Tuesday, January 22, 2013

31: Hurricane



Sorry most of the pictures are dark. It was nighttime, and I didn't want to try to make it look otherwise.
Also, I jump around from different perspectives much more often than normal because of the way this chapter flows. Of course, we start in Erin's perspective:

--------------------------------------




     "There you are."

       A sudden jolt of adrenaline rushes through me as the frighteningly-familiar voice carries over to me. No, I think as I can't get enough air into my lungs to respond. I can't move. I don't want to turn my head. Seeing him would only bring on more of the reality that he's here. How did he find me?!

      "You know, you really should wear a helmet if you're going to drive that thing," he says to me as he gets up and walks over.
       "Sean," I let out as a whisper.
        "The one and only!" he says joyfully. Hands on my shoulders turn me to face him, and I see that boyish grin that I used to love so much smiling at me.
      "What are you doing here?" I breathe.
      "I had to find you," he says, his hands on my shoulders feeling like lead weights. He puts on a more serious expression before he says, "Damn it, Erin. Do you have any idea how much it hurt me when you just up and disappeared? You didn't even tell Bill, and I had to deal with him asking me what I did with you. Then your mom tells me you moved out of town!"

       I try to turn my face away from his eyes, but he snaps his hands up to hold it in place.
       "I had to hire a private damn detective to find you. Why did you leave?"
      "Because I could no longer stand to be in the same town as you," I answer him with a glare. "You or her."

        "I never should've listened to that slut. I've told you this! She caught me in a weak moment, and I don't know what I was thinking. Nobody can compare to you," he says and starts to kiss my cheek.
      I try to back away, and that earns me his arm going around my waist to stop me. "Let go of me," I snap and push against him, dropping my keys in the sand in the process.
      "The last time I did that, you left me. Now, why the hell should I do it again?" A small scowl covers his features as he says, "I've missed you, Erin."
      "Well, I haven't missed you. I'm happy here."
      "You want us to live here? I can pull a few strings and probably get a transfer," he says with a touch of hope in his voice.

       "I don't want us to live here. I don't want anything to do with you anymore!"
      "Please don't say stuff like that," he says as he runs his thumb across my lips with his free hand. "I know. I was stupid, and I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you if that's what it takes. Erin, you've just got to forgive me! Here I made this tremendous effort to find you. I don't want it to be worthless. Did you think that I'd just give up and let you go? Give me a second chance. You can't just throw away all we had just like that."
      "Oh yes I can! You slept with my best friend."
      He growls, "And it was a mistake. We can work this out. I'm trying to fix it!" He starts backing up towards my house. His feet hit my keys, and quick as a blink, he bends down to pick them up. I use that opportunity to try and get away again.

    "No," he says in reaction to my escape attempt. "Let's go inside and talk about this. We can start over here, if you want. Take things slow." His eyes tell me that his definition and my definition of 'taking it slow' are two totally different things.
      I do not want to get in that house with him! My heart starts beating like crazy in my chest with the implication of what he meant when he said 'talk about this.' I know him too well to believe that all he wants is talking.
     "No, Sean!" I yell as my feet start sliding in the sand.
    "Please, Erin," he breathes just before he pulls my neck towards him and his lips press against mine. I try to scream and push away from him, but he uses that chance to invade my mouth with his tongue. My next noise is too quiet.
       I continue to try to get out of his too-tight hold of me as happier memories flood my mind. For instance, I remember the time when someone had bumped me on purpose in the hallway at school and then laughed when I'd dropped all the books I carried. He'd been nearby at the time and caught the dickhead that did it before forcing him to come over and apologize to me. Then he asked me out as he helped me pick up my books. I start shaking as I remember how nervous I'd been.
      Nooooo, I think as I try to shove those good memories away and remind myself what an asshole he is. I'd begun to kiss him back as I'd been remembering, and I stop that right now as I shove against him.

      He growls in aggravation as he finally abandons my mouth for my throat instead. "Don't say you feel nothing for me because that would be lying. Let's go inside and talk." He tries to pull me with him while he backs up without completely leaving my neck and shoulders alone.
      "No! Leave me alone, Sean!" I yell. I'm in danger, and I can't get him off of me by myself. All those people that frequent the diner, and no is coming out to help me. They don't know.
       "Help!" I yell, hoping that someone hears me.
       "Stop it, Erin," he snaps.
     Wait, what was that I'd once heard someone say? In this situation, you get better results with... "Fire! Help! Fire!"
        "What the hell are you talking about?" he asks as he starts to pick me up.

         "I think the lady isn't interested in kissing you, mister," I hear a voice from behind me say. I think it's my neighbor Mr. Strong.
          "Go mind your own damn business," Sean snaps.
           I continue to fight Sean. "No! Help. Please," I beg my neighbor.
           "You need to let go of her," he says plainly, a threat in his voice.
           "So I can kick your ass?" Sean asks before throwing me to the side.

      "I'm giving you two seconds to turn your geeky ass around and get lost," Sean threatens as he advances on him.
       Mr. Strong's eyes jerk to the side in a wordless command to run. I don't think twice and make tracks to Bryce's house.

     "Erin! Get back here!" I hear just before a punch gets thrown. I don't turn around to see who punched whom. I swear it sounds like Sean grunts in pain as he hits the dirt, but that can't be.
        I keep running and pull my phone out of my pocket. My hands shake so much that I drop it in the dirt. Cursing, I pick it up and dust it off, not bothering to look around me. I'm afraid that if I see him coming I'll freeze up, so I keep heading to Bryce's house. Please, Bryce. Pick up your phone!
        He's just got to have a key hidden somewhere! I think frantically since I've realized there's no one at home. Pam and Simon are at their house, not Bryce's like they were last weekend. I'd forgotten, and I'd have to pass by my house again to get to them.
        I hear Bryce's moderately-happy voice answer the phone, "Erin! Did you -"
        "Please tell me you have a key hidden somewhere," I interrupt quietly and frantically.
        "Huh?"

        "Please, just tell me where!"
        "Erin, what's going on?"
        "It's Sean. I need to hide in your house. Please! He could be right behind me!" Even if that was Sean that hit the dirt a few seconds ago, no way did he stay down.

Bryce



      "Go around to the back. The left deck chair as you face the house. Lift up the armrest. There's a little pocket carved out." I give her quick instructions as Marie's head pops up and she watches me with alarm.
       "Got it," Erin says quietly. The slight crying in her voice tears me up. "I can hear him!" she whispers.
       "Get inside!" What's happened to make her so terrified? "Hide in the bathroom." There's nothing but a whimper on the other end of the line as Marie gets in the passenger side of my car.
       "What are you doing?" I ask Marie. Then I rethink and say, "No, wait. I could use someone like you."
       "I know," she says as we peal out of the parking lot, leaving Jones to manage the bar alone.
       We get to my house, and sure enough, I see a man wandering around, looking around all over the place like he's lost someone. Marie hops out of the car silently and hides behind my bushes. The man, Sean, turns around when I push my car door closed, and I finally see the face of the bastard that hurt Erin so bad. He smiles in a friendly way and walks towards me.

     "Hello. I wonder if you can help me. Did you see a blonde run this way?" he asks with that irritating smile still on his face. He has no idea who I am.
      Well, time to let him know. "You mean my girlfriend?" I ask, and the smile disappears.
      "Um, no. Her name is Erin, and -"
      "That's the one," I interrupt, watching his every move and happy I have a 'ninja' hiding near me. Still. I'd better not get interrupted as I beat the crap out of this motherfucker in a matter of seconds.
     "Well, now I can guess where she went. Who the fuck are you really?" he asks, glaring and standing with his feet apart. He watches me as closely as I watch him.
     "I'm the man that's picked up the pieces of her life and started putting them back together. Though, I need to thank you for being an asshole. If you weren't, she wouldn't be here." I shift my weight to my left foot. "And here is where she's going to stay, where she's better off."
     "Like you have any say about it," he snaps, and I can see the rage quickly building inside him.
     I shrug. "I don't, but I'm not the dick that cheated on her."

     The tense atmosphere around us ignites, and he charges at me after he says, "All you are is a fucking rebound!" I side-step and grab hold of neck just as his shoulder rams into my stomach.

     A distant roll of thunder rumbles through the sky as it starts to cloud up directly overhead. I waste no time in ramming my knee into his chest before I shove him into the dirt.

     Before he can get up, I pounce on him with my hands around his throat. For a moment, I'm reminded of last Friday night when Erin ran away from me. Her brokenhearted expression crosses my mind's eye. This asshole never deserved her, and the world would be better off without him.
      I hear Marie behind me say, "Bryce, don't."
      "I'm no fucking rebound," I growl. "She loves me."
      "Bullshit," he croaks. Then, unexpectedly, he somehow throws his legs up against my back, and I go face-first into the grass. As I work on spitting out the mouthful of dirt and grass I have, he gets up off of the ground. "So, she's in your house." Then he starts walking towards the front door.
      I work on getting up as fast as I can when I hear Marie again, "Oh, I don't think so. You're going to leave now."
       "I don't have time for this shit!" Sean yells. "Get out of my fucking way or I'll move you myself."
       "Hah!" Marie scoffs as she side-steps again to block his path.

     Another peal of thunder happens as Sean goes to punch Marie. Asshole! You'd really hit a girl?! Marie, of course, dodges him.

      I've got to get her to teach me how to do that. It's like it's automatic with her... like she doesn't even think, I think as Marie throws Sean to the ground. His head smacks the pavement, and he doesn't move. He's still breathing. Damn.
       She stands fully back up as I say, "Well, he's not going anywhere."
       Marie's pride is almost palpable as she stands and watches him quietly.
     "Let me go check on Erin. I'll call Jesse, and we'll take and dump this asshole somewhere." I'm happy she took him out, but I wish I'd done it. I'm not finished with him; however, I still need to go check on Erin.

       I check the downstairs bathroom first, and I find her there, crying while curled into a tight ball. "Erin," I breathe as I crouch on the floor next to her. I desperately want to hold her, but the tight ball she's curled into prevents me from doing so.
      "Is he gone?" she asks as I tilt her head up. Tear stains cover her cheeks, and I reach up to wipe them away. A loud crack sounds overhead as a lightning bolt must've struck somewhere nearby. It's going to pour any minute now with as hot a day as it was.
       "He's... down for the count." I quickly text Jesse come by house need help with problem asap, and then I return my attention to her. "Tell me what happened," I request as I try to get her arms to let go of her legs. I get that she's a little afraid he showed up out of nowhere, but this is more than that.


Marie


     I'd foolishly gone and watched the gathering storm from the beach. I didn't expect the asshole to get up.
     After a few minutes, I hear someone yelling for Erin from the other side of the house. Shit.

      "I thought I told you to leave," I say harshly as I run over to him.
      He half-turns in my direction and looks at me like I'm nothing but an annoying fly. "You again. Mind your own business and get lost, you little French bitch."

     I let my anger from the insult cloud my thinking for only a few seconds, and I don't see the punch coming. I feel my body falling to the ground, and I'm unable to stop it from landing hard on the grass. My world gets a little fuzzy.


Jesse


     I get a text from Bryce after I get home from Pam's. Scowling as I read it, I wonder what the heck is going on. A problem. What problem? I think as I walk over to his house.
      When I get there, I see Marie of all people running up to some strange guy. I hear him call her a bitch and punch her.

     It starts raining, and rage boils instantaneously inside of me.

    "I am more than capable of taking care of myself," runs through my mind as I remember what Marie said just last night.
      The asshole says, "I owed you that. Now leave me the fuck alone. This isn't your damn fight!"
      He turns away from her and acts like he's about to try the front door. I have no idea who this guy is, but I want to rip him to shreds.

    He doesn't see me coming before I grab the scruff of his shirt, pull him back and slam him against the side of Bryce's house. The rain gets heavier as he looks at me with a 'what the fuck?!' expression on his face.
     "So you like to punch girls?" I ask him threateningly.
     The previous expression leaves his face as he replies, "When they've karate-chopped my head into the pavement, yes."
      I punch him. In doing so, I've released him from the wall a little. He recovers and tries to punch me back, but I lean away from his swing. We continue like this for a little while, sometimes making contact, sometimes missing.

     I hear a groaning sound come from Marie, and I decide I've had enough of this bullshit. As much as I love a good fight, I need to cut this one short. He lands a few feet away after my kick sends him back.

     The bastard lies on the ground as the rain continues to pick up, and he coughs. Marie looks out of it, and she closes her eyes to keep out the rain.
     "Marie?" I ask as I crouch down and reach over to shield her face from the rain. I need to get her inside. She looks over at me like she's annoyed I'm here. I guess that means she's okay. "Marie, we need to get you inside."
     "I'm fine," she lightly snaps. "It's not the first time I've been punched in the jaw."
     "Let me help you up," I say, ignoring her wordless plea to leave her alone. As she tries to bat my hand away, I just get hold of it and also get my other hand around the back of her neck to help her sit up. When she does, she holds her head like she's dizzy.

    "You sonofabitch!" I hear Bryce growl from behind me.
    "Holy shit," the bastard says as he starts to sit up.
    "Go inside to 'talk' huh?" Bryce continues. "You thought you could just waltz in and try something like that?"
     "I love her, and I had to try to make her remember she still loves me. I was planning on talking..."
     "Would that be before or after you rape her?"
      Holy shit. This must be the ex.

    A siren sounds in the distance as I wordlessly convince Marie to let me help her stand up.
    "Don't, Bryce," Marie tells him. "He's not worth jail." It's now that I turn a little and see a gun in Bryce's hand.
     "He was trying to break into my house and take what's valuable to me. I'm well within my rights to shoot him," Bryce says with forced calm as he explains to Marie a mostly-obscure law.
    "Look, she never mentioned to me a boyfriend!" Sean cries out. "I'd never guessed she'd rebounded this fast."
     "I'm no fucking rebound."
     The man must've picked up Bryce's name from us. "Listen, Bryce, I came here to..." He pauses as a squad car pulls up on the street next to the house.
      Marie wobbles around now that I've pulled her up to a standing position.
     "Lower your weapon, Bryce," we hear Deputy Keilani say as he walks up to us in the pouring rain. He's been a deputy here for as long as I've been here and probably long before then too. He's a good patron of The Flamingo, and we've raised many a glass together. Of course, he's also broken up several parties I attended.
     "He's trying to break into my house... among other things," Bryce growls, but he puts his hand down at his side.
       "He also left Julian laying in the street. Maggie called, and I've come to get him."
       "What?!" the ex exclaims.

     Our friendly neighborhood cop comes over and arrests the ex. I can feel the irritation in Bryce that he didn't get to shoot him. I'm distracted by all this, however, when Marie stumbles again and holds her head.
      "I'm fine, Jesse. Leave me alone," she mumbles and continues to hold her head after I've rushed over and stopped her from falling. Damn, she's stubborn!
       "No, you're not. Let's get you inside and out of this crazy weather," I try to reason with her. She might need a doctor if she can't get her balance back.
       "I said leave me alone!" she snaps and jerks her arm out of my grasp.
       "I'm only trying to help!"
       "I want to go home," she says.
       Bryce speaks up from where he stands watching the bastard being led to the squad car, "I can take you home in a few minutes, if you'd like, Marie."
        "Thank you," she says stiltedly.
        I jump in. "I can take you." Then I turn to my friend and say, "Bryce, you don't have to. Stay here with Erin."
        She glares at me and says, "No thank you. I'd sooner walk. It's only water after all."

      "What is your problem?! It's only a ride!" I yell after she looks to be getting her balance back and walks away from me.
       "Not from you, it's not," she argues back, and I stand here in the pouring rain, dumfounded and mad, as she walks away and goes to sit in Bryce's car.


Erin



     The police officer asks me to come down to the station by tomorrow at the latest so that I can give my story about what happened in front of my house. I don't know what I can tell him. I ran away before any of whatever happened happened. Still, I agree to do as he asks, of course.

     Bryce looks exhausted for a moment as he looks at me and climbs the stairs. I don't care that he's soaked; I throw my arms around him anyway. I may despise Sean, but I'm glad Bryce didn't kill him.
      He sighs and wraps his arms around me, the gun still in his hand. He'd run off to get it after I told him what I feared Sean might have done if he'd gotten me inside my house.
      "Put that damn thing away, please," I say as I start to let go of him. He quickly stuffs the thing into the back of his pants and re-wraps his arms around my waist in an unspoken plea to just let him hold me for a minute. A few tears escape as I go ahead and let him. He holds me like his life depends on it.

     He clears his throat before he says quietly, "I'm going to call Pam and explain what happened and ask her to keep Adele for another night. Please stay here tonight."
      "I was hoping to," I get in quickly before he continues.
      "I'll help you upstairs if you want me to since I have to put the pistol away anyhow. Then I'm going to drive Marie home and be right back after I tell Jones to just close up the bar for the night." His arms tighten as he says, "Or, you could come with me if you want."
       The squad car drives away with my ex-fiance inside before I say, "I just want to go lie down." I feel exhausted from everything that's happened, and I don't think I can stand bouncing around everywhere while Bryce ties up all the loose ends of the day.
      "Okay," he whispers. I see him hold up a single finger for Marie to wait a minute before we go inside.

    He puts the safety back on his gun and kisses me quickly but intensely before he tells me he'll be right back. I lie down on the bed while I wait for him to come back. The rain comes down in buckets outside in the hurricane-like weather.
     I fall asleep almost immediately and dream about being back in high school, and I've forgotten my locker combination.

-----------------------------------------------

Thanks, Valpre, for indirectly naming this chapter. ;)

Also, just so everyone knows, Sean did hope to accomplish just what Erin feared he would. He mistakenly thought that would work (try to make her willing, that is) to remind her how she felt about him. Only now is it occurring to him that she could possibly have fallen for someone else... something he thought would never happen.

Oh, and to those that noticed, yes, Sean's clothes magically changed back to the ones he wore to argue with Erin's brother. I'd changed him after saving the first time then I didn't save before I quit because I was content to start at that time of day again. I forgot to change him again when I reloaded the game. That, and I forgot to change Erin's hair for the bathroom shot. Oh well.

And another thing, I've never mentioned before that Marie speaks with an accent. I don't attempt to try and type how she talks because my French sucks. Really. Really really. So, that explains how Sean knew where she was from.

48 comments:

  1. hahahahaha that was awesome. He got his ass kicked by a few people!!! I can't believe the fucking asshole hit Marie!!! UGH Jesse should have really put a hurting on him.

    What was her issue by the way? Jesse was only trying to help so is she embarrassed by being hit or because he came to her rescue?

    Yeah inside that house I have no doubt he would have forced himself on Erin. I'm glad he got arrested and that Bryce didn't shoot him, well didn't kill him. He could have shot him, just a little. LOL

    Some how I don't think this is the last we've seen of Sean. And I fear Bryce is now going to be second guessing Erin's feelings with that rebound comment. Of course that's not the case (or I hope not) but he's been so guarded that it doesn't want to get hurt again.

    UGH fucking no good bastard!!!! The nerve of him thinking she was just going to forgive him after what he did. Stupid self absorbed man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I couldn't leave it to just one. Poor Bryce tho, he wanted to be the one to really do it. He had his hands around the guy's throat at one point at least. Sean wouldn't normally hit a woman, but he got pissed at Marie for knocking him down and out like that. I loved how I made Jesse not know who the hell Sean was, but he wanted to kick his ass anyway for a different reason than everyone else.

      Marie had only planned on coming with Bryce as backup. With Bryce in the dirt like that and the bad guy headed for the door, she stepped in and did a fabulous job that her father would be proud of. HOWever... then she got the stuffing knocked out of her because (as she thinks it anyway) she let her anger cloud her thinking. She was embarrassed as hell. There she was, a blackbelt, getting knocked out by a single punch... something she'd trained to not have happen. Then, the guy she's wary of turns out to be Mr. Hero, and that makes her mad. Now she feels like she owes him, and she hopes he never figures that out. So, your guess is correct.

      Sean would've continued with some passive/aggressive behavior until he got what he wanted... Erin in bed. He figured his chances were good since she DID kiss him back for a few seconds at least.
      I debated having Bryce shoot him, but that would've messed up future storylines. It was tempting.

      No, they really don't have much on him other than the charges Maggie hopes her dad (Julian Strong) files. They haven't even touched the apparent situation going on at Bryce's house, and they probably won't since no one was seriously harmed. That hasn't really played out in my head yet so all of this is relative to what's going on inside my brain at this current moment.

      This was Bryce's worst nightmare, not just Erin's. He hasn't even heard about Erin's guilt that she kissed Sean back for a short period of time. She just couldn't get that part out yet with all that had happened. Sean wants Bryce to think he's a rebound, obviously, and that played right into Bryce's fears. He's a mess right now. Hopefully, 'cold Bryce' will not come back from the guarded way he used to act.

      LOL. Sean figured he'd have to really work hard to get her to forgive him, and he thinks his persistence will pay off in the end. Very self absorbed.

      Thanks for commenting, jazen!

      Delete
    2. Wait a minute... Sean tried to hit Marie before she knocked him down. Let me correct myself. Yeah, he's an ass. There, that works. :) He did warn her, though. Strange because he hated bullies in high school. Hm. gonna haveta think on this.

      Delete
  2. I would have loved to see the gathering storm, the lightning and thunder in the sky, it would have been something else. Beautiful. That's my only regret with this update. But the action more than made up for it.

    This meeting was just as I'd imagined it would be. Explosive on so many levels! It was a hurricane indeed!

    Sean deserves a tour of Seth's torture room in Fiendish, after acting like the bastard that he is, I think he's earned it.

    Thank God for Erin's neighbor and friends. She's going to need them in the coming days, in the wake of the storm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I was finishing this up, I too wished I'd gotten some storm pics as well, but I didn't want them so bad as to go back into the game and get them, so I did my best to create that mental image.

      I'm glad it was just as you imagined. :D I simply had to make it explosive and very involved to live up to hopeful expectations from comments received. They do make a difference in how I start planning future events.

      okay... LMAO about Seth and Sean getting together. Maybe I should lend him to jazen and let Seth have his fun.. even if, as he said it, he's not his usual type. LOL! Thing is, what if the two of them get along? Wait. Seth doesn't really get along with anyone.

      Erin's never really met her closest neighbors other than a short hello and a wave when she first got there. I actually had her meet Julian and his daughter first at the park next to her house and then at the park where she first met Bryce. (he and Maggie were also there) So, I thought it would be a nice surprise to have a townie come to her rescue like that. "I always rely on the kindness of strangers". LOL
      Yes, she'll need all the support she can get, and hopefully, Bryce will stop those fears threatening to overpower him and be more of a help to her.

      Thanks for reading, Val!

      Delete
  3. First of all-
    Bravo! Well done!
    So apparently Sean holds more threat to Erin than we thought- Not just trying to woo her back but physically as well. Jerk! he found out he came to the wrong town- Erin had help from around every corner! Marie- I hope she's waiting around the corner for him when he's let out of jail & causes him to talk in a higher octave for the rest of his life not to mention end his hope for children- ever.Hmmm wonder what his next move will be...He's obviously not one to let things go & give up easily. I think marie was reminded that although she's tough she's still fallible & just took out her frustration on Jesse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I forgot to change my identity from my username here-
      Blondian aka Diane Taylor

      Delete
    2. Your secret identity is out!!! Muahahahaha!

      Thanks! I was stressing this one. So much foreshadowing went into this that I wanted to get it right.

      Blogger destroyed my original comment, so now I'm going to attempt to remember what I put here.
      Yes, Sean has figured out that there is some shred of something left when Erin kissed him back for those few seconds, and he probably won't let it drop. He banking on all those good memories she has of them together to overshadow the bad one, even if it's a terrible one. Now, the stakes are higher since he sees she's got someone new. He can easily overpower her physically because, as Valpre says, "Erin is such a girl." and it's true. She knows little self defense. She's never needed it before. LOL he's in for some surprises in this little community.

      Marie - LMBO!!! Sean said he owed her that punch, well, now she feels she owes him one right back. He's made an enemy. 'hope for children' -- ugh, do we really need more like him in the world?

      No, Sean doesn't give up easily. However, right now he has the little problem of being locked up for beating the crap out of Julian Strong. He really took out his frustrations on the poor man. That reminds me... I need to download some CC.

      Exactly. Marie couldn't stand it that she let her emotions rule her for a couple crucial seconds. She's been training for at least 10 years in the backyard/upstairs room with her dad learning to control things like that. Her pride crashed into despair that she failed. ... and then the man she's very wary of comes and plays the part of Mr. Hero. She hate that she feels she owes him, and she hopes he never figures out that she does.

      Thanks for commenting, Blondian... I mean Diane. :)

      Delete
  4. Well, shit...

    I originally read this last night on my tablet, and the pictures were too dark. They're fine on my laptop, although I was reading too fast to properly look at them so I'll have to go back again.

    I was shocked that Bryce had a gun, but then I realised you're American and it's normal to have guns where you are, if he'd pulled that out in England then it would have been Bryce being arrested not Sean! Still, didn't think he'd have a need for one in this quiet little town!
    I love how many people were there to help Erin out. She's not even lived there two weeks and already has friends that would fight for her, they're sweet.
    I also loved that even though Sean is military, he is awful at fist-fights. He obviously spends more time fighting with guns and tanks and so is a little out of shape. HAH! He deserved everything he got, infact, he deserved more than he got, but the police stepped in (lucky really, I have no doubt that Bryce would have shot him given the state of mind he was in, and then we'd have an entirely different story with Bryce going to jail for murder and Erin having to move again because of the memories).
    Marie shocked me that she let her guard down like that, and I don't fully understand why she snapped at Jesse who was only trying to be helpful, I guess she was annoyed at herself and he just happened to be there to take it out on? I hope she apologises and they still got out Wednesday...
    I like that you didn't feel the need to throw in a character we knew who had no reason to be near Erins house to save her, I wonder if we'll see her neighbours more? He saved her and so needs thanking properly.

    I'm not sure, but I'm fairly certain Sean still has Erins keys, so she can't even go home or get her scooter until she's been to the station. I hope they give her the keys because they might count as Seans possessions and I don't want her to have to wait until he's let out (I'm not sure how getting arrested works where you are, but here they can only hold you a set amount of hours without charging you) because that would be an awful situation for her to have to meet him face-to-face again. Although, I feel she owes him a kick in the balls at least. Get your sharpest heels on, girl!

    I hope Erin isn't scarred too much by this experiance, and lets Byrce continue to rebuild her life. I'm pretty sure Bryce wouldn't believe Sean saying that he was just a rebound, he should know he can't trust anything that man says, and right now Erin doesn't need the only person she feels she can turn to, to be doubting her and pushing away.

    Well done, this was really good and when I read it I was actually worried that he was near me and I needed to find a weapon (as I said, no guns in England unless you know some dodgy gangsters, I'd have had to run for a kitchen knife), then I snapped back to reality and was like 'I'm such an idiot...' ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O.O
      although, I shouldn't be shocked with the potty mouth going on in this chapter LOL. I made the mistake of continuing with this line of thought after writing up a good bit of it, and when I sat down and talked about stuff with my husband, it was still there with the language to prove it. (I hope that made sense)

      Look down... I agree with Karleen. :)

      The pictures, when I look at them on my windows viewer thingy, look fine on my computer, but when I uploaded them to Blogger, they got somehow darker. Maybe it's my screen settings and perhaps I should've lightened them. I'm not going to stress over that though.

      I was shocked that you were shocked that Bryce had a gun the first time I read over your comment. :) I'm like 'yeah, why not?' That's interesting, and I'm trying very hard not to go into a history tangent here lol. I know that in Texas at least that if someone is breaking into your house and you feel threatened that you can shoot the intruder. Most would agree that just shooting them in the leg is enough. I have a friend that claims she'd aim right for the balls. (assuming it's a man of course) "You can pretty much limp away with a busted up leg, but you ain't going nowhere with that kind of pain" -- almost a direct quote. I must point out the lack of reproductive capabilities that go along with that statement hehe.

      As for Bryce's need for one- no, he doesn't need it really. He's never had to use it, but he was wanting to tonight. I did debate for a while on whether or not I would include a gun in this scene. I decided to go ahead and add it in for a little more drama. I could easily come up with a psychological reason Bryce would feel the need to have a handgun in the first place, and I might just do that later. :)

      The story has been going for a little less than two weeks, and there were a few days briefly mentioned as Erin talked about her moving troubles. But yes, the community has welcomed her... Bryce's little club/clique/group of friends especially. In the beginning of me playing, I actually had her meet Julian Strong and his daughter Maggie, so I thought it would be neat to bring him back especially since I never used any of that. (He was also at the park when Erin and Bryce first met) Oh, what a different story it might be if I'd gone with my idea to set her up with him instead of making/basing Bryce and his situation similar to Julian's. I decided against it because I didn't want such very similar personalities (at least in my own head) to come together like that.

      I didn't intend for Sean to be bad at fist fights, and that's bugging me. (not your fault it is, I'd thought of this earlier too) I mean, that move where he pretty much flipped him and Bryce over by kicking up is pretty dang hard. (I saw it in a movie once lol) But then it's an even match with Jesse? I mean sure, he didn't expect Marie to know simfu, so he wasn't prepared for that. But Jesse... Still, I wanted Jesse to be somewhat good at fighting himself.. that will play into the story later.

      I debated whether or not to have Bryce actually shoot Sean, and I decided against it (tho very tempting) because it would've made future scenes harder. Plus, now Bryce has that 'I'm not finished with you yet' attitude. He probably would've gone to jail if he'd killed him. Overkill. literally. hehe. Still, anything's possible and he could've gotten off. (trying to avoid another tangent here OJ)

      You guessed correctly that Jesse was there to be snapped at because she felt angry she let her emotions rule her for a few crucial seconds. She hates that Jesse got to play Mr. Hero because now she feels she owes him one, and she doesn't want him to figure that out. *wink*

      Delete
    2. I've never seen the 'Your html cannot be accepted. Must be at most 4,096 characters' before, but it just happened. geez lol.

      I hope to bring more known townies into play. I just have to figure out how.

      Yay! I wondered if anyone would catch that Sean still had Erin's keys. Yes, he does.. or.. did.. they've been confiscated along with everything else, of course. That's another hassle for her to deal with even if it's on the back burner.
      Since Sunlit Tides is off on its own, I'm really flying by the seat of my pants, so to speak, on how things like this are going to work. I'm going with what I know since that's safest. Yes, they can only hold him for a set amount of time unless Julian presses charges like Maggie hopes he does.
      LOL, in the book for Queen of Denial, Elena goes after Tate with a pair of stilettos. (from the sharp heels bit)

      Erin's had her whole world cracked just a little again, and one of Bryce's worst nightmares has happened. Bryce is working at not believing Sean saying that he's just a rebound, but he'd worried about that in the back of his mind... the whole bit about not really believing Erin when she said she loved him. Bryce had hoped to just live past that with time, but that isn't really possible anymore. He won't push her away, but you're right... Erin doesn't need Bryce mulling over these fears of his.

      Thank you very much! I'm such a gullible that I do that all the time like get a little into it and think it's real. If you're an idiot then so am I! :) LOL knives are my weapon of choice as well.

      Wow, thank you for this very in-depth, well thought out comment. You know I just had to make the response longer lol. I don't adhere to what some have said that the response needs to be shorter than the comment. That's just not me. Thank you for giving me a lot to think on. I sometimes depend on comments to create parts of the story with the ideas that are given to me whether directly or indirectly.

      :D

      Delete
    3. (I think we've made the comment section longer than the chapter, haha)

      Potty mouth - yeah, I do that too. I work with a lot of males in a hot kitchen and they obviously swear a lot and talk about things I don't really want to know about, so I change into 'one of them' at work, and sometimes forget to turn back into the lovely polite lady I am (or should be) when I get home and shock my boyfriend with some of the things I say ;)

      The pictures look fine to me, as I said, the brightness was on low on my tablet because I'd last used it in bed and didn't want to wake my boyfriend. I realised this, turned it up to where I usually have it and they were fine on there too.

      I think we have that law over self defence here, only without guns, and you can't have used a real weapon (kitchen knife, ok, hunting knife/lock knife/switch blade, not) just what you'd normally find in your house. I love that comment by your friend. I can think of a few reasons Bryce would want a gun, he lives in a holiday destination, and I assume not everyone who visits is good and he needs to protect his daughter.

      I assumed Maggie was his wife! (I don't have Sunlit Tides) Julian is surprisingly good looking for a townie! I assumed you'd made him especially for the part ;) Hmm, can you see him in pictures from the day Erin and Bryce met...? *goes to see if you've been sneaky and hiding him in plain sight the whole time*

      Sean wasn't exactly bad at fist fights. I assumed he'd be an even match for Bryce or possibly beat him (obviously, I hoped he wouldn't), I think it was how good Jesse was at fighting that surprised me. He seems like a gentle giant, and I hadn't thought that he would stand a chance against Sean so maybe that's what made me think that. I had forgotton about flipping Bryce over his head, I imagine that is pretty hard! Hmm. Not shooting Sean because of future scenes...

      Poor Jesse. I feel sorry for him, I really do. He just can't seem to do the right thing in Maries' eyes! Marie is obviously just annoyed at herself, so I hope Jesse can see that and won't try to get her to apologise, because she really doesn't want to.

      You could bring townies into it through Erin? She needs her own friends as well as Bryces. Obviously, she doesn't feel like going out and meeting new people right now, but in future she'll want friends who aren't really close to Bryce so she can have girly-talk with them :)

      You can't get things like dropped keys past me! ;) I wasn't certain, because he could well have dropped them while he was fighting after Erin had run off. That wouldn't be ideal either, because she'd then have to root around in the sand and find them, but I think for her it would be better than having to hope the officers give them over or Sean will accept just giving them to her and walking off. I don't see the last one happening. I'm not sure how soon she'll want to go home anyway.

      I had thought that Bryce was thinking it was a rebound back when Erin first said she loved him. But hopefully he'll keep those fears pushed at the back of his mind until Erin isn't so fragile and can handle him being a little more distant. Hopefully by that point he will have forgotton his fears though.

      I didn't realise there was a character-limit on comments :/ That's kind of my fault ;)
      You're welcome, I really just write all my thought processes down as a way of figuring out what has happened in the chapter. A lot happened in this one haha. I don't see why a response should be a set length either, I think it should answer the questions asked and address the points raised, so I like your longer reply :)
      It makes me excited to think I may have accidentally helped you with part of the story :D

      Delete
    4. Sorry to spam, I just noticed Belinda on the sidebar as I was scrolling back up, where does this dark horse fit in?

      Delete
    5. LMAO! I was thinking that myself. At first glance people are going to look at the scrollbar and think this chapter is miles long haha! Oh well! I'm enjoying this.

      Yeah, I didn't mean anything bad about the potty mouth comment. It just reminded me of what my husband said. Good to know I'm not the only one that can get a little carried away. I really work on controlling that irl around my kids especially.

      Those would've been my guesses for a good reason for Bryce to have a gun. Maybe even he can teach Adele to shoot one day in the distant future. Oh, I'm already making plans for Adele. Far into the future at this point, but they're forming.

      Hehe, I forget that I didn't explain that better, foolishly assuming people knew. Heck, I don't know all the townies, and I have the neighborhood! Yes, Maggie is his teenage daughter. Blast, I didn't have him in any of the pics... gonna go look some up on puter in the interest of interest. There! I found... two. only two. I put those two on the scrapbook tab, and they're at the bottom. He's not too bad looking, certainly. I never took a pic when I forced Erin to go and talk to him, but I noticed that they were just too similar for my intended story to work.

      I get what you're saying about Sean and the fight. It's just it struck that same bit that I bugged myself with. (terrible sentence structure there) Hehe, Jesse IS quite the gentle giant unless he really gets pissed off. He loves a good fight anyway, even if he's not directly involved and as long as it doesn't get out of control. He nearly got out of control himself right then. (maybe he has better control than Marie, maybe) That was quite an impressive kick.

      Yeah, I can't do as much with Sean in future scenes if he's in the hospital. :D

      No, lol. Jesse just can't win, can he? Nothing like a first impression, even IF Marie has loads of baggage.

      I have girlie talk intended, I just haven't gotten it worked out yet. Still, good thinking. ;) It's just been a busy week as she really started getting to know Bryce. The girls in the group won't leave her alone forever. I don't know about townies tho... hmm..

      LOL about the keys. I'm the type that that might've totally slipped by that. It's easier when it's outlined out for me, but in reading I can miss things. (like you pass by ONE word in a Jane Austen novel and you can completely change the whole meaning of a paragraph!) Anyway, hopefully the police will give her her keys.

      Bryce - exactly.

      LOL. I tend to overdo it anyway so not your fault. Just like you said, I type what I'm thinking. I can take one thing, sometimes a single word, and expand on what someone said to bring about a new idea that I may or may not bring into play and may or may not let the person know I just thought that. I think the story wouldn't be as good if it weren't for all the great comments getting these dusty wheels in my head turning. :)

      Delete
    6. speaking of spam, I just now saw the bit about Belinda. I have a little bitty plan for her currently that I'm not sure what I'll actually do about it. For now, she's just in the background as the cat-loving best friend of Lynne. I hope my plan for her isn't redundant, and that's what I'm working on.

      Delete
    7. Haha, slow down! You've taken 4 months to do nearly 2 weeks! By the time Adele is old enough to hold a gun, it will be your grandchildren writing it!

      Just looked at the pictures including Julian and Maggie. I love Bryce hiding in the background doing the annoying animations for eating hamburgers/hotdogs!

      Maybe once we all know Jesse a little better, we'll see why he could beat Sean. We don't actually knw much about it, but it feels like we do (if that makes sense?)

      I don't actually read that much (I know, doesn't make sense, right? I love reading stories, but when I go to actually read a whole book I lose interest. Maybe I need to be able to make comments about it as it goes along like this?), but in day to day life I'll notice little not-important details that nobody else does. It usually means I miss the glaringly obvious things staring me in the face though! Like, my boyfriend will ask where something is, and I'll be able to tell him what colour it was, what font the writing on it was and what it said, but I'll have no idea where it is, even if I'm holding it!

      Maybe Belinda would be a good friend to Erin? She has a cat now too (although, we've not seen it for about 4 days) so that's a common interest haha :p

      Delete
    8. Somewhere, somehow... I'm going to pick up the pace of this story. That is my hope. I want to move ahead to ... stuff. LOL about the bit about my grandchildren... ugh. Now I feel old.

      It was while Erin was AT THAT PARK that I'd finally had enough of the EA townies and made Bryce and Adele after Erin talked with Julian. :) Bryce and Adele really did have a picnic set up and everything.

      Yeah, that kinda makes sense. You could also say that Sean was distracted. Still, Jesse can't have that body and not work out at least. ;)

      When I sit down to read a book, I read it, and woe to anyone who tries to interrupt Mommy while she does!!! With my crazy ADD, if I'm the least bit distracted I may as well not even read it. All or nothing. So, yes, I understand what you're saying. LOL maybe make comments in a journal as practice for that job you need to have? Maybe a side job. I'm serious. You could do that in your spare time. People pay for people to review their books, and the bad reviews don't have to be posted, but the reviewer still gets paid.
      LOL about the missing stuff stuff. I have a photographic memory so I know conversations (for example) by what was around me at the time so I can sort of understand that.

      I have Miley hanging around somewhere. I think she's actually in the house with Belinda at the moment. Still... story wise. Nobody notices she's not there. Bad Erin!

      Delete
    9. You shouldn't feel old! I did a very quick (and probably wrong) calculation (on a calculator), and if you update at the same speed as you have been, it will take 8 of our years to do one of theirs...

      Hmm, maybe I'll look into this book reviewer thing. Thing is, if I did it full time, I wouldn't do it. I'd be too busy playing sims because the temptation would be there. If I did it part time, it might work, but I'm not sure. It would be money anyway. :) Thankyou.

      I've always thought it would be cool to have a photographic memory! You're not one of those people who remembers literally everything, are you? I'd hate that. All the useless information like what I ate for breakfast on the 6th June 2002 clogging up my brain.

      Miley is in Belindas' house, or Belinda is in Erins house? Either way, why? :/ And I agree. Erin is awful for getting that poor stray cats hopes up by taking it in and feeding it tuna, only to abandon it for days at a time. ;)

      Delete
    10. LMBO eight years!!! It's like us having dog years.

      I'm no expert on the whole book reviewer thing, but yes, it couldn't hurt to look into it.

      No, I'm not one of those people that remember everything. Geez! That would suck! No, I can just memorize the way something looks (piece of music, definitions of stuff for a test, etc) It's not fool-proof either. Still, it's great when I need to remember how to get somewhere and I've only been that way once.

      I move the sims around to the different lots without much consideration for real sim life. Right now, too many sims are on Marie's one-bedroom lot. :)

      I honestly have no idea how I'm going to bring Miley back. Hmmm

      Delete
    11. I know! You'll really have to speed up if you want to do stuff with an older Adele!

      Sounds useful! I'm good at remembering street names, and who lives where, and can get there easily (though, don't ask me for directions, I don't even know my left and right most of the time!) but I'm awful at remembering most things :/

      I see, so you have all the sims needed for a scene/chapter in one household? I can see how that would make things a lot easier.

      You don't really have to bring Miley back, you just have to show us she still exists by having Erin interact with her when she gets home or something.

      Delete
    12. As soon as I can settle things down a little (if that'll even happen), I'll make time virtually fly. I'll need to for something I have planned. A few things actually.

      Yes, for the most part, I move them around like mad to wherever is the most convenient for me.

      Hehe, I've already mostly worked out what's gone on with Miley (and no, she's not pregnant... well, unless she went out partying and I didn't know).

      Delete
    13. Well that took a while getting through, and it was very entertaining. By the way I didn't even remember Miley and I should do as my dog is called miley but we spell it Myele and pronounce it My ele, but you have to say it all in one it sounds almost french. Just thought I'd add a bit about me as you two seem to be getting on like a house on fire. I feel like I know you. Can't believe this chapter has so many comments, but then this conversation makes up most of it. I think this is the most talked about chapter. There I found a statistic to add to the conversation. Now I can really count myself as one of the chatty lot and in with you. Hope all this isn't off topic. small teaser almost done with seth's next chapter just got to do pics.

      Delete
    14. LOL. :)
      Neat about the doggie name! One of my facebook friends named the kitty. I was going to call her Mittens, but she has only three white feet, so I wondered if anyone else had any ideas.
      Of course count yourself as part of the chatty lot!
      Really?! Seth yay! A good Seth. jazen has an evil Seth. She keeps defending him even though he's retched.
      Looking forward to reading!

      Delete
  5. That was close. Sean was a slime, not just a cheating ex. I expected a talk, not what he did or intended to do. Very glad that he may be out of her life for a while, but for some reason, I don't think it will be forever. exciting and intense

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was a little too close for Erin's comfort, to be sure. He really thought he could get THAT far back into her good graces by being Mr. Romantic and show up on her doorstep like he thought she wanted. ugh.

      Unfortunately, Sean has proven that he doesn't give up easily. We've not seen the last of him. He has quite a bit of leave to use after all. >:)

      Thank you Zhippidy!

      Delete
  6. Now Sean was horrible so glad she didn't believe him and let him in the house. He just wants her back to say he has his trophy back (That type of thing). He hit a woman, bad, bad, bad. Bryce had a gun and didn't use it, what a damn shame. He could have aimed in between the legs to cut off the most vital part or knee caps, I don't care really. Sorry got carried away there.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She didn't believe him. She knew him too well to think that talking was all he was after with the lustful gaze he gave her. OMGosh. Trophy. Exactly! He thought he pretty much owned her (well, emotionally you kwim).

      LOL at Bryce and where you wanted Sean shot. That did occur to me, therefore him, but he didn't get his chance. That man does not need to reproduce!! Get carried away! Never stops me LOL.

      Thanks for commenting, Lcky!

      Delete
  7. I hate when the game changes clothes on me like that. lol. Excellent chapter. I wonder if this will be the end of Sean's coming around. If he gets off he's be one scary stalker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happens to me all the time. In my Rose legacy, I just go with it, but in my actual stories, I try to pay attention and keep it all correct. Failed this time! I forgot to change Sean to the outfit that I didn't save when I started it back up again.

      Thanks! Yeah, he'll put the stalk in stalker. I have no idea what the hell what I just typed means, but yeah. *facepalm* Oh well, I'm keeping it there.

      Thanks for reading and commenting, jb!

      Delete
  8. gemly_teddie said it all and I mean all, she could be a book reviewer, and I mean that in the nicest possible way, and she (I think you're a she sorry if you're a he) she's from my neck of the woods, so I totally get where she is coming from. As I was reading I too felt for Erin and was wishing someone would come to her rescue. As I read more I thought it would be Bryce cause he just can't keep away from her. Isn't it good when neighbours are neighbourly. He started the ball rolling I dread to think what could have happened if he hadn't been there or worse if he saw and did nothing. Yeah Erin is in the right place, among friends that are true and loyal. I'm glad that most of them got a crack at Sean and if he insist on making trouble the others will get their turn. Watch out Sean do you really want to tangle with Pam, the older sibling, or even... what's her name, the one who warned Erin not to hurt Bryce, oh I can't remember her name. Sean, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! lol that rhymes.

    As for Marie well I'm not sure what's up with Marie, but I'm inclined to agree that maybe she is both embarrassed to have been caught out and annoyed that it was Jesse who came to her aid, considering what she'd already told him. Marie get over it sometimes we all need a little help sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most certainly. She reads fast too. :)

      Poor Bryce, he didn't get to be as much of the hero as he would've liked. He kind of feels gypped. well, not kinda. a lot actually. All he can think is 'this isn't over'. He would've done all he could had he been there in place of Julian Strong, but the man runs a bar and it WAS Saturday night. When Erin called him, he was about to say, "Erin! Did you start missing me already and badly need me to come over?" 'course, he didn't get to say that. He wanted to leave early so bad, but he felt a little guilty for ditching Marie and Jones like he did the previous night. Yay, I got to put that somewhere, thanks. :)

      Yes, she has great neighbors that I need to bring into the story more like I'd originally planned. I just felt that ST didn't offer the townies I needed, and then I went nuts making all of my intended characters in CAS. It would've been real bad had Mr. Strong not stepped in. Erin needs to learn a little self defense.

      Oh goodie.. something else I get to FINALLY throw in that I've been holding back on. Yes, Pam is a firecracker, and so is Lynne (the one you can't remember the name, which I don't hold against you in the LEAST. I stink at remembering names!) Lynne meant it when she threatened Erin the way she did because she's a witch. So is Pam. *claps hands* (of course, Lynne still wanted Mr. Fix-it to come and repair her stuff teehee) They're my only supers in this story, and I haven't found a way to bring it in yet, but I will eventually. (I honestly don't remember if Jeremy inherited his mother's power or not since I haven't really started anything with him.)

      Marie - Exactly. She's mortified that she got knocked out like that, and that the one man that she's most wary is the one to come and save her or finish her fight, whichever way you want to think of it. She's such an independent person, and yes, she needs to learn to accept help.

      Thank you for reading and commenting, Karleen!

      Delete
    2. *Blushes* Aww, thankyou guys :) New career path, maybe? :p

      Witches, eh? Oh, Sean. You clearly aren't ready...

      Delete
  9. LOL. Ok, a few people may have said this already, but I like that Sean got his ass kicked by pretty much everyone on the island that saw him. ;) When he hit Marie, I was like 'for shame,' hitting women is a no-no, ass. Marie's attitude towards Jesse reminds me of how Ginger is always mad at Desmond, even though I know it's not the same situation. Poor Jesse, he's just trying to be nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun with this chapter when I wasn't stressing over it. :-) Poor Bryce didn't get to beat up Sean enough in his mind. Sean is a dick for hitting Marie even If she knocked him out for a while. Sean's world is falling down around his ears n he's scared.

      Jesse makes Marie nervous. Desmond makes Ginger mad. Still you're right. They can be similar.

      Delete
  10. Wow, exciting!
    So much ass kicking. Sean really deserved what he got and more. But, it looks like he hit a sore spot with Bryce with the whole 'rebound' thing. I hope Bryce doesn't take that too much to heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Sean figured out real fast how to get under Bryce's skin. Sean was shocked that Erin would even want anyone else; he was so sure of his success in coming to the island that he wasn't prepared for this.

      He hit on one of Bryce's worst fears. :/

      Delete
  11. That was...intense. Wow. What a great read. So many thoughts on this, I don't know where to begin!

    I'm a little surprised that Marie let her guard down like that, leaving Sean on the ground to go check out the storm. It made me hurt a little for Jesse too, how she still rebuffed him after all that, although I wasn't surprised after seeing your reply about how Jesse would have an uphill battle. Regardless, I loved Jesse's instincts and actions here. Maybe Jesse needs to just cool his jets for awhile. Find a tourist and get laid. I mean seriously, the poor guy deserves to get laid at this point. Maybe a little distance between him and Marie is needed before he can find another approach.

    As to Sean. Ugh. He was doubtless going to rape her. I can't believe he was still going after Erin after having three people--no, four, I forgot the neighbor--get in his way. I'm rather glad Bryce had a gun, because that seemed to be the only thing that gave Sean pause.

    I really wish Bryce could chill and see himself for the hero that I see him as at this moment. But he's so needy and insecure, this is going to cloud his head. This is so soon after the stupid reading her book affair, it's still going to be in the back of his head that he's just Erin's study, and he's still getting used to the thought of her *loving* him (and by the way, the "Don't leave me" at the end of the Yeehaw Cowboy chapter was exceedingly touching). I'm afraid Sean's Rebound comments are going to stay in Bryce's head, especially when the heat of this situation with Sean's arrest abates a bit. And THEN of course Erin's going to admit she kissed Sean back for a moment, and Bryce is going to forget what he previously said about her almost kissing Jesse back, about how hard it is not to kiss someone back when they're kissing you. Because it's Sean. And because there were memories behind that. This isn't going to go over well, which is going to make things even worse for Erin--and hopefully that final point will be what pulls Bryce out of his head. If he in fact even goes there, maybe I'm overanalyzing how he's going to react. I guess I should read on :D

    Sidenote, I'm very sad that I'm almost caught up already. Don't. Want. To. Stop. Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O.O thank you.

      Marie made a big mistake thinking that Sean would stay out of it. She didn't take into account how very thick his skull is, I guess hehe. She allowed herself to become distracted by the gathering storm (and go watch it from the beach? come on, Marie, are you asking to get struck by lightning?). Then, further distracted and irritated at herself, she ran around and let Sean get the better of her. She's not real happy with herself at the moment, and Jesse showing up only irritated her further. Jesse just can't win for losing, can he?
      'find a tourist and get laid'? LMAO! That might help, unless Marie finds out and it only fuel her presumption that he's a player.
      I'll go ahead and hint that I have a rather interesting approach for him to take in the future. :)

      That whole situation with Sean would've probably led to rape had he been allowed to carry it that far. I never really completely played the maybe out in my head since I'd always intended for her neighbor to step in.
      He is one stubborn sonofabitch. He came all that way, he wasn't going to give up easily. Yes, it took the gun to finally get his attention.

      I really like what you said about Bryce. I hope I don't screw up your opinion of him. He's not perfect, obviously, but he's trying and he has problems. His number one problem being an abandonment complex. (yeehaw chapter? LMFAO!) First his parents 'left' him when they died, and then his wife left him for another man. Those rebound comments did exactly what Sean wanted them to do... just like you said, right to his head, worming themselves deep in there.
      Erin is scared, terrified of admitting to Bryce that she kissed Sean back, and she knows that she'd better do it soon before Bryce hears about it from Sean himself... what Sean was just about to say before the fuzz showed up. This might just test Bryce's opinion of 'hard to not kiss someone back when they're kissing you' thing. Yeah, it'll be worse for Erin because now she has to fight harder to make Bryce understand that she really does love him, short time together and all.

      Awww, well if it makes you feel better, I update this one the most frequent of all of em. :)

      Thanks for that great comment!

      Delete
  12. Sean is a douche with a capital "D". I can not believe he tried to rape Erin and punched Marie! What a coward, I was so hoping Bryce got to shoot him :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL @ wanting Bryce to shoot him. Believe me, I seriously considered it, but that would've made a real mess of things legally. (and for some reason, I make myself worry about that)
      Yeah, he was determined to have Erin one way or another, and Marie he stopped seeing as a 'girl' once she knocked him out.

      Delete
  13. What a total douche Sean is! He actually slugged Marie! So Erin is just supposed to completely forget how he betrayed her and not with just anyone, with her best friend. He is one of the most egotistical, selfish, clueless men in the world. I also hated the way that he kept calling Bryce a rebound. That is one of Bryce's fears and I hope that Bryce doesn't let it make him more insecure in his relationship with Erin!

    I suppose it's only natural that Erin think of some of her good times with Sean, but cheating on her cancelled all of that out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douche seems to be the popular word for Sean lol. Yeah, he thought that Erin would eventually forgive him then get back with him.
      He feels shocked and worried that Erin has a boyfriend and looks to be moving on, so he's going to play upon Bryce's insecurities as much as possible.

      Sure it's natural for Erin to think of the good times. At least she quickly came to her senses.
      :-)

      Delete
  14. This has got to be the best fight scene I've ever read. My favorite part is when Jessie finds out who Sean is. I love that line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I'm not usually one for fight scenes. I prefer my rose-colored glasses. hehe, yes. I did enjoy Jesse beating up Sean even though he didn't really know who he was. All he saw was that Bryce sent him a text asking for help and then seeing a guy punch Marie. All he could really see and think about was her even though she snapped at him.
      Thanks for reading and commenting! :)

      Delete
  15. Hahahahahahahahahahaha, he got beaten up good!! By so. many. people! :D Hahahahahahaha! :D FUCK YOU, SEAN! THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR COMING AFTER ERIN! :D

    Honestly, though, did he not expect her to have made friends in her short time there? He sounds like my grandma! 'oh good, you have friends now, dear?' Just that Sean doesn't sound so relieved -bet he's anything but :P And all being well he'll go away for a long time, though something tells me he'll break out and cause more trouble. At least this time he'll know what's waiting for him :D *happydance*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!

      He didn't expect her to have made friends. He expected her to be too shy to talk to anyone.
      Right. He now knows that she's not alone, and she'll be a bit harder to get to.

      Delete
  16. Sheesh. Glad she had a phone, and enough reinforcements to tag team beat his butt from one end of the sland to the other. Unfortunately, every stinking thing he said and did only made him slimier, creepier and more predatory. I mean, C' on! 'Have you seen a blonde run by?' Surely no one would believe they were playing hide and seek. He'd had plenty of time to use his brain and actually think about what to say once he found her and his answer is 'penis makes love!' With a nice caveman grunt alongside. Dude deserves each and every bruise he gets. And hopefully with a nice concussion! One of them brain cell killing ones. Not that he's got a whole lot to start with. Ugh.

    Too bad Bryce is too angry to realize just what trash Sean talked. Sean was angr, too. He's gonna say a lot of stupid shit to get a rise. And, it goes both ways unfortunately, angry people usually aren't wise. *sigh. I take it damage control will be loads of fun on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yes, Erin has made better friends than she's ever had in a very fast amount of time. Of course, that has a lot to do with being Bryce's girlfriend.
      LOL on the 'have you seen a blonde run by?' He should know better, but I guess he thought his friendly tone would work.
      Never said he was smart hehe. Maybe he was sacked too many times; maybe he was just always stupid. Erin used to think that was cute, the 'dumb jock' stereotype.

      Exactly. If he could think straight, Bryce would realize that Sean was doing whatever he could to get a rise out of Bryce. Sean is hurt that Erin has already found someone, and he went into defense-attack to get at him.
      I remember this chapter took me forever to assemble. The damage control was actually easier. :)

      Delete