Marie
Bryce's words to me echo in my head after he drops me off. "Cut Jesse a little slack, would you?" and "It's my fault I tricked you into that outfit. I was trying to set you two up. I'm sorry." To which I told him that it wasn't him that acted like an oversexed pervert. Then he tried to tell me that Jesse didn't mean anything bad, and that he thinks he seriously likes me. Hah!
"Cut Jesse a little slack, would you?"
"A little slack?!" I ask harshly to my walls. "No. Not so that I can be another in a long line."
"He moves through women faster than your new boss used to." Now I hear the crazy lady that used to have my job's voice.
"I don't need that," I say. "I've had enough of that."
'By whom?' my inner self asks me. 'Armand never dated anyone but you. Dawson? There's a chance it was all Cristina's doing.'
"He still didn't stop her."
'Andy?'
I feel a pang of regret. "He broke my heart first."
'He also waited for you to grow up, just like he said he would. He said he'd wait for you, and you dated his brother.'
"He also made sure to bring me to see that scene so that I'd break up with Dawson."
'Can you blame him?'
"Shut up!" I stop my inner voice. Then I think, Oh no. I'm as crazy as my mother! No. No, I'm not. That whole damn town is crazy! That's why I had to get out of there. I didn't fit. My little brother fits because he's one of them even though I love him dearly.
I storm into my bedroom and try to come up with something with which to blame Andy. I can only remember that he broke up with me because he'd graduated and he didn't think it would be right for him to date someone in high school because I was too young. I can't argue with his reasoning, so I have to throw that out. Then I remember how he'd made a play for me when I'd shown up to go on a date with Dawson. However, that was when he reminded me how he'd waited. I'd been so hurt as a teenager that I'd forgotten he'd said that. Next, I try to convince myself that what he did in 'reporting' to me about Dawson's cheating to cause me to break up with him was bad, but I also can see the situation from his point of view. He was right, and he must've been ready to do anything. He didn't want me hurt, but he also wanted me for himself.
"There," I say aloud. "He was out to get his brother hurt just to get me back. I'm better off not coming between them." Somehow, I can't convince myself. Andy had not interfered after I'd started actually going steady with his brother until something bad really happened. It wasn't like he set out to make it happen. He didn't make Cristina move back from Riverview. He didn't force his brother to fall under her spell again.
"It doesn't matter. I'm through with all of them!"
I sigh and decide meditation is what I really need. So, I sit myself down on my bed and try to relax.
"Cut Jesse a little slack, would you?"
I take a deep breath in for six seconds and let it out for twelve.
"I was trying to set you two up."
"Is that really so bad, Marie?" Now Jesse's voice intrudes on my thus-far failed meditation. I love the way he says my name. It literally rolls around in his mouth like he's tasting it. mah-ree.
That does it. My breath in gets expelled in only one second, and I tense up. How does he do it? The more I try to not think about him, the more I end up thinking about him.
He's a womanizer. I have to stay away.
That won't be easy since he's my boss' best friend, I think as I remember how I watched for Jesse all day, almost dreading what I thought was inevitable. He never showed. I'd say he was out chasing women, but he came over to Bryce's too fast for that. He must live in that house behind Bryce's.
That was a nice kick, I think of earlier when my hazy reality had started coming back to me. After I'd not really watched for him all day, seeing him fighting the asshole made me mad. That was when he finally showed up?
'Were you watching for him or not, Marie?' my inner self asks me. I don't want to answer.
The moments before that 'nice kick' run through my mind. I got punched in the jaw by a man who intended to knock me down and did.
Painful memories that I often try to block out come back in force, and they hurt me more than Sean's punch. My mother was caught cheating, and my father lost it. I remember trying to keep Xavier, my brother, from screaming. He'd only been a toddler, and he didn't understand why there was so much yelling. Dad has regretted that moment for the rest of his life. The strange part was I still sided with him. He'd been a better parent to me than she had. Dad really made my simfu lessons very serious after that. He hated himself for what he'd done, and he never wanted anything like that to ever happen to me. I'd made it my goal to never have it happen either. I failed. Sure, I'd been punched before, but they were always girl fights at school.
I test my jaw for the nth time tonight and think, And Jesse got him back for me.
I wonder how Jesse would do learning simfu? I think as I remember the kick again.
.....
Uf, no. I don't care how good a student he'd be; I'm not putting myself in that position.
Besides, I'm not good enough to instruct others, regardless of what Dad said.
Jesse
Bryce asked me to just hang around his house for a little while as he took Marie home and other stuff. I'm still drenched, and I'm tired. I want to sit down, but I don't want to drip all over Bryce's furniture... Pam, not Bryce, would get upset at me. I sit on the arm of the couch as a compromise.
I prop my foot up on the corner of the coffee table and sit here brooding.
What did I do wrong tonight?
"Not from you it's not," her voice says in my head. She's pretty much got me there. Had I gotten the opportunity to drive her home, I would've tried my hardest to get her to talk to me about how ridiculous it is that she refuses to date anyone, especially me apparently.
Still, there was more to it than just that. Is she mad I insisted on helping her stand up?
I sit up for a few seconds to twist and stretch my back. That ex of Erin's can sure pack a punch if given the chance. I hope Julian is okay. He's not what he used to be I guess. I wonder what happened?
Even more upsetting to me is the knowledge that the bastard punched Marie hard enough to knock her out. I feel my fist clench tighter the more I think of it. I hope Marie knocked him hard into the pavement like he'd said. Obviously wasn't hard enough if he got up.
She didn't snap like she did at anyone but me. So I'd asked her out yesterday. Does that mean she had to act like she was in a permanent bad mood around me?
Bryce walks in the door, and I turn my head towards him.
"Thanks, man," he says wearily.
"No problem," I respond before I say goodnight since it looks like he just wants to go upstairs. For just a second, I want to tell him that he couldn't be a rebound, but I don't think he wants to hear that from me.
On my run home to get out of the rain, I decide to just back off from Marie for a little while and see what happens.
Erin
"I fell asleep." I state the question.
"I guess so," he answers me quietly.
I notice he's changed out of his wet clothes and into some pajama pants with no shirt. He looks so hot that I worry he might set the sheets on fire. We each look at the other one like we want to ask each other how we're doing.
"I'm okay," I tell him.
"Are you?" he asks with doubt in his voice.
"You don't think I am? Well, I mean, I could be better, but I could also be a hell of a lot worse."
He lets out a long exhale and moves to sit on the edge of the bed. "I know," he says simply, but there's also so much emotion in those two words that I just want to curl up. So, I do.
Memories of only a few hours ago assail me mercilessly. I don't want to think about any of it for now, but I don't have much of a choice. I can't imagine what Bryce is thinking as he sits there, quietly watching the storm, and I don't know if I'm ready to ask him.
I feel the bed move like he's twisting around to look at me. I peep up over my arms at him to see a concerned expression on his brow.
He's quiet and still for a few more seconds before he gently pulls me to him. Then his arms wrap around me, and he holds me to him like he's afraid the strong winds outside will blow me away should he let go.
"Are you still in love with him?" he blurts out. "And don't answer me right away. I want you to think," he quickly adds.
I close my mouth from the 'no' I was about to say. I remember back to earlier when I'd kissed Sean back. Those memories made me feel something again, something like a memory of an emotion... something hollow. Sean never treated me with the care and love that Bryce does, but does that mean I don't still love Sean?
"I was in love with someone who didn't exist. So, it's quite reasonable to say I never loved him," I say, content with my answer and wondering how it never truly occurred to me before now.
Oh, what am I thinking? I'm the one clinging to him for security.
"Get rid of the hurt," his voice sounds in my head. "When I said that I wasn't thinking. I know for a fact it's not that easy." No, it isn't, is it? No, instead...
"I can't stand it Erin," he says all of a sudden.
I open my eyes a little to see a pained expression on his face now. "What are you talking about?"
"Whether or not this person existed, you were still in love with him enough to want to marry him. That doesn't go away quickly."
"I didn't really expect it to, not quickly."
He's quiet for a few minutes before I pull myself up to kiss him. He doesn't respond, and that scares me. "Bryce?" I ask, hearing the fear in my voice.
"When you came to me last week on the beach, you said you wanted me to try to take away the pain," he says, swallows, and looks like he's waiting for me to say something.
"And you said it's not that easy." Where is he going with this?
"It's not, but are you still expecting me to get rid of the hurt?"
"You are," I say, and he closes his eyes like I just gave the wrong answer. I quickly try to work at digging myself out of this hole I might have made. "Just being with you helps like a soothing balm. When I'm with you, I'm shown how powerful love can be." Please believe me, Bryce!
He takes a deep breath with his eyes still closed, and I start running my fingers through his hair. He's still holding up most of my weight like it's nothing, but I squirm a little anyway, worried I'll make his arms tired. His eyes open, and he asks, "Are you uncomfortable?"
My eyes widen for a fraction of a second before I answer, "What? No. I was worried about your arms getting tired."
"Don't worry about it," he says quickly. Then he adds, "Is that all you wanted out of me, at least last weekend?"
"All I wanted out of you?"
"Yes. You came to me and said you wanted to let me try to get rid of the hurt as I'd put it the night before... before you ran away."
"But like you said, those were your words."
"But I also wanted you for you," he says, and I'm a little tiny bit overwhelmed. "Want you for you," he clarifies.
"Bryce, I want you for more than just to help me get rid of him," I say, finally realizing where he's going with this.
"Erin, if I'm going to help you get rid of him, then you have to be completely, brutally if necessary, honest."
"But I don't want to hurt you."
He lets out a huff and asks almost angrily, "Am I a rebound?!"
"What?! I'll admit I worried about that for a moment, but can it even be called a rebound relationship if there's been months since I broke it off with him?! No, you're not a fucking rebound, Bryce!" I almost glare at him until I see his brows come together for a moment and his lips pinch together a little like he's trying to hold back an emotion. "Now who's not being brutally honest? You don't believe me, do you?"
"I'm... worried," he says like it took a lot out of him to admit that.
I decide to elaborate on my earlier statement. "Yes, I need help getting rid of him, but I also decided that night before finding you on the beach that I wanted a relationship again, and I wanted it with you. I said those things because I know men like to 'fix things' and that maybe that would -"
I let out a little high-pitched noise when he suddenly kisses me again. Happy relief practically pours out of him.
Then I remember hearing Bryce say something about rebound when he had the gun pointed at Sean. I think that's what he said anyway, the rain was so loud I couldn't quite make out the words from inside the house.
As Bryce moves down to start kissing my neck, I ask, "He said that, didn't he?"
"Yes," he mumbles into me, and I let out a very aggravated noise. Bryce laughs a little as he twists around to deposit me on the other pillow. Then he gets up and turns out the overhead light and the lamp on the other side of the bed.
He lies down next to me, but then he quickly rolls over to lay his head on my chest and wrap his arms around my waist. I like this, and I run my hands through his hair.
"Erin, they can't hold him forever, and I'm guessing he'll be here at least a week. I really don't feel comfortable with you being in your house alone."
"I don't want to be," I say before he sighs.
"I'm sorry for imposing myself on you, but-"
"You're not. I'm running to you for protection," I quickly keep him from finishing his needless apology. His arms tighten around me as he takes a deep breath, and we lie here quietly for a few minutes.
"Do you have any idea how good that feels?" he murmurs to me as I continue to run my fingers through his hair.
I giggle a little and reply, "Yes, I do actually."
We fall asleep just like this, but I have a hazy memory of us rolling over sometime in the middle of the night, putting my head on his chest. Either way, he never lets go of me.
--------------------------------------------------------
Now, how many of you have that song from Journey in your heads?
No? Well, here ya go:
That memory of Marie's was taken from one of my other stories, Queen of Denial, in the "It hits the fan"and "Mass Hysteria" chapters.














Marie has some thinking to do. She had a messed up situation before it sounds like with the brothers and wants to avoid relationships. I get why she wouldn't want to get involved with Jesse, he's like Bryce not being really serious about anyone. That could be a bad thing. Not sure if he really likes her or the challenge of getting her so it's smart for Marie to be cautious.
ReplyDeleteBryce and Erin have a lot of emotions to work through. She still has to let him know that the Ass kissed her. He's not going to take it well, I know. :( He has some major insecurities just like Erin and I don't think either of them really faced what happened to them. She ran away and Bryce became a man-whore LOL. They both still have lots of healing to do.
Was the Ass Erin's first/only boyfriend before Bryce?
And OMG a thought just hit me....the friend or ex friend. Is she gonna come looking for the Ass (yes I refuse to type his name :P ) Erin needs to kick her ass if so!!! UGH those two deserve each other. I seriously just pictured her showing up and being at the bar trying to flirt with Bryce or something and Erin walks up. EEK!!! Ignore that. Ok I'm gonna stop typing now. LOL
Marie is very worried. Her teenage situation (and her teenage years lasted abnormally long) slowly built up and built up until it just exploded when she and the two boys her age aged up. I had originally wanted to pair her up with Dawson (the younger brother) from their childhood, but they just didn't really click as adults in my head like I thought they would.
DeleteJesse has always wanted a serious relationship, but it never happens for him because he always looks in the wrong places. That, and the fact he loves to flirt have kept him from having a serious relationship. As for Marie now, it probably IS the challenge thing. He realizes he came on too strong, but he thought a sincere apology would make it all better. Marie might just be making the smart decision to keep up her guard... if she can.
Bryce and Erin sure do. They only had a week! Then the ass shows up and throws a monkey wrench into the gears. I doubt Bryce takes what Erin has to tell him well. This isn't the same as Jesse, someone he knew and knew how he acted, etc. Bryce did his own kind of running, so he really can't point the finger at Erin and call her a runner. Man-whore LOL what movie does that make me think of... dang it! gah, I can't remember. bad memories of a skinny white butt getting waxed. oh geez. ugh.
She had a few awkward middle school relationships, but yes, he was her first and only boyfriend thru high school and after. She being so shy made her hard to approach.
That whole theme ran through my head one sleepless night. It's a possibility. You started something by refusing to type his name!
"Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself." There is no taboo curse on the name SEAN.
Still, I don't know if Erin is the type to kick someone's ass. Throw things and have a screaming fit yes, but she had Meredith right there in bed with Sean, and she didn't touch her. Maybe she could take a leaf out of Marie's book and learn a thing or two. Marie beat the crap out of Cristina... twice (once at prom LOL). Hm, I don't know if I've released those fighting poses yet. I like the one I did of the one grabbing the other's hair. >:) Back to what I'm supposed to be typing about... Yes, it's possible. Thing is, Meredith has no features in my head. Seriously. She's all greyed out.
LOL
Thanks for commenting, jazen!
Jesse looked so cute & vulnerable lost in thought sitting on the arm of the couch. If Marie saw that she'd probably let her guard down just a little lol. If he's good friends with Bryce he has to have some good qualities not, just a skirt-chaser. I mean he was even concerned about getting the furniture wet! Haha Can't be all bad!
ReplyDeleteThe scenes with Bryce & Erin were so sweet. Glad she said the right things to ease his worries a little. Don't want either of them pulling away now, not with HIM there. I think she explained her feelings for HIM well. Erin needs to tell Bryce about the kiss with HIM! Might as well get it all out now to avoid more trouble later & it's not like HE gave her any choice in the matter .
I designed that pose for Sean to sit on the stairs... like he did at the end of whatever chapter that was not too long ago. Jesse looks much cuter in it. :) It so suits the brooding side of his personality. Hehe, yeah I guess we'll never know just how Marie would've reacted had she seen him like that. If he could help it, she wouldn't have.
DeleteIf Jesse could have a 6th trait, it would be hopeless romantic. I didn't give that to him because I don't like the random idles that that trait does with guys. He's got good qualities, but yes, he does love to flirt. What he needs is one person to spend the rest of his life flirting with. LOL Pam is sometimes a little too much the mother hen around those two.
You guys are funny how you won't say SEAN. Erin is so messed up already, and SEAN showing up like he has has really not helped at all. On top of that, she has to deal with Bryce's apparent insecurities. She's getting her sea legs in this wobbly situation. Still, she probably is holding back from telling him everything. She may not even understand everything come to think of it. Oh, this makes my head hurt. LOL. She does need to tell him about the kiss, and I worry about how Bryce might take that. It was easier to understand when it was Jesse since he knew that Erin got angry about it and how much of a flirt Jesse is.
Thanks for reading, Diane!
Omg, I agree with Jazens idea of the 'friend'. Yes. Do it. I need to see Erin go all crazy on her ass.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't work out why I should have that song in my head until I realised it was the title! Haha, I got a bit excited when I saw you'd posted this because I'd just read the last chapter of Jazz Singer and then went to my dashboard and this was there. I didn't read the chapter title, but now I do have that song in my head :p
Oh, Marie. I completely understand why she doesn't want to date at the moment, but she should at least let Jesse stick up for her in a fight! Yeah, I know, she's a bit of a feminist and wants to think she doesn't need a man to save her, but she clearly admired him fighting for her, even if she won't admit it to herself. And I think she was watching for him, secretly hoping he would turn up and give her some attention ;)
Jesse <3. I just wanted to give him a big hug and say 'it will be ok!'. He's such a good friend (I've forgiven the kiss) and would be good for Marie. Yes, he's... 'well travelled'... but he's not going to cheat on her or get her involved in some super-confusing love trapezoid! I think he may be backing off at the wrong moment though, I think Marie is beginning to realise that he isn't all bad news and that all men aren't the same.
I love that these two were both thinking about each other, but in different ways. Marie was thinking how annoying Jesse was, and then slowly convincing herself he wasn't all that bad, while Jesse was thinking how much he like-liked Marie, and deciding to back off. Almost opposites! I hope something clicks in Marie soon and she apologises for how mean she's been to him.
I'm proud of Erin for finally realising who Sean was, "I was in love with someone who didn't exist". Perfect summary there, well done! She definately had her rose-tinted specs on when she was with him!
I was shocked and kinda annoyed at Bryce. (Probably would have been more annoyed if he's had his shirt on...) Was a couple of hours after it all happened realy the best time to have that conversation? I get that he was paranoid and wanted to put his mind as ease, but did he consider how she would feel about it? Lucky for him, she's a lot stronger than I would be in that situation! I'd be a mess. A damp puddle on the floor, Jesse wouldn't have to worry about Pam complaining to him about soggy sofas!
""Get rid of the hurt." his voice sounds in my head. "When I said that I wasn't thinking. I know for a fact it's not that easy." No, it isn't, is it? No, instead..." - What was she going to think?! ARGH!! Instead what?
""I said those things because I know men like to 'fix things' and that maybe that would -"" - ARGH!! Erin, finish your sentances, stand up for yourself and don't let Bryce cut in!
""I'm sorry for imposing myself on you, but-"" Same for you, Bryce...
I hope Erin gets on ok at the station. I assume that will be the next chapter? *Wishes her luck and hopes she can stay strong*
LOL. But like I told jazen, I don’t see Erin being one to go and kick someone’s ass. She had that opportunity when she caught her and Sean in bed (or around bed more like), and she just screamed and threw things. Maybe she could learn a little from Marie lol.
Delete:) I was just beginning listening to a Journey album, and that song was first. I stopped writing for a second and listened to the lyrics. Pretty darn close, plus the whole theme of the song itself. I just laughed a little and thought ‘I’m naming a chapter after a song like I do in CLJS’. Then on a lark I posted the link. You’re welcome hehe.
Marie is so much on her guard that she wouldn’t even allow Jesse the honor of defending her. In her mind, that’s what she should’ve been doing, not him. Still, she realizes she should probably thank him sometime when her temper has simmered down. There’s a lot that she won’t admit to herself, and that was the fun part to write. I’m having more fun coming up with future events too hehe. LOL, yes, she was watching for him, and he spent the whole afternoon at Pam’s. She’s just trying to convince herself that she was only watching for him so that he couldn’t sneak up on her. Right.
I just love Jesse. I didn’t really like introducing him as the jealous best friend, but that’s who he was in the beginning. Luckily, he bounces back easily and has the charisma to let everyone around him do the same thing - something that Bryce needs frequently. However, Marie has him a little confused. Just a little. He realizes that she might need to work through her problems, but why can’t they hang out together anyway? LOL. Ugh, that love trapezoid just about drove me nuts. Hm, maybe he doesn’t need to back off? hehe, Marie can’t deny that she is attracted to him. Still, he scares her because of his differences from others she’s known (well-- hm other than Greg whom she didn’t like) (Oh, that makes a hell of a lot of sense!)
I liked making them go different ways. These two are great.
Erin is starting to figure herself out just enough to make Bryce realize that she wants him, not Sean. (yay you said the name!) She’s such a mess that that was the best thing she could come up with to try and explain to him something that she herself doesn’t truly understand. She’s trying. Yes to her, Sean was the big man on campus that for some reason wanted her, and he made her feel like the most beautiful girl in the world. In my head, all the parties they went to together with her trying to hide and him trying to get her to socialize. She admired his charisma. She refused to see the self-centered prick that felt proud of himself for finding the ‘diamond in the rough’ and claiming her before any of the other guys at school had even caught on. That must make him pretty special, huh? Well, that’s part of what he thought. Erin’s romantic mind turned him into some knight in shining armor.
DeleteI had to reshoot that whole damn scene because I forgot I’d had Bryce in just his pj pants. Once I’d reread and saw that, oh I wasn’t changing that. Reshoot!
Anyway, pretty much what Bryce was thinking while Erin was curled up next to him was whether or not he should try to get it out of her. He knew it was a horrible time, but he couldn’t relax. Sean shook him up. Erin was surprised at her own inner strength through all this. She needs to give herself more credit. Still, she’s still a mess even with the inner strength.
I don’t think I’d be a huge mess if I were in her shoes. hm.
Sorry, I seem to have ignored our comment conversations these past few days *slaps hand*
DeleteScreaming and throwing things would be just as effective ;D There is plenty of chairs at that bar...
Lol, yeah right Marie, you were watching for him, hoping he'd swing by and give you some attention so you could turn him down and feel all important again ;)
Somehow I still liked Jesse even when he was just the 'jealous best friend', he seemed like a lost sheep and I wanted to hug him :) - don't give up yet Jesse!
I'm not afraid of Sean. Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean! HAH!
It sounds like Sean was good for Erin at the start, bringing her out of her shell. But it does sound like they were together longer than they needed to be.
Knight in shining armour, perfect :)
You're stronger than me, then! But I've never really had a real break up, my first 'real' relationship is still going, and I'm not exepecting it to end anytime soon. All my other relationships were in school and ended when they'd run their course, no hard feelings. I can't imagine my boyfriend cheating on me (partly because he's been cheated on in the past), especially with one of my closest friends, but I imagine I'd be extremely angry at first, and then never want to see either of them again.
If he then just showed up and kissed me, I don't know what I'd do!
FYI: The day you posted this, someone whos legacy I follow posted a link to the glee version on this song haha!
LOL
DeleteI've had a weird couple of days. We had a storm that knocked out power and I didn't realize the phone line also went dead until the power came back on. Then I just got in a bad mood. O.o I say that because I don't understand why you're slapping your hand.
Hehe, I loved writing that bit where Marie tried to tell herself she wasn't watching for him and was. :) Exactly 'feel all important again'. Bryce still liked Jesse too, and I think that's a big deal. To Bryce, if Erin had kissed Jesse back then he'd have been upset, but also a little happy for his friend. He understood Jesse couldn't help himself and probably had to get that out of his system. Yeah, weird. It's taking place in my head, and I can't explain it good/well enough. Drives me crazy when this happens. Lost sheep. :D
You go girl! LOL I'm really just teasing jazen and she probably has no idea I'm even doing it.
Sean WAS good for her in the beginning. I mean, there he was, oftentimes the Mr Hero at the (American) football games, dating the shy/slightly nerdy girl. He WANTED her to come out of her shell. I'm really considering doing a flashback chapter or two to show all of that teenage stuff. Later though probably since the next chapter is written already.
I'm only strong because I've come through it. My first major break up tore me up for a year plus. I just realized crying about it got me nowhere. Still, I remember the feeling which helps with writing Erin. I hope your relationship never ends as well. :) In my mind, you've passed several hurdles already probably, giving it staying power.
I can't hear this song without hearing the Glee version as well and seeing Will driving in his car, singing it. :D
Sorry to hear about the storm and power loss! We don't really get storms like that over here, but it's been very windy for the last few days, and even though the wind is icy cold, the sun was shining. Until today when it snowed again, and then got a bit warmer and turned to rain. Now it's just windy, rainy and miserable :(
DeleteI don't think Bryce and Jesse would ever fall out, not properly. They might have little disagreements, but they've been through a lot. And of course 'bros before hos'.
If the next chapter is written (2 days ago!) then why are we waiting?!
Teenage flashbacks could be an idea. Would be nice to see the Sean Erin fell for, as he is at the moment, I can't imagine anyone falling for him. But of course, we're all biased because we're supposed to like Erin and Bryce together ;)
I'm sorry to hear you've been through a bad break up! I'm glad you got through it, and now you have the experiance to help with your story writing, so some good came from it :)
Aww, that's a sweet thing to say, but nobody ever plans to break up! We've not really had any major hurdles, we've been together over 4 years now, and when it started out we were working together and he was my boss :/. It's a lot easier now we don't work together, but we moved in together just after my 18th birthday when we'd been together 5 months, and it didn't feel rushed until I look back on it and realise we only went on 2 real dates and then it was the whole 'meet the family and friends' moments, and then we spent most evenings together and I'd stay the night 4/5 nights a week, and it just made sense to move my stuff over.
I've never watched Glee (but both my sisters are huge Gleeks), I like the songs, but the TV show just doesn't appeal to me. I tend to watch documentaries on TV and usually just spend my whole life online lol :)
I think they heard me all the way upstairs (I live in front of my computer in the basement when allowed lol) when I cracked up laughing from 'bros before hos'. AHAHAHAHAHAAH!
DeleteYes, it's been two days! over a week since this update I knows okay! :P I had a *cough* naughty pose to make and I couldn't have kids around while I did it. Then, OF COURSE, hubs walks in. Quick! Minimize blender! He'd just laugh at me. I have my whole plan for the next chapter. I just gotta go make the shots.
I have my brain exploding with Jesse/Marie ideas that are screaming to be written so idk what to do about the high school scenes now. Then there's that other person we need to watch out for... hehe. >:) That's probably a ways off though. maybe. Still, it would be fun to have the geeky Erin.
Exactly. The breakup helps, crazy as that sounds.
Your boss?! whoa. :D LOL I knew if any boyfriend I had survived the 'meet my family' bit then he was a keeper. Luckily, my husband came from a family even crazier than mine. >.>
I don't watch much TV. It's how my husband forces me to get off the computer and spend time with him. I watch Glee (when netflix has the seasons), Vampire Diaries, and Once Upon A Time. That's about it. Used to watch Lost, but the last season got too hard too follow.
We all know how much we can learn from documentaries... >:)
Haha, 'bros before hos' is the only bit of male logic I understand ;)
DeleteI loled at you sneakily making naughty poses and hiding them from your husband :p
The high school scenes can be just dreams, or Erin telling stories to Bryce (although that second one is a little weird...) and don't have to take up a full chapter. Eg: This is what Erin is dreaming about, meanwhile, Jesse and Marie are...
I know, you can imagine what kind of reputation that earnt me, especially as I'd only worked there a few months when we started dating. It's actually harder than you realise to separate work and home. We had to just act like co-workers at work, and not even think about work once we left. It was like we were actors lol. My family is pretty crazy, and huge. I have 12 cousins who are loud and energetic, 4 aunts, 3 uncles, two grandfathers, one grandmother, and then there's my grandpas family he gained after he remarried when my gran died, so thats 5 more step aunt/uncles (some of whom are younger than me) and a step grandmother.
He only has his parents, a brother, a sister and a set of grandparents so it was easy and quiet for me, I think he was a little overwhelmed when he finally met the whole lot lol.
I watched Lost. I started watching it at the second to last season, so had to watch about 6 seasons at once to catch up (it doesn't make it any easier to understand). My boyfriend likes sci-fi, so we tend to watch things like Fringe, Stargate(which finished ages ago) and anything else with time travel/aliens involved. He likes it when they spend years researching the sciency facts to get it right. I suppose that makes it almost a documentary itself...
It took me so long to work out what you meant by that last line. Now I've finally worked it out, I'm laughing so much :D
The aftermath chapter is both explosive and gentle. Marie is explosive and Jesse is gentle, but they are separate. Erin and Bryce on the other hand are explosive and gentle together. Just an observation. Oh by the way I have always been pronouncing Marie's name as Mah-ree, I have a friend and that's the way she pronounces it. As for the song can't say as I've ever heard it...sorry. I think Erin will come clean about the kiss, heck he has given her a reason to, '"Erin, if I'm going to help you get rid of him, then you have to be completely, brutally if necessary, honest."' not telling him now will only make his insecurities multiply. You can bet your bottom dollar, he that can't be mentioned by me, (because the others refuse to) will at the first opportunity. No relationship is all bad, at least not at first, if it was it would never have progressed to a relationship. So sometimes we do think about what it was or what might have been or maybe when did it go from there to here, and in that instance we remember the hurt, betrayal... yada yada yada. Take heart Erin he loves you, Bryce that is, and he will understand. (note to author he will, won't he?)
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, lol, I didn't have a better way to describe that name pronunciation. I pronounce it mah-ree as well, and so does she even if the r is a little softer. gah. That wasn't executed well. The main idea is the way he moves his mouth gets to her.
DeleteMarie is a little harder for me to write because she's tougher than me. Explosive at times, yes (I do do that lol I'm a cross between Ginger and Erin I guess) her first instinct is to fight.
Jesse really does use his 'brooding' personality trait quite often. Sometimes, he doesn't always bounce back as quickly as he lets on even if it might be faster than some. Still, everything is beginning to wear on him. Now he's found a local that he's really interested in (and isn't taken) yet she pushes him away. So, new tactic. :)
Yes, that is the perfect opening for Erin to use to tell Bryce about her kissing Sean. (his name is Sean. grrr see the above Hermoine Granger quote in jazen's response lol) Still, I have to wonder if he could really handle the brutal truth. Yes, if she DOESN'T tell him, it'll just make it worse, so I guess we'll just wait and see. Oh, SEAN would love to point out to Bryce what happened at his earliest convenience. He was about to when the deputy showed up.
Erin and SEAN's relationship started out like a fairy tale for her. So, yes it was great in the beginning and middle. It probably would've continued in the same way had SEAN not had his moment of self-centered-ness (for lack of something better to call it) with Erin in denial about the darker side to his character.
Well, it was Bryce that said that it's hard to NOT kiss someone back when they're kissing you. His opinion. Hopefully, he'll remember that and also know that it was fed by good memories before they got overshadowed by the pain and hurt. Hopefully he won't be so very insecure from Sean acting like he meant nothing to Erin and let that cloud his reasoning.
Thanks for reading, Karleen!
Marie sounds like she has a lot of baggage. Funny she ran away to a new town, but there's no running from her past and memories.
ReplyDeleteI think Jesse's come to the right conclusion, he does need to back off a little, he's just as messed up as Marie is.
What a strange answer Erin gave to Bryce. But he seemed content with it. I don't think he'll be that content if and when he does find out about her kiss with Sean.
Exactly. Just like with Erin, you can move away physically, but the emotional problems follow you anyway. At least she appears determined somewhat to take care of and get past those memories.
DeleteJesse may act the lovable idiot really well, but he's not stupid. I'm glad you agree with him that he needs to back off from Marie. Although, now he has the little problem of - does he continue like he used to and flirt with whatever 'nice piece of tail' that comes his way? I wonder if he'll even be able to.
Her answer is a little strange, but she really hasn't figured herself out enough to give Bryce a better one. Bryce wasn't going to demand it of her, but now that Sean is here everything has come on faster than planned. I don't think he'll be that content either when he hears about the kiss.
Yay. you said his name! jazen was starting something. LOL
Thanks for commenting, Val!
~ And for a minute she started to kiss him back,lost in the past & the good times flooding her thoughts! She will have to tell him,as it is worse than Jesse's kiss,as she did kiss Sean back!
ReplyDelete~ I do not know how that will sit with Bryce,but the sooner she tells him the better,before it does become a big deal,or Sean points it out!
~ As I do not see Sean going away,he has it in his head that Bryce is just a re-bound guy!
~ Marie needs time to sort herself out,& Jesse needs to let her have that time,the more he pushes the more she gets her back up at him!But he has not thought,that maybe his passed is getting in the way of his future!It is literally biting him in the butt with her!
~ It is not over yet,it has just begun,Sean will not give in lightly!
~ Erin,has not really dealt with it yet!
~ Loved it but not looking forward to the aftermath! (",)
~She didn't realize she'd been kissing him until it was too late, but then she came to her senses and stopped. Very true, this was worse than Jesse's kiss because of the emotion behind it. I don't envy her telling him. He probably won't take it well.
Delete~Sean is probably ITCHING to point that out to Bryce. He just didn't get his chance.
~Sean, at first, thought Bryce was a rebound, but when Erin still refused him and he saw them hugging on the porch like he did before the squad car drove away hit home finally. She just might be actually trying to move on. Not good news for Sean and his plans.
~Marie has loads of issues. Jesse really stumbled into a bees nest with this one. I'm actually a little proud of Marie for wanting to sort out her issues before dating. I personally would be more like Erin and try to run from them. Marie can get hard for me to write sometimes.
LOL Jesse might have to rethink his game because yet, his past is biting him right in the butt!
~Nope, you're right. Sean's not going anywhere. (yay, his name)
~Thanks! This storm surge is going to be messy.
Marie needs to sort things out with Jesse. Bryce and Erin really need to sort thing out so they can move on and get rid of Seas at the same time.
ReplyDeleteMarie needs to sort out a lot of things in her own head. She's regretting Andy, (the older brother) and she can't move on until she takes care of that.
DeleteBryce and Erin have the tough job of dealing with all their baggage while trying to stay together as a couple. They each are the perfect one to help each other, but they are also the one that can hurt the other one the most.
Thanks for reading and commenting!
Marie does need time to sort things out in her head. I love how Bryce and Erin's story is unfolding ..there is both tenderness and passion there. I hope Sean either gets the hint or someone shows him where the door is...and swiftly kicks him out of it. Can't wait to read more.
ReplyDeleteYes, Marie has a lot to sort through. Still, she has to admit she likes the attention from Jesse. ;)
DeleteBryce and Erin's story will hopefully continue to unfold and develop, and hopefully Sean will get shown the door, like you said. :)
I've got the next chapter written, I just need to go in and take pics! That, or take a teen chapter pic session and do it backwards... hm.
Thanks for reading!
It's taken a couple days but I just finished your story, I love it! I love how Bryce's and Erin's story is unfolding!
ReplyDeleteWow, thank you! Thank you for taking the time to read it and I'm glad you're loving it. :)
DeleteGreat chapter. At least Erin and Bryce actually seem able to move forward with each other now that they've faces Sean together. I wonder what will happen once he gets out? Marie is even more of a mess than Erin in some ways I think and Jesse isn't as understanding as Bryce so I don't know how that will play out. lol.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteErin and Bryce have faced their first real test. You're right, nothing to do now but move on. I hope they can.
I can't imagine that there will be many happy people when he gets out. Hopefully, another scene like earlier can be avoided.
Very true. Marie is a real mess, but she's trying to work through it in this new environment. I worry sometimes that her and Erin's stories are TOO similar, but I hope I'm bringing in enough differences. Hehe, no, Jesse isn't as understanding as Bryce since he thinks everyone should be able to bounce back like he can at least to some extent. This might just be a learning experience for him as well.
Thanks for reading, jb!
Well, I thought the rebound thing got to Bryce. I'm glad he talked to Erin about it and cleared that up instead of letting it eat at him.
ReplyDeleteI think for Jesse, backing off is the right thing to do. Marie needs more time, and she's going to resist any attempt he makes. But, when she's alone, she thinks about him. If he keeps leaving her alone, and she keeps on thinking about him...
That took a lot out of Bryce to talk about all that immediately like he did, but he knew if he didn't that it would haunt him mercilessly. Or eat at him like you put.
DeleteHehe, I wonder if Jesse will realize that. Still, he's going to go with his plan of leaving her alone as much as he can. :)
Thanks for commenting!
Hmm. That wasn't enough. It was too easy for Bryce to accept that, and she didn't tell him enough. I can't figure out which way this is going to go, but I'm guessing you're going to monkey-wrench it somehow :P In short, her answer was good, in that she pointed out it had been months since she left Sean (and maybe she should reemphasize that SHE left SEAN), and that she decided she wanted a relationship and wanted it with Bryce. But even with that, I doubt that's enough to shut up his mind about it, and he still doesn't know that she kissed Sean back, even if only for a moment--and that it was because of 'good memories'. But, given all that's happened to them this day, it was a good enough resolution *for the moment*. And it was sweet, them clinging to each other.
ReplyDeleteGood call Jesse, on stepping back. When he was sitting in Bryce's house waiting for him to get back, I just wanted to reach through my monitor and give Mufasa a hug. Although maybe if he does get laid, he needs to do so discreetly due to Marie's thoughts about his womanizer history. Kinda glad to see that Marie's not completely immune to him though. But they both have some sorting out to do on their own. If Jesse wants a serious relationship, he needs to carefully consider before going after Marie simply because she presents a challenge.
Nope, it wasn't enough. It was probably just about all they could handle for that moment, I guess. She still couldn't bring herself to tell him about the kiss. Me? Monkey-wrench? Perish the thought! haha, you've got me figured out already LOL! Good point SHE left HIM. It's going to take a while for Bryce's mind to shut up about the rebound thing. Burying his insecurities only made them go deeper. They may have been good memories for Erin, but she realized that that's all it is. Good memories. And they're hollow. Yes, that was a decent 'for the moment' resolution. well put.
DeleteIKR! I love my Mufasa. That whole 'you never get a second chance to make a first impression' thing really has come back to bite him in the balls. Hm, being discreet might prove to be difficult with that 'everyone in everyone else's bizness' mentality, almost, of the island residents.
Marie likes him! Problem is, she doesn't like that she likes him. Her main problem is her first boyfriend, Andy. He didn't Really do anything wrong, and he begged her not to move to Sunlit Tides. Hm, almost familiar parallel to Erin ... almost. Jesse is getting a clue that he needs to give Marie a little space to work out her ex-boyfriend baggage. He's just iffy on the time scale. The challenge is what is really pulling him in. :)
Lots of angsty drama still going on. :)
ReplyDeleteI rather hope Marie opens her eyes and mind a bit more. Jesse does seem smitten.
Bryce best not pull some stunt now, getting all feely-sorry-for-meselfish. heh
I guess it is best to put it all on the table though.
I'm working very hard to keep from gushing right now. It's so good to hear from you again!
DeleteYes, of course, the angst still reigns supreme. :-)
Marie has closed herself off so much, and Jesse has no idea how deep her problems lie. That said, he may be just the stubborn son of a gun that Marie needs.
Bryce pull a stunt? Lol. :-)
exactly
I think Jesse is right to back off from Marie right now. She needs some space to see if she's really ready to start a new relationship without allowing the old ones to cloud her feelings. She needs to clear her head and her heart. She needs to decide what she wants without extra pressure. She's attracted to him and she needs to see for herself if that attraction outweighs her fears.
ReplyDeleteBryce really did need to have that honest conversation with Erin about his fear that he was a rebound and that she was still in love with Sean. I'm glad that he does seem to fully accept her feelings for him now and that he isn't a rebound relationship for her. They need each other.
It really is a smart idea for him to back off. The only problem with that is that he hopes his 'backing off' will make Marie want him more. He's not consciously admitting that to himself, but rest assured, it's going on in the back of his mind.
DeleteMarie is having to push ahead on her healing 'schedule' because of her almost-unwanted to Jesse.
Bryce, the real Bryce, is really good with serious talks. He prefers things to be out in the open, and Ashley leaving him due to a possible miscommunication has only augmented that aspect of his personality. He's wavering back and forth from believing to doubting that Erin really loves him.
They DO need each other. With a little patience on both sides, they should make it.
Marie's life up until now sounds complicated. It sounds like a lot has happened and she has to sort through everything to help her realise all the little parts that make up the whole. I wonder how her and Jesse are gonna work things out/ If they do - which I hope they will. Jesse's done a lot of thinking himself, and I like that he's figured things out so far. Poor guy wants to be serious for a change and comes across all wrong!! Hopefully giving her some space will help.
ReplyDeleteMarie's been through a rougher life than some.
DeleteJesse's quite the brooder, so thinking like that, at least when he's by himself, isn't uncommon.
Lol. That's not quite how meditating works Marie. 🙃 I'm pretty sure you're supposed to relax and clear your mind. Those confused thoughts about the past and romance don't allow much room for any of that. At least she seems to have decided to not be quite so gruff with Jesse.
ReplyDeleteOh, Jesse. There's another overexcited sufferer. Bless him for thinking about the furniture. xD
There goes that trust issue for Bryce again. If she'd confessed to kissing Sean back (however briefly) there, would he have believed her stating he's not a rebound at all?
Yup. Meditation fail. Too many thoughts to clear, exactly. Her childhood wasn't a cakewalk. It could've been worse, but it wasn't easy either. She probably'll stop biting his head off at least, but she's wary.
DeleteLOL on your comment about the furniture. He's definitely one to want to jump into stuff, and that explains a lot why he's hurt so many times.
That gets answered...