Thursday, May 9, 2013

50: Revelations




This chapter is a monster. I guessed that you all would rather I not break up the party chapters, so I kept most of it together.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erin



     I feel like I'm a chaperone for Marie as the two of us are at Jesse's house early. We decided to just come over and help him set up since Bryce had to go to work early.
     I think if someone walked up behind Marie right now and said 'boo!', she'd die of heart failure. She's so nervous! Back home, we'd say she's 'as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.' 
     Marie decided to make an apple cobbler when she found a dutch oven and some apples. I guess she wanted something to do. Jesse told her to go right ahead. He looks a little lost in his own kitchen with the two of us in here doing stuff.
     I look over at him and say, "Jesse, why don't you go find something to do outside. You're making me nervous just standing there with nothing to do."
     "Isn't there something I could do in here?" he asks pathetically but cutely.
      I look at Marie. She looks around the kitchen and dining table where we have set up everything but food and shrugs. "We've got everything covered in here," she answers.
      He looks like he's trying not to pout as he shuffles out of the kitchen and back door. I get the strong suspicion that he'd hoped to get Marie alone. I feel like a third wheel, but I also feel like she silently begs me to stick around.

      I decide to make a little small talk. "So, you're from Champs les Sims?" I ask.
     "Oui," she answers with a small grin before turning back around to do something or other with the stovetop.
     "I have a cousin that grew up there. I wonder if you knew her."
     "The town isn't terribly big, maybe I do. What's her name?"
     "Cristina," I answer.
     Marie freezes, facing away from me still. Then she turns around and looks at me very critically.
     "Did you know her?" I ask again.

     "Cristina Haynes?"
     I smile. "Yes! That's her! So you did know her!" I'm happy. My cousin is a little spoiled, but she's also a lot of fun to be around. I think she's Marie's age too.
     "You're her cousin?!" Her voice raises. Then her hand covers her face as she mumbles, "The one who's fiance cheated on her. Why didn't I put this together?"
      "I guess it makes sense that you know her since you're-"
      "I hate her," Marie says icily and leaves the kitchen after turning off the burner on the stove.
       I stand here with my mouth agape, not understanding. She hates her? ... Is Marie the 'bully' that Cristina talked about?
       I can't imagine Marie being a bully, but then again, I don't know her that well.


Marie



      No! No! No! How can it be that I'm making a friend and she has to be HER cousin? I think angrily as I storm out of the house.
      Jesse stands at his mailbox and looks up, surprised to see me.
      I've had it! Coming here has done nothing to help me! My problems followed me!
      I try desperately to keep the tears from falling as I storm off towards the road. I don't mind walking back to my apartment.
      "Whoa! Where are you going? What's wrong?" I hear Jesse say as he trots up behind me.
      "I want to go home," I say, and some tears escape. "Back to Champs les Sims! Everywhere I go, my problems show up!"

       "What?! No!" he cries out and his arms wrap tightly around me like he thinks that simply holding on to me will keep me from leaving.
      I easily break his hold, but he obstinately keeps getting a hold of me in one way or another, preventing me from getting any farther no matter how many times I physically hurt him.
       "Stop. Please! Tell me what happened!" he begs.
       "Erin is Cristina's cousin!"
       "Who?"
       "Dawson's ex that he cheated on me with." I let out a hiccuping cry.

       I hear the cousin of that evil witch say, "Marie, wait!"
       "Why should I?" I snap. "Who's to say you're not exactly the same!" I momentarily give up on getting Jesse to stop trying to hold onto me.
       "I'm not!"

       "I don't know why I didn't see it before! You look just like her!" I snap. In the very back of my mind, I realize I'm losing it and not making much sense, but I don't care. All I see is Cristina in glasses in front of me.

       "Marie, at least explain to me why you're so mad," she asks of me.
       "Do you know what your cousin did to me?"
       "Not really."
       "When she was done visiting you in Riverview, she came back to steal my boyfriend!" I pant. "I moved here to get away from the mess SHE caused!" I take a breath, and my anger takes control. "And I arrive to only find her in another form!"
       "Wait... you're that girl that was always hanging around Dawson?" she asks, and I'm seething.
       "Only because he was my best friend!" I answer, feeling a little defensive as well. "When we were teens, she kept trying to say I wanted to steal him, but I had a boyfriend already!" I yell into her crumpling face. Yeah, Armand, who turned out to be an abusive jerk.
        "Whatever happened, it's not my fault!" she cries.

    The red in my vision slowly clears as I stand here and Erin cries. She's not Cristina. It's just she looks so much like her that the second Erin mentioned her, Cristina was all I could see. I feel like such a bitch.
     "I'm sorry, Erin," I say lamely as I stand here, numb, not moving. I have no idea what Jesse is thinking of the scene in front of him. I think that it's possible he hasn't gotten past me saying I was leaving. I can feel him watching me like a hawk.

     Erin dries her eyes and looks at me like she's trying to understand.
     I decide to continue with my apology. "I don't know what came over me."
     "What did she do?" Erin asks.
     I take a deep breath and prepare to tell her. I fully expect her to try and contradict me. "When she got back to Champs les Sims, she got overly friendly with him. He assured me nothing was happening, but then his brother brought me out to the ruins, and I saw with my own eyes he was lying." I do my best to avoid saying Dawson's name because I hate doing it.
     Erin wipes a shaking hand across her forehead and says, "She said she wanted to get him back when I left Riverview, and that she was going back home to do just that."
      "Well, it worked," I snap.
      "If he'd moved on so easily, then she shouldn't have gone after him again. I'd wondered before, but this Dawson sounds like a real piece of work," she says in a steady voice. "I knew what she was going to do, and I told her it was a bad idea, but she can be pretty stubborn."
      "You're not going to stand here and try to defend your cousin?" I ask, surprised.
      She shrugs. "No. I believe you. She's spoiled. And it matches up with what I know of her and what you've told me," she answers.
       I need to go sit down. I'd expected a fight. I was prepared for a fight, and now that the adrenaline rush is over, I'm exhausted.
      "You're not still leaving, are you?" she asks earnestly.
       "No. I don't know what I was thinking."
       She nods and says, "Well, there's an apple cobbler that needs finishing."
       I look at the ground and say, "It doesn't need anything. Just turn the burner on. I need to sit down for a while."
       "Okay," she says, turns around, and heads up the stairs to enter the house.
       Apple cobbler now feels like a strange thing to fix for a pool party, but I needed a distraction while in Jesse's kitchen.

     I flop down on what Jesse says is a new couch and stare at my flip-flops. Jesse follows me in and sits down next to me. I really wish he wouldn't. I just want to think, and I can't think with him sitting next to me.
     I'm going to have to talk to Erin some more later about this, obviously, but I can't right now. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that she didn't try to defend her cousin at all costs.
     "Are you all right?" Jesse asks me quietly after about a minute of silence goes by.
     I sigh exasperatedly. "Jesse, do I look all right?"
     "Just asking," he says defensively.
     "I'm sorry. I just had everything hit me in the face like it just happened again. I guess the shock that I didn't actually run away from it."

    "That's really annoying how crap will up and 'hit you in the face,' like you said, without warning," he says, I guess trying to be helpful.
      I sit up and close my eyes as I ask, "Jesse, can I simply be alone right now?"
      "Please don't ask me to leave," he begs quietly.
      That does it. The raw emotion in his voice breaks through, and I start crying. I double over from the pain around my heart.
       Jesse makes attempts to grab my shoulders to, I guess, pull me up to him. I fight him off several times.
       "Dammit, Marie. Would you just let me help?" he finally asks.
       I let out a pathetic whining sound and stop fighting him off. I'm as floppy as a rag doll as he pulls me up.

     "My best friend," I say simply in between little cries.
     "I know," he says like he finally understands.
     He thankfully doesn't try anything, although by the time I've calmed down, I can tell he doesn't really want to let go. I can't decide if that's sweet or annoying. For something neutral to do I guess, he switches on the TV, and Erin comes in and sits on the other side of me. We sit and watch some cheesy romantic comedy. My why-did-I-fix-this apple cobbler finishes, and Erin asks me to go over to Bryce's with her for a second so she can change into her swimsuit.
     On the short walk over there, I ask her, "We're wearing swimsuits? I don't have mine."
     She bites her lip for a second before she answers. "You could borrow one from me, or if you want, I'll loan you my scooter so you can go get yours."
     I opt for the scooter plan. I'm glad Jesse wasn't around us when Erin offered the options. I can just see him jumping at the chance to drive me over to my apartment and back.

Jesse


     Erin and Marie go over to Bryce's for a minute so they can change since it's about five now. I wonder where Marie is when I see only Erin walk out of the house and down the stairs to my backyard.

     "Where's Marie?" I ask her, hoping I'm not too obvious.
     She picks up a glass of the drinks I made and answers, "I let her borrow my scooter so she could go and get her swimsuit."
      "Oh," I say. "I could've driven her over there if she needed a ride."
      Erin smiles a knowing, little smile at me and says, "She was also curious about driving my scooter since she's thinking about getting one herself."

    People start trickling in, and I honestly forget whatever it was Erin and I were talking about when Marie shows back up.
    Oh holy shit, she's wearing a bikini! I instantly become irritated that I have to calm down the wild animal in my trunks as she walks down the stairs. What am I? Fifteen?

    She stops at the bottom of them and stares at the ocean. I can't help but wonder if she's thinking about that other guy, what's-his-name.
    Erin watches me and starts acting weird. She's trying not to laugh when I look back over at her.
    "Are you going to stand there drooling, or are you gonna go talk to her?" she asks me very quietly.
     I scowl at her. She thinks she needs to tell me what to do? She's got another thing coming if she does. "She probably doesn't want me to run over to her... yet."
     "Yes she does," Erin answers unexpectedly, and I look at her suspiciously.
     I hadn't realized I said the last bit aloud. I know if I go over there now I will probably make a fool of myself because I feel like some kid who doesn't know what he's doing... almost.
     Grinning, Erin walks over to the hot tub. I hadn't even noticed that Lynne and Troy had arrived.
      Tonight. PLEASE tonight before I go mad.
      Marie turns her head and looks at me, I guess because she can feel me staring at her. Her eyes narrow, and she cocks her hip. I grin. Game on.

    She eyes me suspiciously as I walk over to her.
    "Nice suit," I say.
    She shrugs and says, "It was the first one I could find that matched."
     Translation: All or mostly all of her suits are bikinis.
     Down boy!
      "Well, it looks good on you," I say. "Want a drink?" I ask, and the irony hits me that I'm asking her what she pretty much asks everyone at the bar all the time.
     She nods. "Yeah okay. One."
      One. I've heard that before. Hm, really don't want her drunk though. I smile, turn and take her hand at the same time before putting it behind me and holding her little fingers up to my back as I pull her along. There's a slight tug to get her hand back like there was this afternoon, but I tighten my grip just a second before letting go on my own once we reach the bar.
     I'm going to make you beg.
      I take a drink myself, and we stand here as I try to convince her to teach me simfu. That whole 'don't date the teacher' thing is a load of bull. It has to be; it's completely crazy.
      That's a square knot around her neck.

     "I thought you were going to introduce me to your friends," she points out, irritated from our discussion/argument.
       "Oh yeah, sure." I smile in an attempt to keep the peace.
       She already knows Desmond. Apparently, he knows her dad too. I get a little annoyed at the way he looks at her, although I can't say I blame him.
     I remember that she'd already met a few of my friends, sort of, as their waitress, but never in a situation like this one where she could actually talk. We stand around and mingle, and I honestly try not to hover.

Erin


   Jesse's hot tub calls to me, and I decide to go over and soak with Lynne, Troy, and Belinda. I put down my Coke next to where I decide to sit while the three of them greet me.

     Once I'm seated, Belinda turns to look at me and say, "You'll never guess who I ran into the other day."
      "You're right. I'll never guess," I agree. "Who?"
      "Your ex-fiance, Sean."
      I go instantly on alert.
      "Calm down," she says quickly. "He's left."
      "Huh?" I ask, surprised.
      "He left the island and went back home," she clarifies, still not really helping me.

     Lynne speaks up, "He won't be bothering you anymore."
     "How did this happen?" I ask, my shock still in control.
     "We had a little... talk, and I convinced him to leave," she answers with a smug expression on her face.
      "You just talked to him?!" I ask, incredulous.
      "Lynne can be... a little intense sometimes," Bryce's voice echoes in my head from the other day.
      "Yes. Don't worry anymore about it," she states and leans back with her hands behind her head.
      Troy sits quietly and listens to the three of us. I realize I've never even said a word to him ever. Not that I know what to say now.

     I make the decision to just go with it.
     Sean is gone. He left the island. He gave up. Thank God. I take a deep breath and relax back against the edge of the hot tub. I'm free.

    I spend some time getting to know Belinda. I like her. She's got a quirky sense of humor.
     Troy and Lynne start getting a little more friendly. It gets harder and harder to ignore them.

     Belinda pipes up when she can't take it anymore. "Would you two get a room?!"
     The two of them laugh a little before going right back to what they were doing before.
      A little breeze blows Marie's conversation with Jesse over to me.

    "I keep forgetting to ask you. I left some clothes in your car the other day, and I was wondering -"
    He interrupts her. "Oh, yeah. I found them and washed them. They're upstairs."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I'm leaving you with that cliffhanger. Sorry, but if I included the next bit this may as well become a novella instead of a chapter.

Wow, fifty chapters! It doesn't feel like fifty chapters! And to think... this was just going to be a short nothing so that I could play around with Sunlit Tides, hehe. Thank you all so much for your support and encouragement because you are the reason that it's still going and will hopefully continue on for at least another fifty chapters!

I'll probably be writing a 1-50 summary soon and include extra info, Easter egg like, throughout the thing.

47 comments:

  1. Bad Mypal, bad bad girl. Seriously that's it. That wasn't even that long. Where is the rest??? What, you are a tease. ***pouting***

    Still pouting but I will comment anyway. Ok I really thought Marie was gonna go apeshit on Erin there for a sec. She hasn't dealt with the whole Dawson/Cristina thing it seems and since Erin looks like her, I thought was was about to be the stand in. Man she made her cry, if Bryce had been there he would have been very pissed and Marie could have been fired since he can be a bit of a hot head.

    Ok so that little revelation she made was news to Jesse. I don't think she's ever talked about her past before right? So now he has a little bit more info.

    Erin was right not to defend her cousin. She knows first hand what its like to be cheated on. Poor Marie was really on the losing end of that crazy love triangle thing with Dawson, his brother, and Cristina. Guess with her thrown in its more a love square LOL.

    Ok hitting refresh now to get the rest of this chapter, but it doesn't seem to be working. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! That was long for me anyway. :P I could've very easily broken that in half. LOL sorry about the tease. I still need to work on the next one because I changed the ending, making me have to delete chapter 53 in its entirety probably.

      I wish I could've done the Marie/Erin fight better. Fights are not my forte. I don't feel like I got across the fury Marie was feeling. She just about Did go apeshit on her because all that pent-up anger that she Didn't take out on Cristina herself (even after beating her ass to the ground and leaving her with a nice bald spot). To Cristina anyway, Marie Was a bully... although Cristina provoked her continuously... maybe that doesn't make her a bully. idk. Erin was in such a state of shock at seeing the mean side of Marie directed right at her that she broke down. It also didn't help that her Cousin was the reason that Marie was miserable. As far as Bryce goes, yeah, that could've gotten ugly real fast. Poor Jesse was at a total loss. On one hand, he wanted the girls to handle it themselves, on the other, he wasn't sure if he should try to comfort Erin or not given their still-a-little-awkward friendship. He was getting a little worried that he might have to try to step in the middle of it, (knowing how good Marie was at fighting, he was worried) plus he knew if Bryce found out that he just stood aside and let Marie pound Erin that he'd be up shit creek without a paddle.

      Yes, Jesse Finally got the story (or most of it) of Marie's problem in a way that he could understand. Marie did talk about her past, but in such a too-fast, too-confusing way that he understood none of it.

      Exactly, and that was part of Erin's problem in this is that she feels terrible that her own relative is the one responsible for Marie's pain... although it's a very true statement that Dawson is to blame in this as well. Hm... well it's a pentagram actually when you bring in her high school boyfriend Armand, but who's counting? Andy = 1st boyfriend, older brother of Dawson. Dawson= younger brother of Andy, Marie's best friend (ex best now)(oh, and ex best friend to Armand as well) Armand = second boyfriend that went behind Dawson's back and asked Marie out before Dawson could. <---- I felt like doing that.

      Only until this very second did I realize what you meant about that. I'm going to start stressing in a mind if I can't get that chapter ending right.

      Delete
  2. Down Boy! ROLFL this indeed one of my favorite stories! Oh and Jesse getting Marie up in the bedroom?? Marie has no idea whats coming! Jesse noticing the type of not Marie used, Poor Marie!!! Jesse is hilarious as always! At first I didn't like The-Jess-Man because he kissed Erin! Jesse totally reminds me of 'Jesse' (John Stamos) from Full House. Whoa!! Marie Erin is obviously nothing like her B*tch cousin Cristina Erin knows what your going through after all that son of a b*tch Sean Cheated on her, she knows your pain! I'm just glad Jess-Man was there to calm her down and to hug her Dawww! also dose Bryce know about Lynne? dose Troy? excuse my poor grammar I blame it on texting!!! and the fact that the word 'word' means I understand! I mean WTF! the word 'word' means well word! GRRRRR! I didn't see Ginger or Desmond at the Party or in fact since 'Burn' which was what about a week ago? hmmm... that makes me wonder has Desmond finally gotten that 'Book' he was fixing about *dose dirty smile* and what idea did he have? :3 Now to sit and wait to see what Marie Says/Think/Dose about what Jess-Man Said!!! If you haven't noticed I have a crush on Jesse!
    ~ Carrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry how crazy this seams, it jumps all over the place! I have a very short attention span! also a sufferer of ADHD I'm fun huh! I bet you want to be on a long car ride cross country with me! I know I'm pretty Awesome!!!!
      okay enough self complementing, wait a second WTF see what I mean I change topics like Bryce and Jesse girls in the olden days! SEE SEE OKAY I'M going to stop now Bye!
      ~Carrie

      Delete
    2. I have ADHD too. Pretty damn bad. Luckily, I have a photographic memory that helps in the spelling department. Organization is a bitch.

      That said, I'm THRILLED you love this story! :D
      He definitely wants to get her upstairs...
      Mhm, he noticed the knot. Not a whole lotta difference 'tween bras and swimsuit tops, and he and Bryce have had more practice than a normal person at taking those off.
      OMG I wonder if that's why I named him Jesse. .. if that's why he looked like a Jesse to me. The random name thingy came up with his last name, and I liked it.
      It took Mare a min to figure out that Erin and Cristina were two different people.
      Hehe, Jesse hardly knew what to do. He almost went and comforted Erin, but he and she still have a bit of an awkwardness between them. a little tiny itsy bitsy bit. He hated seeing Marie cry, and he's been dying for a chance to help in whatever way so she'll get over what happened to her. He doesn't understand why it takes some people a long time to get over stuff because his philosophy is to let it go and move on with life because life is too short to hang on to stuff.

      Bryce knows what Lynne is capable of. Troy doesn't. Neither know/will know what exactly happened.
      confused on the 'word' bit, but I can't help but think 'word to your mother' ROFL
      The others were there at the party, but they kept pissing me off because they never did what I wanted them to do. In fact, the 'guests' of the party behaved better than they did. I have a pic of Desmond splashing Ginger in the pool, and Ginger looks like she's glowing whereas Desmond is in the dark. grrrr. I DO need to do more Desmond/Ginger, but I keep getting distracted. I even have a Pam/Simon (the good one) thing planned. Oh! Desmond's idea: the pleasure/pain that ice can bring and what to do with that....
      Jesse is a total babe, and he knows it but isn't TOO vain about it. :)

      I'm positive we'd never be bored with the two of us jumping from topic to topic and having 'normal' people wonder where the hell whatever topic came from. It's hard to do that, you know, where you're on point 15 of a 'conversation' while the other person is on point 3 due to jumping from one thing to the next to the next to the next real fast in your head. IDK if you're like that, but I am so I assumed which I hate doing so if you're not then sorry! :) ADHD people are brilliant. It's just our minds work so much faster than 'normal' people that since we're not 'normal' that we're considered 'wrong' or 'learning disabled' more like 'you don't teach like I need to be taught' kind of thing. I could really really get going on a tangent if I don't stop myself now. hehe.

      Delete
    3. People make fun of my jumping from topic to topic while bringing something completely random that I saw in the background up after ranting for an hour on why the number nine is supreme to all lesser numbers. Jumping from topic to topic and rambling on and on and on and on are my specialty. all through out my school life teachers hassled me to make flashcards even though they never did work for me nor ever will. I ate lunch with other ADHD people and we changed topic in mid sentence, no one ever was off topic mainly because the topic changed so frequently that nothing was off topic. Most of my teachers would be amazed that halfway through a lesson I would have it all figured out. I'm a joy to be in classes with, I was always the 'teachers pet' you know the one kid in the class that makes everyone else look bad in comparison. I love that I'm 'Special' because I truly am I'm technically a genius. I'm like Albert Eisenstein's reincarnation. My IQ is above average and there are SOOOO many things wrong with me ADHD, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia....
      on another note (LOOK AT ME PROPERLY CHANGING SUBJECTS!!!) Desmond is definitely trying to piss off Ginger, after all he likes her better that way.... hehehe. Organization is most defiantly a bitch a bitchy bitch at that, and that's me being nice, I LOVE that your able to stay focused on this story I always say I'm going to do something or write something and then I go to work on it and then get distracted by another idea! here is an example I began to write a story called Moving On I get the first two and a half chapters done, and then I get an amazing idea for a story that doesn't make sense, so then I go back to Moving On and I can't think of how to finish the third chapter. and since I always like to have stuff written before I even think to open the Sims, I'm Stuck. So my contribution to the Sims community is a cold case... and today after rereading the first chapter I'm re thinking the whole thing, but I love Moving On the Characters have such depth and I don't want to delete it or edit it... But I seriously think all of my written work is complete crap, and the only people who have read the story are yours truly and my mother and your mother always says anything you make is super I am reconsidering everything... okay enough ranting from me...
      ~Carrie

      Delete
    4. Well, you've got someone right here that totally understands jumping from topic to topic with what feels like to them at random.

      I was always the kid that would stare out the window and live in her own little world while the rest of the class learned stuff. Oh, when I'd apply myself I learned fast. I'd live in my own little world.... that now I write.
      Not as hyperactive as ADHD, more ADD, but I have had it pointed out to me that while appearing calm, I'm always moving. (NEVER hand me a clicky pen. LMAO!)
      LOL at the great subject changing! :) Yeah, Desmond has no trouble at all pissing Ginger off.

      I too am amazed that I can get so focused on this story. I think, like I said above, it's back to the 'own little world' thing. I get totally immersed into it.

      OH boy, you'd better believe that I deal with that temptation -- to start yet another story -- every day. I'm forcing myself to finish A Moment in Time before I allow myself to implement what I hope is a really good idea that hopefully I can pull off. It's just Starting things is so much fun! Still, this is my favorite of my stories, and really, honestly, it's the comments that keep me wanting to do more. I'd probably still write it since I love it and it's fun, but it wouldn't be near as fast. Cutest Lil' Jazz Singer gets updated probably once a month now, and Queen of Denial almost never now. I'm thinking of meshing the story to this one, with my old 'main' family as background characters. idk still. My computer hates all the bricks in Champs les Sims. Anyway, the POINT I'm trying to make is that I'd still write them anyway because it's my escape. ;) You should keep it going. Bullet point lists help me.

      Delete
    5. They help me too! but the thing is I always want to add more here and add a secret... also I saw the Jesse Pack did you make that for me :3 I LOVE THEM!!!! ooh are you having Lag issues and crash issues??? guess what I found not to long ago I've had it for more then a week and my game is running faster then ever before even with my poses and mods! I'll give you the link: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=d66e424bf48506800bcb367505e38f63&topic=17746.0
      that there my friend is the most awesome thing in the world! thank you for your encouragement! also you've done a great job with your stories! whatever you do with them we will love it! Okay Have fun trying it out and my favorite thing about it is it has the link to visual instructions and it's super easy
      ~Carrie

      Delete
    6. I've heard of and visited that site in the past, but I decided to pass on it because I worried it would interfere with all my nraas mods.
      I think my crashes are due to a possible virtual memory problem... that.. or maybe I need the latest driver on my video card (sometimes tho, if I get the latest one it causes more problems than it fixes). I'm just noticing it's a processing failure 99% of the time.
      :)

      Delete
    7. I thought that too at first but it all works fine! I have several of nraas mods they work fine! When I first installed this in my game it not only sped up loading time for save games, loading time for CAS, and loading time for Build/Buy, it also stops lag, I'm going to be honest with you my slow game was one of the reasons I was putting off stories writing but now I'm building Amanda's house and making her family and since I'm a total perfectionist it takes me forever to make every thing look right. How do you have so much patients building? I absolutely hate placing windows. GRRRRR! Okay well I'm off to CAS to finish making Amanda just the way I need her... hehehe you HAVE no idea who Amanda is ... She is my leading lady if you like me you'll love Miss Amanda well she normally gose by Mandy but yeah Ima do what you and so meny others have done CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!
      ~Carrie

      Delete
    8. I'll think about it. I just remember reading up on it and red flags popping up in my head.
      Good luck with Amanda! :)

      Delete
    9. Hi Mypal! sorry i've been MIA I've been working and life caught up with me. Amanda got acidentialy deleted so i started a Randomcy my first Chapter is up and i shall introduce you to Loren Sterling or Ren
      http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/681498.page#10856314
      okay of to check the fourm!
      Carrie

      Delete
    10. Cool! Thanks for the link. I read it, but I guess you know by now about the pics thing. I'll checkback later today probably. :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad Marie backed down on Erin before she went too far with that.
    Maybe it's because my family isn't all that close, but I never assume being 'cousins' means anything. I haven't talked to any of mine in years, so if someone were to start yelling at me about one of them stealing someone's boyfriend, I'd be all 'Bwuh?'
    Anyway, Erin is the only friend Marie's got for now, so I'm glad she saw reason and talked instead of going with her assumptions.
    I'm still rooting for Jesse, but he should back off a little. I mean, Marie's got some issues to deal with, and while he is trying to help, he's obviously after her romantically and sexually, and that's putting more pressure on her than she needs.
    Poor Jesse, trying to keep his trouser snake in line.

    Yay for Troy and Lynne. And I'm glad Belinda got to talk to Erin, s he can breathe easy now. I guess it's best Erin doesn't know the whole story.

    And, lol, that ending. I wonder if, when Marie gets her laundry back, if she'll notice the panties are missing. Assuming Jesse keeps them. =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS good that Marie caught herself and came back to reality before she went apeshit (I love that term, my mom uses it a lot too and it's great) on Erin.
      On my mom's side of the family, I'm very close to my cousins. On my dad's... I wouldn't know them if I passed them on the street. lol at the 'bwuh?' in a nice way tho.
      Marie just assumed that Erin was closer to her cousin than her and would therefore automatically take Cristina's side in this occurrence.
      Marie and Erin would make great friends because 1) they have both lost their previous best friends in similar circumstances 2) Erin is almost a coward and Marie is brave (in everything but relationships atm, where Erin is the brave one) 3) the very fact that their situations are so so similar (even tho this ties in with 1). Now that the 'Cristina cat' is out of the bag, hopefully they'll be friends. Is it me, or is that really corny?

      Jesse doesn't understand that not everyone can just let things go and move on because life is too short to dwell on bad stuff. Now that he better understands Marie's problem, he even more wants to get her past it and help her move on. His pressure is him trying to help. He has no idea just how hard Marie can hang on to stuff.

      I really wanted to do more Troy and Lynne in this update, making it longer, but the sims wouldn't cooperate and I got pissed off. Suffice to say, they're getting closer. I'll hopefully pick things up sooner or later. I really enjoyed writing the 'I Burn Water' chapter.

      Do you honestly suspect that Jesse would willingly give Marie back her panties? LOL

      Delete
  4. I was seriously nervous she Marie was going to lose it on Erin. I can only imagine what kind of picture Cristina painted of Marie to her!

    Jesse does need to back off a bit. I get that he's really into her, but she's dealing with a serious betrayal here-even if she did give in now, it wouldn't be coming from a healthy place. I think she's been very wise in being prudent, and hopefully Jesse can come to understand that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To Cristina, Marie is a jealous punk of a bully that wants to steal Dawson from her. She didn't care that Marie had a boyfriend already while they were in high school, she knew Marie wanted Dawson... or so she thought. She caught the way Dawson would look at Marie sometimes, and it drove her crazy enough to constantly want to make Marie's life miserable... even if Marie would fight back.

      Jesse should probably back off, but he doesn't see it that way. He doesn't understand that not everyone can just let things go and get over them because life is too short. He thinks that by being more romantic with Marie that he can help. Exactly, if he was given the chance to help in the way he wants, it wouldn't be good in the long run because it wouldn't come from a healthy place.

      You just helped me figure out the last bit of the next chapter that needed changing. :) Thanks!

      Delete
  5. This wasn't long?! It was about the same as your normal chapters I think. The 'warning' got me excited, and I noticed how small the scroller is on the side, but that's just cus there's so many comments. Waaa...

    Anyway, ending first. LOL! Oh, Jesse. You think you're so smooth. I'm sure even inexperianced Marie can see what you're trying to do by inviting her to your bedroom.
    I'll stick with the Jesse/Marie parts for a moment, make it easier.
    I was surprised Marie wore a bikini, but I guess it must be all she had. I almost died at Jesse's 'wild animal' in his trunks, the 'down boy!' made me spit strawberry everywhere. I need to remember not to eat or drink while I read sim-stories, because it always seems to go everywhere.
    Ok. Nobody else has asked. It's either that I'm stupid and didn't get it, or nobody else noticed.
    "Tonight, PLEASE before I go mad." and "I'm going to make you beg." (I don't think exact quotes) - What does he mean?! In my mind it's sexual, but everything is sexual in my mind. (As we say around here 'If you're being rude, you're in the mood.' I don't think I want to know what that says about me... :p)
    So, those quotes, and the fact Jesse just asked her (in a round-about way) to his bedroom, makes me think that he's decided about 18 hours is enough time for her... But... It can't be? Hm. I dunno.
    And the square knot? I thought he'd mentioned that (to himself) as a way of seeing that she wasn't expecting it to come off, and didn't want it to come off by accident either. But since reading the other comments, I'm thinking it's so he can work out how long it'd take to get it off her. BAD BOY!

    Erin (at the party, I'll stay in the party bit and move up after, cus they're all involved and this way makes logical sense to me.) mingling :) I'm glad she's coming out of her shell a bit, and I knew Lynne was going to tell her about Sean (think you hinted on a comment a few chapters ago), but I thought she'd ask more questions. I'd forgotton what Bryce had said about Lynne before. Are Troy and Lynne together now then? Or just too drunk to hide their feelings?
    I'm guessing Erin is going to be friends with Belinda now? That should pull her into the mix a bit, because Belinda has been hiding in the background really.

    The fight, and apple cobbler:
    The cobbler made me lol. It really isn't very pool-party, but nothing the sims can make is.
    This is the fight I knew was coming, but you knew that I knew. (Not this again!)
    I didn't expect it so soon, but I'm glad it's over with so Erin and Marie can let it blow over and get to know each other properly. It's much better that it happened now, because Marie would probably have felt more betrayed if they'd become bestest friends first.
    Poor Erin had no idea what was going on! Marie can be a total failure at explaining things sometimes, can't she ;) I can imagine Erins side of that part would have been a lot of "She stormed out.... What?.... What did I do?.... Huh...?"
    And poor Jesse too! Just standing there helpless. I imagine if he'd stepped in, Marie would have re-directed her anger at him, and then Erin would have been the one standing there helpless while Marie beat the man, who is definately the love of her life, into the ground.

    Was about to say "Glad Marie didn't inherit John's temper'. Hm, that won't work... I suppose she could pick it up from living with him, but still, glad she didn't. Sure, she gets angry, but she's more likely to cry than hit you.

    Well done on 50 chapters too! You're right, doesn't feel like that many (probably because it's only been a few weeks). Here's to 50 more! *cheers* :) <(' )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I realized that a little this morning, but to me, it's two chapters smushed into one. Plus, there was supposed to be all this Lynne/Troy stuff that I got hacked off at and left out. Then there was some Desmond/Ginger stuff that screwed up too. I'm like F---! I'll stick to the stuff I Have to do. Besides, it's the after-party that's the best.

      Hm, Jesse only said 'upstairs' not 'in my bedroom', and he kept his voice casual. Plus, Marie (didn't include this in this chapter) is standing there, shocked that he even Does laundry... even tho he offered to help her the other day which she thought was only a ploy. Sometimes she really is a dumb blonde. *runs away before Marie can hit her*
      I put Marie in a bikini because she really doesn't have a problem with herself as long as she remains athletic and not back to the slightly-overweight teen. (I kept CASing her) Plus, she's brave so why not? :)
      LMAO! I scared my son while I was writing this. It all started with the 'Game on' because it was SO Jesse. So, I added the other bits before and after. 'Down boy!' made me laugh too for the same reason.

      I'm glad you asked that. :) It means exactly what you think it means. In his mind, Marie's over what happened yesterday, and this afternoon helped her get over what happened with Dawson. Nothing like a good cry, right? I like that saying about 'being rude'. :)
      Oh, the square knot. Yes, he's a very bad boy. If Marie knew those thoughts, I'm sure that wouldn't help her with her belief that Jesse is a womanizer. I guess he kinda is, but not like she thinks.

      Erin, yeah, is coming out of her shell, at least around Bryce's closer friends. The strangers at the party, she steered clear of them. She felt much better once the more-distant crowd started to disperse and she went to sit in the hot tub.
      Erin remembered how scary Lynne was that morning when she threatened her about hurting Bryce, and then also the statement Bryce had made. She's starting to suspect, but she doesn't want to think too much about it. (making me reveal another thing!)
      Lynne and Troy are kind of together. They're not committed, and Troy is working towards that. Like I said, that was supposed to be a part of this chapter. Damn routing failures didn't help matters either!
      Belinda has been feeling like the third/fifth wheel too much lately, and she liked talking with Erin.
      I have big plans for Belinda (might even rival Marie for a while) once I can finally do the damn time jump. small one, then a bigger one. I'm starting to think this time jump plan of mine is only a myth. lol

      The cobbler actually came about from me looking through my misc items, wondering what to put in Jesse's kitchen. My husband makes a wonder apple cobbler in a dutch oven (tho not the stovetop variety... a real one), so I thought I'd have Marie, since she can cook anyway, make one. Other than that, yes, it doesn't fit, so I thought I'd Use that it doesn't fit.
      I knew you knew. (stopping it there!) I'd debated on When it would happen and under what circumstances. It just sort of came out on its own here, so I went with it. Best to clear the air.
      Marie is Terrible at explaining things! She doesn't want people to get too close. She just feels closer to Erin.
      Poor Jesse indeed. Marie was right in one respect: he was watching her like a hawk to make sure she didn't start storming off. Then, yes, he didn't want her anger directed at him, but he also knew that if he 'let' Marie hurt Erin then Bryce would've been all over him.
      Love of her life huh?

      Ah, nature vs nurture. It's funny, but part of why Marie likes John is because of his temper.

      Hehe, thanks. Gonna be strange to 'sum up' fifty chapters that take place over 2-3-4 (?) weeks.
      quack

      Delete
    2. Well, I'm glad you smushed two together then :)
      Is the afterparty in the next one?

      So he did. Sorry, I read 'upstairs' as 'bedroom'. Dunno why, but it means the same thing in my mind anyway.
      Lol, Marie, you idiot. He lives alone! Does she think he just throws any clothes he's worn out when they're dirty? But, I do get where she's coming from. He does come across a bit dopey, and you wouldn't expect him to do someone elses laundry.
      I remember that! (you having to CAS Marie thin every day) And I suppose she doesn't have any fears about people staring at her like Erin does, so it makes sense.

      Clearly in Jesse's eyes all Marie's troubles and hang-ups about her past were washed away with her tears. And somehow knowing Erin isn't like her cousin must've helped too.
      Oh, Jesse. You're so clueless. If *only* it was that easy to get over stuff like that!!
      I wonder if Marie will ever ask about the the speed with which he can remove a bra? (that sentance makes me lol so much) And I wonder if Jesse would say he's faster than Bryce, just to make himself seem the bigger man ;)

      So Erin suspects the *thing* about Lynne? Look forward to that one coming out.
      Troy is the one putting the moves on Lynne? Wow, I'd have suspected the other way around! Lynne is a very strong person, and after all, she kissed him (last week?) not the other way around! Even if it was just playful.
      Ugh, route failures. "Teleport me here" is my friend in those situations.
      LOL! The mythical time-jump. :p
      Yeah, if Lynne and Troy are actually going to get together then Belinda will want someone else to see. Whether Erin is best for that is another thing. Considering this is the first time she's gone somewhere without Bryce (apart from running from him) in weeks. Which is fine if Belinda *likes* feeling like the third wheel. Maybe Belinda, Marie and Erin can do some girly things together.

      I don't even know what a Dutch oven is. Over here it's a pretty disgusting thing (or, slang for a disgusting thing, I should say) but I realised you didn't mean that :p
      I'm glad they did clear the air, because now they've got nothing that could blow a friendship apart hidden away, and they can know each other properly. Maybe Marie can work on her explaining.
      Yep. Love of her life :)

      Haha, yeah, you could do it like a bullet-point thing. A short description of each day, especially on the days that lasted 4/5 chapters! :p Good luck!

      Delete
    3. Afterparty in the next one, yes.

      LOL she just never thought about it.
      Wow, you remember me complaining about that? Because it really did drive me crazy it was like OMG Marie ate her whole plate of food, filling her hunger bar to the max, and poof! She's plump again. I even gave her the fast metabolism thing to no avail. So, yes, as long as she stays active, Marie doesn't have a problem with her body.

      You got it! Jesse thinks she's probably all better now, or very close to all better.
      Jesse doesn't understand that others have trouble since he outwardly gets over things pretty fast. All those rejections still sting tho.
      I foresee another challenge coming up, probably in the distant (esp for this story) future tho.

      She suspects, but she doesn't want to delve into it.
      Troy kissed Lynne at the end, a little more serious emotion behind it than her playful peck. Other than that, they've danced together several times, gotten lunch together, and tonight they were drunk or at least very tipsy. So... while Erin and Belinda chatted, Troy tried one thing after another and everything was working. Oh, I NEED to do something with this. Yeah, he's a little bashful, but nothing like having your inhibitions removed huh? :D
      I was doing teleport me here, but then they wouldn't use whatever object I wanted them to use. At one point, I wanted Erin to grill some hotdogs. You'd think that would be a simple thing to do but NOOOOO she kept complaining there was no prep surface. do huh? Then she needed resetting cuz she got the 'I'm in the dark' moodlet from being stuck in the floor. Then I tried to get Desmond to man the grill. Didn't work either, although he did eventually do the prep. Then he complained there was no place to cook them. Then I gave up. I just wanted an effing background thing!
      :/
      Hopefully, Lynne won't ignore her friend. The other stuff could happen too.

      o.O okay.... would that be anything like a crotch pot? (crock pot) which works the same way as a dutch oven pretty much.
      If you say so. ;)

      Yeah, I need to do that. Haven't yet. thanks. =|

      Delete
    4. Ooh, only a couple of days! I'm exited now :)

      I suppose Marie's weight struggles are very realistic. Well done EA! Nice glitch ;)
      But yes, I remember that. I remember lots of random stuff that's pretty useless, and not a lot of important stuff. (*chants* opticians tomorrow, opticians tomorrow, opticians tomorrow)

      It's be nice to be able to get over things as quick as Jesse does! Why can't we all be like that? He has such a happy outlook on life too :)

      Love how you know what your background characters have done while they've not been in the story! :p And yes, Alcohol helps a lot of things ;)

      I don't recall ever needing a counter to make hotdogs? :| Weird. Not that I make them much. But at the beach they just have the BBQs, don't they? They have picnic benches, but they just put the cooked ones on there.

      I don't know what a crotch pot is either, but it could be the same thing. (*don't read if you're easily grossed out* basically, someone farts under the covers in bed, and pulls them over someone elses head. Dutch oven. Ok, not too gross to read about.)

      As long as you post the 50 chapter summary before chapter 100, it'll be fine. So don't rush it :)

      Delete
    5. Yeah, but with Marie, who knows? I might not have been a glitch. Her 'parents' could've had a weight problem as well.

      I only know what's going on in the background because I have intentions to write about it, but I get distracted by the other characters. So that's the only reason why hehe.

      For some reason, when they make them in the microwave (which I guess they would've done) they have to prep them. I say that because in the uni dorms they have a microwave and a grill, and they always prefer to use the microwave. Stupid, I know.

      OOoooookay. Nevermind then LMAO! Yeah. That's not what I thought at all. :X

      good, cuz I'm not rushing lol.

      Delete
  6. This wasn't long, yo!

    That was a good way to introduce more of Marie's past, although I felt bad for Erin, her not being overly fond of confrontations. Fortunately Marie cooled off enough to get her head on her again. I'm guessing they'll have to talk more about this later.

    How curious Erin must be about how Sean was 'convinced' to leave, but what a relief for her! Maybe now she can let go of some of her own inhibitions and move forward with Bryce with more strength of heart. Sean just seemed like an axe ready to fall on her neck. Everything about him was a cloud hanging over her head.

    Jesse was very sweet in this chapter, begging her not to push him away, yet trying not to hover. Although with that cliffy, he's probably up to some mischief now! "I'm going to make you beg" lol. Dunno why, but I really liked that he held her fingers against his back when he was taking her to the bar =)

    ::swiftly rereads to make sure I didn't accidentally call someone Maru again::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah yeah yeah. I realize that. If it makes you feel better, I just doubled the length of the next chapter. :) It had issues.

      Thanks. Yes, poor Erin didn't know what was going on at first, and when she did, she felt mortified to an extent.

      She's curious, but she doesn't think she'll get it out of Lynne right now. She decided to just focus on the fact that he left and how that fact is such a relief. It's bound to help her relationship with Bryce, the stone around her neck (another good idiom/thing/idk) has been removed, and she can stand up straight and move forward. I wish I could think of the damn word I'm trying to think of. I can't get allegory out of my head and that's not it! I hate it when this happens.

      Jesse is sweet and seductive all rolled into one in this one. The sweet is good for Marie. She needs to see that he's not just a player. or.. a player period... well, sometimes. maybe. kinda. Anyway, trying to show her he's really starting to care and isn't just after sex. Although... that's not saying he's not after it. So now he has to deal with the fact that he's trying to be the nice guy/shoulder to cry on and at the same time wanting to jump her bones.
      I'm glad you mentioned the fingers thing! I saw it play out in my head and thought that that was so Jesse to do that... make her touch him in some way. Then he proved that she could only let go when he let her.

      LMAO!!!! I love it!

      Delete
    2. Yes, that does make me happy <3

      I can see Erin being almost mortified. She's such a sweet person for the most part it had to hurt to be confronted like that and also to know her cousin has hurt someone else this much to evoke such a reaction. Hell though, if she looks so much like her cousin, maybe Marie can work out some of her baggage by talking to Erin about it.

      LOL Jesse is one big, lovable contradiction, isn't he? Like how you just described him, lol. "he's not a player. well maybe sometimes. he isn't just after sex...he wants to jump her bones" =D

      Oo, that she could only let go when he let her...nice. Yeah I really did like that part about the fingers though, I could see it in my head too. Casual, but intimate contact in a way, and firm because he wouldn't let her go.

      ::looks around for a bedpost to hump::

      Delete
    3. I even 'had' to make a few new poses for the extension.

      Right. She knows Cristina can really be a spoiled bitch, but she'd never seen the results of her spoiled bitchiness. Then to have Marie point at her like that like she blamed her was awful. Hm, yeah, maybe Erin looking so much like Cris will help Marie deal. Erin has prettier eyes tho. I made Erin by using Cristina as a base. Then I decided they're cousins and at the same time not thinking it would matter. Then I brought in Marie.

      I think that's pretty much the conclusion I drew as I typed that up. I'm laughing at myself now as I reread it.

      I'm glad you got such a good mental picture there, because I seriously debated making it a pose. Maybe I will anyway.

      You and your bedposts. LOL

      Delete
  7. Both Erin and Marie have exactly the same history with a man, this might bring them closer together as friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it will definitely help bring them together. Hopefully, they can lean on each other as they work on getting their lives together again... better than any boyfriend could do. :)

      Delete
  8. Revelations indeed!

    I'm glad everything with Erin and Marie happened before the party started, otherwise that would have been one major scene no one on the island would have forgotten for years to come. What a small world, who would have guessed Marie and Erin have such intimate ties. I can understand Marie's heartbreak and shock, but I'm happy she realized she was being a little irrational taking out all her anger on Erin.

    Marie has a lot of anger and she needs to work through. I really think she needs to fix herself first before she starts thinking about letting Jesse in. But it seems that ship has long sailed and Jesse is right on board, hopefully as they navigate these rough seas, they can both find their way to a safe harbor. Don't mind me, feeling a little poetic today.

    It's great that Erin likes Lynne, she could use some female company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! Good thing Erin decided to do a little 'small talk' and include that topic. They didn't need the whole crowd in on that knowledge and drama. Jesse was one too many.
      I actually made Erin by using Cristina as a base, and that's when the whole idea of 'they're cousins, but not like that'll matter'. Then, I brought in Marie, and the wheels in my head started turning lol.
      Marie has a quick temper, but it mostly blows itself out pretty fast as well.

      I've just barely tapped into Marie's issues. It all started when Elena adopted her.... then almost immediately shipped her off to a boarding school. She rebelled against the school and they sent her home. (I love it when the game creates the drama for me.) Then Elena married the man Marie considers her father, and he taught her simfu as a way to calm down her anger, treating the symptom but not the cause. Then, her guy troubles didn't help matters.
      That said, that's loads to work through, and I don't know if she'll be able to keep Jesse away forever.
      :D I love the poetic way to describe all that. It makes me want to cry. Now I feel ridiculous lol.

      Erin is warming up to everyone little more by little more. :)

      Delete
  9. Marie really let rip at Erin that could have been a mess. Jesse can't get enough of Marie but I'm glad he didn't try anything while she sat there and talked as well as cry.

    His thoughts on her bikini were funny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, I'm sorry, but I have 14 year old son and when I saw 'Marie really let rip' I read 'Marie really let it rip' (bathroom humor). I hear stuff like that all day long, and I guess it goes along with the saying 'you are who you hang with'. /facepalm.

      Back to the actual stuff:
      It could've gotten pretty damn bad had Marie not been able to come to her senses and see Erin for Erin and not Cristina.
      Jesse was happy he could show Marie his really sweet side, but it was hard for him to not try anything. He was inwardly berating himself for even thinking it. Still, he thought it. She needed her little talk, even if she didn't say much.

      I had loads of fun coming up with the stuff going through Jesse's mind. :)

      Delete
  10. Wow, way to leave us hanging there...Great update. I can't wait to see how Jesse and Marie's relationship grows. I have a feeling that it's going to be very intense. I am waiting to see if Erin will move in with Bryce. Can't wait for the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, it happens like that sometimes, you know. With so much chemistry between them on and below the surface, Jesse and Marie's relationship is bound to explode sooner or later... and hopefully in a good way. :-) It'll be interesting to see how Bryce reacts to Sean being gone.
      :-)

      Delete
  11. I'm still reading this! I'm just slow, LOL.
    *stares so much at Jesse* Uhhh... god he's hot. Okay, haha, wow, that's got to suck to find out you just met your mortal enemy's relative. I didn't really find it weird that Erin didn't defend her cousin because I wouldn't defend any of my cousins. I pretty much don't know any of them very well. There's no weird like, they're my family so I have to love them kind of thing going.
    Wow, so Sean's just gone. Yay Erin's free! I do remember what the girls did to Sean.
    Congrats on getting to 50 chapters. Woo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, I understand! I'm getting behind on everything, but I'm hoping to catch up later today while trapped in my car (not driving btw).
      Jesse/Eric/Bryce/Donovan... easy for me to get distracted too n now Skye aged up n the camera loves him every bit as much as his older brother.
      Yes, Marie was really really shocked, and that's why she lost it there for a few minutes.
      I'm finding many people feel the same that you do about Erin and her cousin. To be fair, Marie doesn't knowher own cousin well either. And he lives next door to her parents.
      Sean made tracks to Riverview. Erin is indeed free of his presence.
      thanks!

      Delete
  12. Marie has a lot of garbage to throw out. I hope she can do it and not live in the shadow of her perception of her mom. Poor Erin, caught in the fury, but yay in the absence of her ex. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's been holding everything inside forever since she never really trusted anyone after Elena sent her to that boarding school straight away. That woman's crazy has traveled across cyberspace to this story.
      Yes, bye bye, Sean! Hopefully for good!

      Delete
  13. Aw when did Troy and Lynne suddenly become a couple? Will we be getting a story about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I sort of glossed over that, didn't I? It all got started in the "I Burn Water" chapter, but then I didn't put in any specifics, so you're right to ask about that. I keep meaning to put in something to fill in the blanks, but I just can't hear it. Hopefully, I can figure something out.

      Delete
  14. We'll I'll be interested in reading it if you decided to write their little love story :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably have to do some flashback-type stuff, but I'm sure it'll come to me. :)

      Delete
  15. I'M OVER HALF WAY THERE!! :D WOOOO!

    *ahem* What a mean place to stop! Did you know that I was going to be productive today?Ah well, just one more..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aaaahaaaa. I'd been wondering when the 'French Cousin' revelation would come up. Interesting that though it wasn't Marie, it was Marie's arch nemesis. She really showed her hand with that temper flare though. Perfect opportunity for Jesse! lol

    Glory Hallelu, there's one less thing for Erin to worry about. Love Lynne's smile while she said not to worry about him any longer. lol

    Cliff hanger. Hurrhurrhurr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and Cristina really IS Erin's doppelgänger. (Auto-correct did the little dot thing. Never seen it like that before.) Anyway, I made Erin off Cristina and changed the eyes and a few details.
      Marie and her temper. Yeah. And there was Jesse to comfort her, just what he likes to do most. :)

      Me too. Sometimes, the game interactions are absolutely perfect, kwim?

      Yep. Have to. Not the worst one I've ever done....

      Delete