remember everything in an order.

     "What do you want tonight, Jesse?" she asks resolutely, looking incredibly tense. 
     Normally, I'd have a lot of fun with this type of a question, but I don't think now is the time for that type of flirting.
     "I just want to know if you're okay," I say. "Are you?"
     "I'm fine," she says automatically and a little too fast.
     She needs to quit, I think as I stand here and watch her.
      "Jesse," she says in exasperation, "either make an order or let me get back to work."
      I look around at the happy bar patrons. "Looks to me like everyone's fine." She turns around to look and see that I'm right. Of course I am. If anyone else needed anything, she wouldn't be over here talking to me. "Well, except one person," I point out. Who's in complete and utter denial about how upset she is.
     "Who, Bryce?" she asks, I guess realizing she might've gone over to ask Bryce if he wanted anything when he showed up.
      "You."
      "I told you; I'm fine," she reiterates, and I decide to drop directly asking her how she is for now.
      "Has he tried anything else?" I ask and watch her expression closely for any hint of that shithead bothering her again.
      "No," she says defensively.
      "Marie, you aren't doing anything wrong by admitting how uncomfortable you were earlier. You can't keep working in this environment."

     I keep talking, "It scares the crap out of me."
     Simon leaves Bryce and Erin to head back to the now very-crowded bar. I guess flirting with Erin distracted him from doing his job.
     Marie stands there and actually looks worried for me. The irony of that isn't lost on me... only it's not funny. I almost wish she'd not look at me like that because it makes me want to grab her face in my hands and kiss away the worry. That's not something she needs right now, and I have to repeatedly remind myself of that.
      "I can take care of myself, Jesse. You don't have to be scared for me," she says as quietly as she can and still have the words reach me. They reach me a little better than usual due to a lull in the music.
       I love how she says my name.
      Simon looks like he's playing catch-up with all the drink demands he gets. I see him shoot Marie angry glances every once in a while, and I decide not to point this out to her. I want to piss him off.

    So, since most of the remaining customers all gang up on Simon at the bar, I stand here and talk to Marie for several minutes about whatever topic interests her. I learn all about her little brothers and how one is an artist and the other is big into sports like she was as a kid. Surprisingly, she talks about the artist brother much more affectionately than the younger one. I wonder why.
     "I always wondered what it would've been like to have siblings," I say.
     She smiles and laughs a little, also rolling her eyes before she says, "It's okay as long as you're not the constant babysitter because of your mother's drama."
     Just as I ask her to elaborate to keep her talking, Simon walks up behind her and interrupts us.

      He gets her attention, and she turns around. "What the hell, Marie? You abandon me at the bar where I have to fill everyone's orders while you stand over here and flirt?"
     I watch as her profile looks upset when she looks around the bar. "I didn't see any customers in the bar seating that needed help. I don't know what to do when they're up at the bar."
     "You could've at least come up and taken their orders so that they weren't all standing around staring at me, wondering why I wasn't fixing their order first. This isn't social hour."
      I can almost see his point if it weren't for him doing the exact same thing with Erin earlier. 
      I also can't help but snort as I think If only Marie was flirting with me...

      "I'm sorry. You're right. I could've come up and done that," she says with her head bowed.
      "Right," he says. "You're not paid to flirt."
      I can't stand it. "Neither are you," I say darkly.
      His beady eyes snap over to me as he hisses, "Just what the hell are you talking about?"
      "With Erin earlier," I explain.
      "I was entertaining a new customer as far as I knew," he retaliates.
      "Well, Marie was entertaining this customer," I snap, pointing to myself. I have never liked this guy, and I used to avoid coming here when I knew he was working. Today, he's pushed that 'not liked' to loathing.
      "Bullshit, Jesse. I'm not an idiot."
      I walk around Marie and get right in the little shit's face. He takes a step back.

     "Really?!" I ask, incredulous. "You sure could've fooled me! So, it's okay for you to go off and focus on just one customer when it suits your purpose, but to have Marie do the same thing is against the rules?" Everything that happened today has started to pile up, and I know I'm losing it. I don't care though.
     "You weren't even ordering anything as far as I can tell, so I can only assume you're trying to pick her up. She needs to be reminded to get back to work. Haven't you interfered enough today?"
      I feel my temper get the better of me. "Interfered?! Interfered?!!! It's lucky for her that I showed up when I did with your greasy hands all over her!" I'm about two seconds from punching him.
     Then the sonofabitch smiles and asks, "Jealous?"
     Out of nowhere, Marie reaches up and blocks my punch. I'd been aiming right for his stupid grin. "No, Jesse," she pleads as Simon skips away.

    "What's going on?" Bryce asks from behind me. I wonder how long he'd been standing there as I step aside since he appears to ask Simon the question and not me.
     "Just Jesse distracting Marie from doing her job," Simon answers.
     Bryce scowls and stays quiet for a few seconds. "Simon, I've been debating the idea of reorganizing the business, and I'm afraid you have no place in it. Not with your behavior."
     "You're firing me because I made pass at your friend's crush?"
     "For your unprofessional attitude and actions," Bryce answers.
     "You've gotta be shitting me!" Simon looks at Bryce like he's waiting for him to say he's joking. When he sees he's not, he gets mad.

     "I've worked for you for three years! You start acting different, and then I come back from vacation and you're some stranger. You never cared about anything that went on with Bernadette." Simon snarls. What?!
     "Excuse me?" Bryce asks, his eyebrows raised. "What are you talking about?"

     "I thought she told you."
     "Get off my property, Simon," Bryce states with deadly calm.
     No wonder Bernadette quit.

    Bryce turns to Marie while I stare a hole into the scumbag, wondering why he hasn't left yet. "Marie, I'm truly sorry I didn't do something like this earlier today, and I hope you continue to work for me." I feel that was a little formal, but sometimes that's what's needed, I guess.
     Simon's beady little eyes go back and forth between Marie and Bryce.
     Marie nods silently, and Bryce thanks her.

     Simon walks off, mumbling about how he's going to see Bryce in court. Bryce merely laughs and tells him, "Good luck finding someone better than Desmond to represent you."
      I laugh a little too, realizing that Desmond is good for something besides laughing at after all.
      Then, Bryce looks up at Marie and says he'll help her close up as soon as they don't have any more customers or closing time, whichever comes first. I can feel the relief radiating off Marie as Erin and I help the two of them clean things up.

     Not much time goes by before the bar empties of everyone but the four of us, and I somehow magically convince Marie to let me walk her home again.


     Just before reaching the edge of her building, I gently pull her out towards the beach. She hesitates a little with a confused expression as she lets me lead her, holding her hand.

    Just before we reach the sand, she pulls a little harder on my hand, pulling hers free. I decide this is far enough and turn to face her.
    "What is it?" she asks me in a wary voice.
    "Now that all that crap is over, I'm going back to my original plan and begging you to come to my party tomorrow night. I'll even come and pick you up beforehand so you don't have to walk or call a cab," I plead.
     "Jesse..." she lets her voice trail off in an exasperated way. She's frequently exasperated around me I've noticed. "Why?" she asks.
     "Because I want you to," I answer simply. "It's not like we'll be the only ones there. Everyone, well, except Bryce and I don't know about Erin, will be there. You don't even have to talk to me if you don't want to," I add at the end.
     "Right," she says, not believing me for a second.

    I can't help but quietly laugh now, and again, I notice more tension leave Marie from the way her posture changes. "Okay, well, yeah I guess that's getting a bit ridiculous." I laugh again before I get a little more serious. "I really want you to come, please?" When I don't get an outright no, I keep trying. "Please, please, please, please, please?" The adorable begging: I hope it works.

    She does another one of those sighs and closes her eyes.
    "You don't have anything else planned, do you? Why not come over and meet the group?"
    "I suppose I can," she breathes, and I work hard to keep from jumping up and down.
    Yes!
     "Thank you," I grin, and she finally opens her eyes.
     "You don't need to come pick me up; I can make my way over there myself. You live behind Bryce I'm guessing?"
      Observant. "Yes," I answer. "Are you sure you don't need me to? I mean, it's no bother at all."
      "No, that's not necessary. What time?"
      As soon as you can get there is when the party really starts. "Around seven. Pretty much any time around then. If you want to show up early you can. I mean, I'm off tomorrow too." On purpose. "Maybe we could go do something before the party?" I hold my breath. You're pushing your luck, Jesse.

    "No, I have things I need to get done."
    "Well, you don't have a car. I could just play chauffeur. You know, if you need to go to the grocery store or something."
    "Laundry," she explains in a one-word sentence.
    "Oh," I answer lamely. Then I get a little playful. "I could come help with that. I'm very good at folding towels."
     "Jesse..." she growls in warning, and I can't contain the laughter anymore. "And I can walk to the store," she says.
    Seeing a few openings, I take them. "But what if it rains? And the walk home is a bear with all those bags."
     "I'm sure I'll be fine."
     "If you change your mind, you'll give me a call, right?" I ask, grinning and hoping for what she might say next.
     "How can I do that when I don't have your phone number?" she asks.
      Oh this is too easy. "Are you asking for my phone number, Marie? Sure, I'll give it to you. Hand me your phone, and I'll input it myself." I bite the inside of my mouth to keep from laughing again as I watch her glare at me.
      "Walked right into that one, didn't I?"
      I'm so glad she doesn't look pissed, more resigned. There's a small glimmer of hope.
      "I'm afraid you did," I answer with a grin and obstinately hold out my hand for her phone. I text myself immediately after she gives it to me: Marie's phone number
      "What did you just do?!" she asks in a shocked voice when she hears my phone buzz in my pocket.
      "Well," I quickly explain while turning and keeping her from getting her phone back, "how else am I going to know it's you?" I go into her address book to put myself in and list myself in her favorites.
      "May I have my phone back please before you reprogram the whole thing?" she asks, trying and failing to show how she can't help but think this is funny.
     I grin. "Geez, no need to get your panties in a wad. It was you that asked for my phone number after all. I was just saving you the trouble of having to put it in yourself," I say teasingly, thinking of where her panties lay hidden in my room. I grin as I hand her back her phone.

    "All kidding aside-"
    "You know how to be serious?" she asks facetiously, interrupting.
    "- you'll call me if you need anything?" My mouth drops in mock shock as I take in what she said. "What do you mean by that? Of course I can be serious!" I pretend to act wounded. I can be very serious if you'd just let me. I say a little quieter, "For instance, I'm seriously happy you're coming to my party tomorrow." I take a step closer to her. We get quiet, and I wonder if she'll let me kiss her again. Maybe?

......

    "Jesse, if you try to kiss me, you'll wind up in a painful ball in the dirt," she says evenly and with a slight amount of warning in her voice.
    "What if I'm willing to take the risk?" I ask seductively.
    "They're your balls after all," she brazenly points out.
    I pause for a second before have to take a step back because I double over in laughter.
    "Shh!" she urges. "People are trying to sleep!" After a short pause, she adds, "And I need to be one of them."
    I decide I've pressed my luck enough tonight, probably even gone too far considering the day she's had, so I don't ask her if I can join her. Instead, I tell her goodnight, making sure to in no way make it look like I'm going to kiss her, and head back to the bar to Martha. Before I get there, I get a text:

thank you for your help today

46 comments:

  1. Awwww... Jesse and Marie! I love their little flirtatious behavior. Jesse especially, I've always been a fan of his from the beginning. Yay Bryce! You fired the douchebag! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, I'm glad you've been a fan of his from the beginning. I started out on the wrong foot with him being the jealous best friend when he's really a sweet guy. and flirtatious. and funny-but-not-as-funny-as-he-thinks-he-is.
      Yep, Bryce finally succumbed to Erin and Jesse and fired the little rat. Douchebag. That's one that Jesse didn't think up, and I was working at him calling him every name in the book. :)

      Delete
    2. LOL. Douchebag, turd-muffin, dickweed, shithead, fuck-tard, mother fucker... Sorry I swear like a sailor. :D

      Delete
    3. @ lateknightsimmer d'u think?? lol

      Delete
    4. @Karleen yup, I do. LMAO.
      @mypalsim: I just saw this, LMAO that you took notes. :) I'm flattered you think my potty mouth is worth taking notes. :)

      Delete
  2. ARGHIJ)(*(WE(UWE)(EIW&%R&%$%^&*)(&^%$£$^(*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My comment ran away :'(
    *takes deeeeeep breaths*

    I hope you didn't have a late night because of me! :|

    LOVE Jesse's POV. Hes's hilarious! And I love how you can see last chapter going on in the background :)
    Made me laugh so much when he kept going 'normally, I'd flirt at this point...' I kept hearing his lines in my head and had to stop reading at some points because they were SO cheesy!

    I liked the little bit about Marie's brothers! I wonder if Jesse will ever find out why she prefers X-man to Ben (at this point, I really embarrassingly forgot Ben's name, and sat here for at least 5 minutes trying to think of it :| I refused to look it up). And will he ever find out about her mothers drama? *That* is a story the phrase 'it's a long story' was invented for!

    HOW DARE SIMON TALK TO MARIE!?
    Ok, sure, he is (was, hehe) her assistant manager, so he has(had) every right to tell her what to do, but he has some balls to walk up to her, tell her off about something he does constantly (I imagine), right infront of Jesse! I'm guessing he was hoping to start a fight, and get Jesse kicked out, possibly ruin Bryce and Jesse's friendship too. What a dick.
    Marie should have let him punch him. Sure, it would have just made Bryce's firing him a bit harder, because you shouldn't really fire someone who's just been assulted... But I want Jesse to hit him. Maybe Simon is waiting outside his house to finish what he started? (O.O holyshit. I only just thought of that... I have a feeling not, because the next chapters title implies happy Jesse and Marie)

    When I saw Bryce appear in shot, and "What's going on?" I was like "FIRE HIM!" Lol, almost literally jumping around in my seat ;) Good boy, Bryce :)
    And then his cute little face when he apologizes to Marie. AWWWW! Who couldn't forgive that little face? I really just wanted to pinch his cheeks! Lol

    And that ending, wow. Jesse, you're so smooth. LOL! The whole managing to get her to ask for his number was brilliant. And Marie saying she had to do laundry, and Jesse mentioning panties... I just died.
    I kept thinking she was going to bring it up, or realise that he has her underwear, but she obviously had too much else on her mind.
    I had to take a breather after he said about the panties, to the point where I didn't even read that he was thinking about them until a lot later.
    And he kept begging her to see him in the day! He doesn't mind seeming desperate, does he? :p
    Awww, love them. Can't wait til the party now! :D

    Oh, and I want to know what Jesse put himself as him her phone! Did he just put Jesse, or did he put something funny?

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when that happens! That's one of the reasons I almost never respond to comments or comment on my tablet ... they're too easily lost.

      Nah, hubs was out of town, so I stayed up. I actually stayed up until about 2:30am watching old movies for CLJS inspiration and to just watch them. I'm such a night owl and he's so ... not. Plus, no school in the morning, yada yada yada.

      I adore writing his point of view. I get to put in all the silly crap I'm thinking as I write.
      It helped to have written this one and the previous one together.
      Cheesy lines? He'd prefer funny. Yeah, okay, so some are cheesy. It's all part of the 'adorable idiot' thing that almost isn't an act. :)

      Do not, I repeat, so NOT feel bad about forgetting a name. I'm notoriously bad for that. I really should write names down. (esp for Summerdream hehe)
      He's curious, yes, about her life, but also at that moment he had an ulterior motive to just keep her talking. He'll probably ask about Ben eventually since Marie had issues with Greg (his dad).

      Simon really could've handled the bar getting crowded. He'd been doing the bartending thing for ages now. He really was just pissed at Marie for talking with Jesse. He was a little worried (and rightly so) that Jesse was trying to convince Marie to cry sexual harassment. Plus, for a little bit, he wanted to just back off from Marie for a long while and slowly gain her trust before, more subtly, attempting something again. Uh, that sounds eerily familiar since Jesse himself is doing a version of that.
      *clears throat*
      Simon Does do that a lot, going off and flirting when things slow down for a minute. Hell, Bryce did too.
      He did want to make a point of telling her off right in front of Jesse as sort of a way to flaunt some power. (that's the best way I can think to say that) Obviously, Jesse is a rival for Marie (not that he has a chance at the present moment, but still), and he wanted to put it right in Jesse's face that he'll be spending plenty of time (or so he thought) with her as a co-worker.
      too many distractions around me. I hope I got out the point I was trying to make.
      He wasn't trying to get Jesse kicked out. He wanted to get in the way of Jesse flirting with her though. He actually has no idea that Bryce and Jesse are mad at one another. (or they were)
      Hehe, yeah it would've been sweet for him to punch him. However, with Marie standing there and her hatred of fighting, I had her block it. Bryce came up and injured Simon's pride, although a bleeding lip to go with wouldn't have been awful. >:) Still, Marie wouldn't allow that if she could at all stop it.
      Simon is too much of a rat to wait for Jesse outside his house. He Knows Jesse could kick his ass if given the chance. So, the rat is crawling back into his sewer to hide and lick his wounds, coming up with a plan.

      LOL what bothers me about that scene is/are (?) that it's predictable (although I'd like to think you never know with me) and belated. He should've done that earlier today, and he screwed up by not doing it.
      OMGosh I nearly kissed my monitor when Bryce made that face. Sure, I took pics first for this one, but that was JUST the expression I was hoping for and he randomly looked at Marie while he did it!!!! EEEEEEE!!!!!
      Jesse didn't cooperate as nicely as the others. He looks so wooden/stoned/dazed in those shots. :P on you, Jesse.

      Delete
    2. Are you saying for real smooth or facetious smooth?
      This is another reason I love writing Jesse. That conversation just happened as I was typing it up. I love, adore it when that happens! I'd planned on him getting her phone number somehow, but I wasn't sure how it would come about.
      Well, Marie had mentioned needing to wash all her towels. LOL. Yeah, laundry. I couldn't resist all the subtleties.
      Yeah, she had a lot on her mind. She's given those clothes up for ruined. They're nice and neatly folded (sans panties) and in a dried-out bag. :)
      I have reservations with the word 'panties'. For some reason, it almost sounds vulgar to me. It doesn't to Jesse, though, so I use the word. To me, it's like underwear for little girls and putting the word panties on a grown woman is just wrong. I know that's not the common thing tho, and I'm getting over it.
      He's NOT desperate! *pats Jesse's head affectionately* hehe. He's, um, persistent and slightly obnoxious. Since he's decided to stop trying to leave her alone, he hopes to do something along the lines of bombarding her with attention until that wall finally breaks. (makes me think of cannons and medieval castles haha)

      I'd started up the party in-game (not going to attempt to write that and then orchestrate that chaos!) but then my game crashed while fixing everyone's hair, makeup, swimsuits, etc. gah!

      He put himself in as Jesse. He was too busy playing keep-away to come up with something more entertaining.

      (`)>

      Delete
    3. Lol, phew! :p
      I'm a night owl, but I'm also a morning person. I don't sleep much haha

      Cheesy lines are funny! Haha, the whole point of them is to make the reciever laugh and relax.
      Oh God, yes. There are so many characters in Summerdream, I have to remember them by hair colour, tattoos or other features like that. I get so lost on the family trees though, who's whose kid etc. Oh well :p
      I'd love to see Jesse's reaction to her life story. Will he be able to get his head around all that if she tells him all at once? lol

      Well, Jesse *is* doing a version of what Simon was planning to do, but he didn't sexually harrass her the first time he met her, so I think we know who would win if they both tried it...
      Yeah, you got the point across fine :)
      Yeah, as nice as it would have been to see Jesse punch Simon, it would ruin Jesse's chances with Marie in the near future, making the party a bit of a disappointment.
      Ah, so we will see ratty Simon again at some point? Well, Jesse can hit him then, can't he ;)

      Tut tut, Jesse, what had you been doing? You know you can't do things like that before a photoshoot.
      I didn't mind that it was predictable. Like I said, jumping around in my seat ;) Plus, it could have gone either way, really. Bryce could have just told everyone to get back to work and stop making a fuss.

      For real smooth. Loved it.
      Well, we just call them 'pants' here, because what you call pants we call 'trousers', and panties are for little girls. lol, I dunno, 'underpants' doesn't sound as attractive, makes it sound like Jesse stole a pair of her grandmothers bloomers or something, lol! So, panties fits.

      Sorry Jesse! I know he's not actually desperate, but if you see it from Marie's side, he looks it.
      Lol, cannons and medieval castles! :p Calling Marie old, are we? ;)

      Aw :( My game hates CAS too, so I know your pain. Good luck getting it done, I end up saving after each sim, and a save takes at least 10 minutes. So if I was to set up a party on that scale, I'd be there all day!
      Good luck! :)

      Delete
    4. I could sleep 'til noon and still be crabby when I get up hehe.

      Well, Jesse isn't anywhere near done with his cheesy lines (tho don't tell him you think they're cheesy, even good cheesy. It might hurt his feelings. Oh, who am I kidding? He'd laugh his head off!)
      For some reason, the dragons confuse me the most.
      Her life story would make his head spin. It bugs me she had an unnaturally-long teenage time, but oh well.

      Yeah, he didn't harass her, he just flirted heavily. He wrapped his arms around her and subtly (or not) let her know he was Very interested. He was feeling goofy, and he probably should've tested the waters a little more before attempting that. hehe.
      Yeah, maybe later Jesse can finally beat Simon to a pulp. :D

      LMAO it took me a few seconds to get what you meant.
      *looks at the pretty colors... so many colors! Everything is so green!*
      True that. He could've told Jesse to back off and let his employees get back to work, but Erin had been making him see things differently.
      ("like he'd do anything for her...")

      Hm, that could be true. Oh well, at least she mostly sees the adorable idiot, and she's such a sucker for that. (Dawson, lol)
      Maybe I'm the old one since it made me think of that hehe.

      Yeah, I know. :( I try to save after every three sims. I let it get to five, and boom! crash.
      thanks!

      Delete
    5. LOL! :D I'd love you to tell Jesse I think his lines are cheesy then ;)
      I agree! I think it's because there's so many of them, and they're all hot macho men (oh God, why did I say that?!).
      I don't think Marie had an unnaturally long teenage years! Compared to the time here, it whizzed by! Lol, but seriously, it was action packed, so any shorter it would have been too busy!

      I'd totally forgotton about the whole 'do anything for her/you' conversation :| Maybe because they interrupted it. It makes sense now, but surely he didn't fire him just because of Erin?

      I save after every sim. Takes sssooooo long aging up triplets for my legacy. Save, age, save, CAS, save, age, save, CAS, save, age, save, CAS, save. I dread birthdays for mulitples, really. But I can't put it off forever!
      Hope you've made some more progress by now?
      Eeeee :D Next chapter tomorrow! Will be counting down the minutes until I finish work, rush home and turn the laptop on ;)

      Delete
    6. LOL don't start with the 'macho man' stuff! You'll do nothing but get that crazy song in my head!
      too late -.-

      Well, when you think about it, she was a teen when Xavier was born, toddler, child, and only aged to adult when I aged everyone up one, X-man going to teen because that would've been WAY too weird to have them both as teens. In that 'hood, I set it to epic. NOBODY ages without my say-so!

      We'll find out Bryce's reasons after a while.

      whoa. I think I'd go mad. I did save today after CASing the twins (who got to teen much much much too fast) in my legacy.

      Nope, no progress on the party. Since I'm ahead in this one, I've been busting my butt on CLJS and occasionally going in to get stuff for the vampire one. Today I just played the Robleses. :)

      Hehe, well I hope it doesn't disappoint. Honestly, it's one of my most favorite things I've ever written so far. :)

      Delete
  3. I just about spit my coffee all over the monitor when Jesse said 'panties'. And also where he offered to help with her laundry. Because he's good at it. =D
    I love Jesse's POV, too, it's fun being in his head. He really is a big teddy bear, sweet, adorable and kind of goofy.
    It's so great Bryce finally dumped Simon.
    And Marie's text at the end, that was sweet. I know she still hasn't come around entirely, but Jesse has managed to show that he does care about her, not just her panties, lol.
    I'm all excited about Jesse's party, I want them to get together so bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO!!!! I loved how that conversation just happened as I was typing it up. I couldn't resist all the hidden meanings/subtleties/undercurrents (there's another word I can't remember that I'm really wanting to use) about the laundry and the panties and the towels, etc.

      I could just write and write and write while inside that man's head. He's so much easier than Bryce because he handles his problems in different ways... by laughing at them almost. He IS like a teddy bear. I'm beginning to see some similarities (not all of the character) between him and my husband. interesting, and I don't know if I like that.

      Yeah, 'bout damn time. He should've done it earlier today, and he finally realizes this.

      I LOVED that ending! Obviously, if you've looked at the next chapter's title, you can guess what happens. ;)
      LOL I still can't wait to write that scene when Marie realizes her panties are missing. You know it's gonna happen so I don't feel like I'm spoiling anything. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!

      I want them together too, but damn, Marie is so stubborn!
      :)

      Delete
    2. SUBLIMINAL!
      there. I remembered it.

      Delete
  4. WHoa! Jesse was really starting to lose it there, for a second I was scared for Simon, things got pretty tense and heated between them over something that Bryce could have addressed when it came up.

    Speaking of Bryce I'm glad he intervened when he did, before Jesse ended up in jail and Simon six feet under.

    Yay, she said yes to the party! I'm eager to see where their flirtation goes and excited for the party, it looks like everyone is all paired up now, at least Jesse won't have to be the odd one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was losing it, he knew he was losing it, and he didn't care. That's saying a lot from someone who's really just wanting to laugh at everything. He could've easily kicked Simon's ass, and Simon knows it. And yes, it could've all been avoided if Bryce had been doing his job properly. He's learned a lesson today, and hopefully it won't come back to bite him in the ass later.

      LOL!!!!! Jesse was just about mad enough to beat him to death. Bryce has broken up a lot of fights in his days tho, and I bet Marie would've been a big help too. If for nothing else, to calm Jesse down.

      *claps hands* I haven't shot the party scene yet due to ANOTHER game crash courtesy of CAS again (processor problem I think). I will NOT try to write it first and then try to control the madness of that party LOL. Still, I know the end result, but getting there could happen so many different ways.

      Belinda isn't paired up.... :D

      Delete
  5. That was great. I'm glad Bryce finally did something about Simon. He was doing the exact thing that Marie was and only got pissy because Bryce showed up, and he wanted to get in Marie's pants.

    He does sadly have a point. This couldn't have been the first time he acted like that and Bryce turned a blind eye to it. Now that he has Erin, he's acting different and it could cause a problem.

    Jesse and Marie are cute. She has some things to work through and she is very guarded for good reasons. He's gonna have to work to get through to her but it will be worth it in the end if he can hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Yes, it was a little late, but Bryce got rid of him. Exactly! Simon got pissy because he sees Jesse as a rival now. Simon still had this crazy idea that he'd back off a lot from Marie and slowly get her to warm up to him before trying something. That's eerily familiar to what Jesse's doing, only Jesse's intentions are better.

      Indeed he does. Bryce would turn a blind eye when Simon did crap like that before. Bryce really didn't know about Bernadette, and now he's scared of what she could do to him. Also, Bryce himself would do things similar to all the stuff Simon would do, only never with an employee and he would never make that drink unless the drinker knew what it was and did.

      Jesse and Marie could very well take over the story at this point. I'm almost struggling to keep enough focus on Erin, but I tell myself I'll get back to her and Bryce soon enough.
      Jesse does have his work cut out for him... more than he even realizes at the moment.

      Delete
  6. hahaha he still has her panties ok..I am glad Simon got fired but hope he doesn't find a way to make them all miserable. I can't wait to see Jesse and Marie's little romance play out. I am wondering when wedding bells will be heard for Erin and Bryce...this is such a great story and I can't wait to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes'm he does! The jewel of his collection. *dies laughing*
      *resurrects self using self-resurrection scroll* (too many MMOs)

      Simon is a rat. A dirty rat. I loved putting in the beady eyes things and had to work not to overdo it. Right now, he's crawled back into his hole and is licking his wounds, coming up with a plan. ugh.

      Jesse has a long road ahead of him, but he doesn't give up easily.

      O.O have you been talking to Bryce?

      Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Loved this chapter! I just wanted to hug and kiss Jesse, and then maybe hump his leg a little.

    If I were Jesse I don't think I'd feel bad at all about orchestrating that situation with Erin and Simon, because Bryce really did need to have the shoe on the other foot. Not only to show it was wrong of Bryce to assume Jesse's jealousy was the only factor in that situation, but for him to see some of Simon's slimy behavior for himself. And Simon really is slimy, ugh. I'm so glad Bryce finally fired him. I could hump his leg a little for that, too. Simon outing himself about Bernadette was just the cherry on top of it all. Bryce had to realize it really wasn't a random occurrence misunderstood by Marie, but something that he could be losing employees over. Simon's nuts if he thinks he has grounds for a lawsuit.

    Jesse's puppydog act on the beach to Marie was just too cute. I was really hoping he would kiss her again, but then again, he was pushing just a little too hard after she finally agreed to come to his party. I almost choked when he said not to get her panties in a wad, and I'm wondering too where exactly in his room her panties are hidden. Under his pillow? lol.

    Now that he's gained an inch with Marie, will he go for the mile? Given her resistance, maybe he should play it cool at the party--at least for the most part--give her time to come around a little more on her own. Hopefully Erin can be there, as Marie seems somewhat comfortable around her.

    Ok, back to work! I wanna see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a blast to write, especially the ending.

      After reading this comment, I wonder if maybe you need a bedpost or a pole or something.... LOL Although... I doubt Jesse or the old Bryce would mind.

      Well good. Even if he did feel a tiny bit bad about it, he'd do it again if needed. Bryce needed a little eye-opener, and seeing Simon flirting (or almost) with Erin did it. It irks Bryce that Jesse's plan worked to some extent. I mean, he Knew Simon was a slimy little bastard. He called him that himself. Why couldn't he just get over himself for a minute and see that all that wasn't just Jesse getting jealous. Well, now Bryce has made an attempt to fix it, but since the thing about Bernadette has come out, he's afraid that she might do something. I need to look up statute of limitations stuff. I mean, the island has its own laws, but I need to decide what they Are since well, I have a lawyer character. This could get way too damn complicated LOL.
      Still, yes, Simon outing himself was icing on the cake.
      Bryce isn't worried about Simon. He knows that anything he could Try to come up with Desmond could Easily counteract. Simon just needs to slink away to his sewer with all the other rats.

      I thought about making the beach scene pics brighter, but then I changed my mind and decided I liked it dark.
      That puppydog act was almost not an act. A light persistence, I guess you could say. Yeah, it could've been heavier.
      And Marie is a total sucker for the adorable idiot. Dawson definitely fit that bill (most recent ex bf/bff for her). I pity her when Jesse realizes just how much everything he does affects her after she's been so good at hiding it.
      I did that 'kiss under the stars' setup because of something I think Valpre said when he'd walked her home that first time. I could've had that conversation happen anywhere, but under the stars made it a hell of a lot more romantic. :) Made sure there were stars.
      I'm so glad you caught the subtle/subliminal panties/laundry/towels stuff! His mind was racing along (very un-idiot-like) with all the things he said and their hidden meanings.
      Under the pillow is too obvious, but that's not saying he couldn't get them out and sleep with them should he feel so inclined.
      I haven't actually decided where they are other than in his room.

      He's gonna keep on trying since he sees he's making a little headway. That sounds like a good idea, playing it cool at the party. I wonder if he'll be able to control himself.
      Marie Does feel more comfortable around Erin. I think it's Erin's shyness *ducks* that makes her that way. Plus, she's the other new girl.

      Delete
    2. Now that you mention it, having that conversation under the stars really was the perfect backdrop.

      OMG yes you're right, when Jesse realizes just what effect he does have on her, she's gonna be a besieged woman! LMAO and I can't wait! ::humps bedpost::

      Delete
    3. I still wish I could've somehow worked it for him to kiss her. Ah well, that's for another day possibly.

      HAHAHAHA Oh yeah, as soon as he finds something that works, he'll be all over it, her, etc.
      Don't break the bed.

      Delete
    4. Well, the build up is proving to be quite delish. We'll have to visit in on Erin and Bryce soon, but I'm totally loving Jesse and Marie right now <3

      Delete
    5. Well, I've gotta throw in some Erin and Bryce stuff. Or, Erin and Bryce fluff lol. Hm, well, not quite as fluffy as fluff. I'm confusing myself. :x

      I'm glad. I'm loving Jesse and Marie too. Marie got the shaft quite a lot in Queen of Denial since it's mostly about her crazy mother, and Marie's whole reason for being there was to try to fix a problem with the buses. She has a Much better purpose here. ;)

      Delete
    6. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    7. "After reading this comment, I wonder if maybe you need a bedpost or a pole or something...." me too (great minds think alike) LOL, but I see the suggestion has been taken up so situation remedied.

      Delete
  8. I loved this poor Jesse trying to do the right thing and getting no where, well until the end.

    I'm glad she is going to the party and hopefully she is starting to see through
    the tough guy image and seeing the more gentle side of Jesse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Jesse's going to keep trying to do the right thing and things to get him where he wants to be. Even if that right thing is get really pissed off and punch a stupid leer of a jerk's face.

      Yay! She's going to the party. Jesse's great idea worked. A goal of his was to spend as much time as he possibly can on Wednesday with Marie, and he's at least got the evening covered now.
      Marie can feel the more gentle side of Jesse in moments like what just happened at the beach, and she understands (even if she doesn't like) why he gets mad and wants to fight.
      :)

      Delete
  9. I'm glad she is going to the party Jesse is finally getting somewhere.
    And yay for Simon being fired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D He convinced her to come to his party after getting the chance to be Mr. Hero again. The day ended great.

      Simon got fired, yes, something that should've happened a long time ago!

      :)

      Delete
  10. Well with all the comments that have gone before, not to mention the epic saga between you and gemly there is very little I can add. I am liking Jesse and Marie too and can't wait to see how that pans out as opposed to if it does. Every time Jesse had a conversation with Marie I thought about those panties and whether they would come up or not, well now they have so let's see how Marie reacts when she realises he has them.

    By the way, the word 'panties' is for little girls hear in England, but in the Caribbean, where I'm from, it is used for all females, so to me it didn't seem odd. Incidentally I believe it is an american thing to use 'panties' in provocative context. Here in the UK the good old fashion phrase 'don't get your knickers in a twist' is very common.

    I read a comment from you a while ago asking about the fun day. Sorry for not replying, then but I've been so busy re-organising it. We had to postpone it until the 1st June. But things are looking good for it now. I have been reading and keeping up with the events of your stories even though I am not able to comment all the time. It is only on rare occasions like this that I am able to spend a little more time, so I thought I'd give you an update on things with me. To tell you the truth reading your stories are a welcome relief from the stresses of fundraising, who'd have thought it would be so time consuming. Anywho we are winding down now so all that is left to do is promote, promote and did I mention promote. Well now I am on a drive to get people to sponsor stalls at the fun day. I am asking for donations from all my friends, both in person and cyber space to send donations. If you'd like to support a very worthy cause let me know and I'll send you the details.

    Sorry to go off topic but I am excited about the coming events of Erin and co and am having withdrawal symptoms for CLJS. I have put Seth on hold until after the fun day too. Keep up the good work I will be reading when I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been going back and forth on which of us is chattier: gemly or me. hehe. Probably her.
      Hm, yes, it's probably going to turn into something with the two of them. Jesse isn't wanting to give up, and Marie can't help but fall for he adorable idiot in him. Maybe she'll remember while at his house at the party about the panties hehe. :)

      I'm laughing at myself and my hang-up about the word panties. I'm getting over it because I think it's just me. Maybe it's the whole 'panty-raid' concept, that might be it.
      'don't get your panties in a wad' '...knickers in a twist' '... bunch' I love those phrases. For some reason, I'm thinking of Bart Simpson saying 'don't have a cow'. ???

      Ah okay, no problem atall. I do not envy you having to organize something like that. I'm the most unorganized person I know. :) I'm glad to give a short respite from the stress of all that.
      With a child now in marching band, I'm stepping into the parent role of fundraising. gah! Maybe the booster leadership will let me get away with just working in the concession stand. :D I handle fast-paced things very well.
      I once was in charge of promotions for a community thing around here, and then they replaced me because I really stink at it. No hard feelings on my part they replaced me. Still, I'll keep in mind and have an open ear about any way I might be able to help.

      You answered my next question about your Seth. It'll keep. I'm just looking forward to babies! :D

      CLJS literally just had a chapter released... the chapter I've dreaded since the Meet the Marshalls one. I THINK I did okay with it. The whole thing was about to take a spin in that direction I didn't want to go. The next one (which hopefully won't be as long in coming since I'm not dreading it) will be much more fun.
      Now I have another chapter that I'm dreading that's around their Christmas... :( Maybe I can drag out that one in this one's style, like I've done before, and let November and December take their own sweet time. :D hehe.

      Great to hear from you

      Delete
  11. I just love this chapter! Simon got fired, Simon got fired, THANK GOD he got fired! I was a little mad at Bryce for not doing it sooner but I'm glad he came around. And the end with Jesse and Marie made my heart smile. They are so adorable together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you sound like you're chanting. :)
      You weren't the only one mad at Bryce for that. I'm still feeling the fallout from that one. He was incredibly close-minded.
      I adore that ending too. It was incredibly fun to write. :)

      Delete
  12. I so love Jesse and Marie :-) The beginning of a relationship - whatever type of relationship it will be - is always interesting and fun to read about if the writing is good. Your writing is great :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! What a sweet surprise to see when bouncing around, not really doing anything constructive, from blog to blog. (running a slight fever and can't string together a cohesive thought)
      Jesse is one of my absolute favorite characters of mine of all time. I love his flaws, and I love Marie's flaws. I love how they're coming together in this.
      This one, and especially the next ones, is/are some of my favorite chapters.
      I'm thrilled you're enjoying the story, and thank you so much for telling me. :)

      Delete
  13. N'aww, Jesse and Marie are so sweet already, and it's such early days for them! I'm REALLY happy that Simon got fired :3

    ReplyDelete
  14. However you manage to do two POVs, and clearly shoot them at the same time so the angles and positioning line up is friggin' amazing. Just puttin' it out there.

    Ahhaaaa. So Bryce's firing of Simon did indeed happen in the same day as the original complaint was filed. Nicely played.

    Jesse really turned all of that to his advantage too. For all his mistakes, he does manage to strike it big when it counts. Though how he refrained from offering to help her wash her panties is nearly as impressive as the double-storyline-one-shoot. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not amazing. This was shot before it was written. I had a general idea of what I wanted to happen, and while things went on, I zipped around and shot pics like mad. Then, I took a look at what I had and pulled my hair out. How was I going to tell everything that was happening?!?!?! Bingo. I'll overlap time. :) I'll put it in several chapters in overlapping p.o.v's that barely push ahead of one another. Other than that, luck.

      Yes. At least that much happened.

      Have I mentioned I adore Jesse? No? Oh, I have, have I? Well, it's true. Hehe
      Yes, he does it right when it really counts, even though he may goof up royally in the beginning. It's his sincerity that does it, I think. When he's not Mr. Player, he's a doll. And when he IS Mr. Player, it's fucking hot but anyway.
      Oh, the panties! LOLOLOLOL! He's saving that info for a special occasion. ;D

      Delete