Thursday, February 14, 2013

34: Double Meaning




Marie




     I hear a familiar voice as I walk up the stairs next to the bathroom at work. Jesse is here.
     I walk up to the bar itself in a very nonchalant way, say hello to Jones, and sign in to work. Then I glance up and see Erin has come to be with Bryce. Good.

     "Man, it is 'hot' today, isn't it, Bryce?" Jesse asks to my boss.
     "It is 'hot,'" he agrees. "Think I should turn the fans 'up'?" he asks, and I wonder why they stressed certain words in the way they did. I have to agree it's hot, but that is to be expected. In fact, that's why I was sure to put on this crop top and short shorts. They said it would be over a hundred Fahrenheit, and I guess that's hot.
      "How are you?" I quietly ask Erin.
      "I'm okay," she answers just as quietly. I can tell she's nervous, so I don't pester her.
      Out of the corner of my eye, I see Jesse deliberately go and sit at a table, saying something about finding cooler temperatures away from the bar.
       Great, I think sarcastically. Now he's my customer.
        I grudgingly walk over to him while he watches my legs. He's being obvious. Fine. He wants to play? I'll play.


        "Can I get you anything, Captain Gillespie?" I say with a marvelously straight face.
        I see him come up with several, possibly very varied answers from his expression. The one he chooses, however, mildly disappoints me.
        "Nothing right now, thanks. Still working on this one," he looks up and grins as he says, "How about I let you know, Marie?"
       I shrug and say, "Suit yourself." He just had to say my name! I turn around and walk over to help Jones with whatever.
       Hours go by, and I serve various patrons. Occasionally so he can't claim I was ignoring him, I ask Jesse if he needs another beer. He always says no.
       "That beer is probably way too hot now. Let me get you a fresh one," I suggest.
       "There are hotter things, I'm sure. No reason I should give up on it just because it isn't perfect."
       Hm. "Well, let me know if you change your mind."
        "I will," he says and stares at the top of his bottle.
       The sun starts to set, and Bryce tells me to go ahead and go home. I'm surprised, but he assures me it's fine since we're not that busy. As I walk down the stairs, I momentarily wonder why Jesse didn't insist he walk me home. He merely sits at his table quietly like he's brooding about something. Well, if he wants to get a fresh beer now, then he has to get it himself. I've only asked him twenty times today.

        I get about halfway to my apartment before I turn around to glance behind me. As I do, I see that Jesse is standing near the railing and facing my direction. He quickly turns away to try to make it not look like he was watching me. I find myself smiling as I continue on my way.


Jesse



     "What are you doing?" Bryce growls next to me. "Do you want me to serve her up to you on a silver platter? I let her off early for your sake."
       I answer him in a way that he won't expect. "I'm glad you sent her home. I don't think I could've taken much more of that." I turn to look at him with a serious expression. "I'm leaving her alone... as much as I can." Though the sight of her in that outfit... ungh!
      "What?" he whips out of his mouth.
      "Yep. Bugging the hell out of her didn't work."
      "After two days. Since when do you give up after only two days?"
      "Who says I gave up?" I ask him with a ridiculous grin that I can't hold back.
      "Oh there you are! I wondered where the hell my friend went." He scratches his neck a little before he says, "So, I gave my waitress the rest of the night off for nothing is what you're saying."
      "No. I couldn't take much more of her prancing around in front of me in that getup." I suddenly remember the beer in my hand. "I need a cold one, this thing is flat as piss."

------

    The next day, I'm sitting at the counter at work trying to make sense of some irritating figures before the auditors pay me a visit when one of those sudden downpours hit. Five minutes ago, it was perfectly sunny, but now there's a huge storm raging.
      Well, that's going to drive the customers away, not that I had any anyway.

      All of a sudden, the door bursts open and in walks Marie of all people, drenched to the bone. Her wet clothes stick to her in all the right places, and I look my fill while she acts like she's getting water out of her ear. Then, I quickly plaster a smile on my face.
      "Marie!" I say like I'm still as happily surprised as I was a few seconds ago. "Hell of a weather change, huh?" I ask after she's whipped her head around in my direction. I'm... talking about the weather. I've been reduced to talking about the weather.
       "What are you doing here?" she asks.
       "I manage this place. What? You thought I didn't work?" Okay, this is better. Now I'm teasing.
       "I..." she stammers around, "didn't think about it actually." Ow.

     "Does it always do this? This all sunshine and then the rain comes without warning?" she asks, indicating the storm outside.
      "Sometimes. Especially if the day is really hot," I ever so slightly stress the 'h.' I love words like hot that have another meaning. "You're all wet." I say dryly. Another great word.
     "Yes, I'm soaked," she says in a mildly irritated fashion, and it's all I can do to keep from laughing.
     "Well, what are we going to do about it?" I can't resist saying as my imagination tortures me with different possibilities.
      I think she finally starts to catch on when her eyes narrow ever so slightly before she says, "I'll put up with it, I guess. Sometimes that's just what you have to do with annoying things."
      Arg. "Well, you don't have to. I sell a little bit of everything, and I can give you a discount. That's what I do for my friends, and we're friends, right?" I offer, not really wanting to have her change clothes, but I also can't help with the whole 'friends discount' thing. Hm. I don't sell underwear.

      "I suppose so," she says, and I'm momentarily confused as to whether or not she means we're friends or she'll buy clothes. I don't get a chance to make her clarify as she marches to the part of the store where we have a few things like touristy shirts and shorts. She quickly picks up the first shirt and pair of shorts she finds in her size. Then she looks at me in confusion like she doesn't know what to do now.
      I smile kindly and say, "Let me just have the tags. I'll ring 'em up and you can pay for them after you've changed. Let me get you a bag for your wet clothes." She hands me the tags, and I do as I said I would, wondering where her underwear will end up. Will she leave them on or take them off? If she leaves them on, then there's no point in putting on dry shorts.
       She doesn't take long to change, and when she comes out, her shorts are completely dry. She buys the clothes she has on while the rain continues. It only just now occurs to both of us that if she goes out in that again, she's wasted her time getting dry clothes. I stand here behind the counter and watch her to see what she'll do now.

        "How long does this usually last?" she asks.
        "It's rain," I say with a shrug. "It could be five minutes; it could keep raining into the night."
        A look of horror all of a sudden crosses her face. "No! I left my windows open at home!" She darts for the door.
         I quickly stuff away the irritating paperwork and say, "Hold up a sec! You're the only customer I've had all day, and this rain will keep them away anyway. I'll close up and drive you over there. You'll make it there faster, and you won't get soaked again." You can't argue with that. I stuff the register printout with the paperwork and walk around the counter with my keys in my hand.
       She lets out a little huff before she says, "Fine."

       We pull up in front of her place and she says, "Oh no!" She'd left her windows very open, and I haven't a doubt her apartment is getting rain all in it.
        "I hope you have a lot of towels," I say and race after her in the rain.
        She glances at me for a second like she's surprised I got out of the car, but then she focuses on unlocking her door. We both dash in, and she empties her linen closet while I go around and close all the windows.
        "Here," she says as she throws me a towel to start mopping up the water. I head to the one behind the couch and start trying to wipe up as much of the water as I can.
        "You need a dehumidifier," I say helpfully. "I think I have one somewhere."
        "What?" she asks like she can't hear me from where she is in the bedroom. I've done all I can do where I am, so I go and walk to her to say what I said again.

        However, once I'm in there I see that all she's doing is moving the water around. "No, not like that. You're not giving the rag a chance to soak up the water." I walk around her bed to kneel down next to her to show her what I mean. "Here. Like this." I watch as the towel sucks in the moisture.
        We're both crouched here on our knees, staring at the towel like it's the most fascinating thing on the planet for a minute or so when a loud crack rents the sky. A lightning bolt hits just outside the window on the lamppost on the opposite side of the street. We both make little scared noises and jump up to our feet.
       Our heads turn towards each other at about the same time, and when we realize how scared the other one was, we both start laughing. Then she looks down a little and realizes she'd grabbed fistfuls of my shirt in her fear. She, embarrassed, lets go and makes a small attempt to smooth out the wrinkles she made, not realizing how her hands press and rub my chest.
       I don't move a muscle, watching her eyes. I said I'd leave her alone... but she's so close! Once she's finished trying to fix my shirt, her eyes finally look up at mine and then widen as, I guess, she discovers how close we are. I want so bad to kiss her, but I wait and see what she'll do, wondering if she'll back away. She doesn't, so I move in a little more before pausing in a questioning way. I do this again, and she just stands her ground. I feel like it's been ages since the lightning strike across the street while I slowly cross this impossibly-huge distance to her mouth, pausing again very close to her.


       She still doesn't back away, so I close the tiny space left to her lips and finally press mine to hers while she stands there in silent shock. I don't know why she's shocked, but that's the emotion I get from her. Didn't I make this obvious? I think as I pull back a little and then kiss her again. This time she responds, and she shivers a little while I continue to coax more of a response out of her. Then she tilts her head some to the side and kisses me back. I find that during all this, my arms have wrapped around her, cradling her to me. Oh yes, Marie.

     I decide to take it a step further. They don't call it French kissing for nothing, right? Her hands lightly rest on my arms while I taste the inside of her mouth and caress her tongue with mine. She lets out a shaky exhale through her nose, and I can feel her shaking in my arms. I want to really go crazy and just kiss her until we're both gasping for air, but I don't because I can sense she really is scared. Why are you afraid of me? I think as I back off a little more, and she closes her mouth.
      She pulls away from me and says pleadingly, "Go. Just go. Please. Leave."
     What? "Why?" I ask quietly as I gently touch her lovely face. I'm not going anywhere without some kind of explanation.
       "Please. I can't. I just can't," she answers me by not answering me.

       "I have feelings for you, Marie, and I'm going to guess you feel the same about me. Why are you asking me to leave?" I say and ask, laying all my cards on the table, no more double meanings.
        "Jesse, you know why. I just can't."
       "All I'm asking is whatever you can give," I say, and I mean it, remembering my 'just hanging out' kind of date offer. I keep a light hold of her. I know she could break this hold if she really wanted to, but right now I doubt she will. This isn't the tough, black belt Marie I'm seeing. What I'm seeing is a very frightened almost-child.
      "I can give friendship. That is all."
       Bullshit, I think and debate kissing her again just to prove her wrong. Instead, I go out on a limb to ask what I'd thought earlier, "Why are you afraid of me?"
      "I'm not afraid of you!" she argues, and tough Marie is back in full force. She forces my arms off her and takes a step back.
      "Well, if you're not, then why are you asking me to leave?" I growl as I take a step forward.
      "Because this is my apartment!" She keeps backing up.
      "That's not a reason!" I keep moving forward.
      "Fine! Because you kissed me-"
      "You kissed me back."
      "- and this is getting out of hand."
      "Out of hand?" I ask. "How is this out of hand?"
      "I don't want this," she says and now stands in front of the entryway into her kitchen.
      "You could've fooled me," I say, and she gets quiet. We've both stopped in our tracks, staring at each other. I know I did not imagine her kissing me back, and I'm angry she won't own up to her feelings.
      "I need time," she finally says, and I know she's right.

       Damn it! "How much time are we talking here? Weeks? Months? Years? A decade? Give me some kind of timetable for you to need to dump all this shit you're carrying around with you. Or, how long are you planning on nursing your problems and giving them strength until that's all that you are?"
       "Get out," she says icily.
       "Fine," I snap and storm out of her house.

      When I get home, I look over to the passenger-side floorboard and see the bag that has Marie's wet clothes in it. She must've left it when she was more worried about dashing out of the car to get inside and mop up the water. I shrug and pick it up. I suppose I'll go ahead and wash the clothes before giving them back to her so they don't mildew... though why I want to do something as thoughtful as that for her beats me.
     As I pull the clothes out of the bag, I'm reminded of how they'd molded themselves around her, and the memory tortures me.
      She did take off her panties because here they are, I think and smile a goofy grin. And they're wet, I think now as I get a kick out of my double meaning.

------------------------------------

"But... what about what happens with the whole Bryce/Erin/Sean thing? Did they let Sean out? What did he do once they did if they did?" you ask? I'll get to that in the next chapter. I just wanted to put the Jesse/Marie bit all together. :)

37 comments:

  1. She really does give him a hard time poor guy. I guess she's trying to be as bitchy as possible to him in hopes that he goes away. She's had some seriously complicated man issues so I understand her not wanting to get involved and Jesse doesn't have the best reputation.

    Hopefully they will get it sorted out soon but Jesse isn't know for his tact in handling situations so it's going to be a rough ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mhm, she doesn't really mean to, but that's what ends up happening. You guessed correctly. She doesn't understand why he won't give up. On some level, she's flattered and a little happy that she's not ignored, but on another, she doesn't want to start anything.
      Yes, also, from what that nasty Bernadette told her, she's guessing that Jesse is the last man she wants to get involved with.

      LOL, Jesse doesn't have a lot of tact, does he? He's really really used to that smile of his letting him get away with anything. He's used to his methods working, and now, when it really starts to matter, he keeps making major errors. He might have better results if he Were playing her, but since he's Starting this with the hope of more, he keeps screwing up.

      Thanks for reading and commenting, jazen!

      Delete
  2. Ok, first of all, I saw this 15 minutes after you'd posted it, but banned myself from reading it until I'd written the rest of my legacy chapter that I told myself I'd have done 2 days ago. I only just finished. Phew.
    Second, I love that you FINALLY let us see Bryce's whole bar! It's beautiful, by the way.

    Ok, I lolled so hard at Bryce and Jesse's little exchange about it being hot :p I find it weird that Marie didn't get what they were on about, but then she may not have caught their facial expressions.
    I don't understand why Jesse kept saying he didn't want a fresh drink. That was confusing. Why would he just sit there in the hot sun for hours without a drink?! Men!

    And when it first switches to Jesse... Bryce, never mind what Jesse is doing, what the hell is Jones doing?! Haha!
    I didn't think Jesse would actually take a step back, so that had me shocked. But I'm glad to see Bryce and Erin out of the house and not looking too scarred for life.

    Jesse makes me laugh so much, and I could hardly concentrate through most of what he was saying because he kept going on about Marie's panties! I did get that they finally kissed and then Marie realised she wasn't as ready as she thought she was, and pushed him away. And then he was very rude about it, and she kicked him out.
    Jesse is really sweet, but he has a short fuse and has little temper tantrums like a child. Marie is much the same, but doesn't seem so childish about it, they're clearly a good match :) I can't wait to see how they'll finally get together!

    And what happens with Bryce/Erin/Sean indeed! I hope that chapter is already done and will be out tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL on the 'banning yourself from reading'. Haha, I do that too. I just let things pile up and do it all at once many times. :) And that was a great chapter too, btw!

      Oh! Sometimes I forget that not everyone knows Sunlit Tides. That's an EA made lot that I did VERY minor adjustments to. I'm incredibly lazy when it comes to building sets because it's not super-important to me. However, I do plan on (when I do the time jump) redoing The Flamingo to make an indoors section with a deck and things from other expansions/stuff packs thrown in. Still, it was my favorite choice for which lot to use because of its versatility or possible future versatility. :)

      LOL. ikr! I was originally going to crop Erin and Jones out of the picture, but he was in the process of making Erin a drink (hoping that I might make her look less wooden in later pictures -- that I didn't end up using. oh well) Yeah, I'm guessing his mixology is at lvl 10. He's still an NPC, and I hope to keep him that way for as long as possible, although he does have a part to play. (I forever hear Gus's voice from AMiT when I say that phrase)(that and 'fascinating'. LOL)

      Jesse's trying a different tactic with Marie. He wants her to come to him. At least, that's what he hopes, but he keeps screwing up.

      Yeah, Bryce had to work -- and it's all your fault I made them leave the house! lol, no not really.
      Bryce isn't going to let Erin out of his sight with that creep possibly set free.

      Oh, I love using Jesse for comic relief. He's perfect. Poor guy for what I do to him. Yes, he was hopelessly distracted by her panties' location. Once the thought randomly occurred to him, he couldn't get rid of it!

      Jesse never planned to kiss her. It's just, like he said, she was SO close. Not in the plan for him to do that and make the first major move. He hopes to really piss her off and get her to approach him, wondering why he keeps acting like he doesn't like her. Yeah, that didn't happen LOL.

      He's very childlike. The whole 'not fair' thing he likes to throw in is further proof of that. Then when things get physical is when he's more of an adult... which it's the exact opposite with Marie. Yeah, this is going to be fun! Get comfy. :)

      Nope, I still haven't written it out. I have a sketchy plan, but the details elude me. Adele needs to back away a second so I can write the next chapter instead of all this future stuff!

      Thanks for reading, gemly!

      Delete
    2. Thank you :) It had nothing to do with the story though :p
      I try not to let things pile up too much, if I don't get a chance in the day then I'll take my tablet to bed and read a few before I go to sleep.

      Wow, well done EA! I've never seen EA make something so pretty, so that's a shock! I'll look forward to your refurb and expect ariel before and after pics! ;)

      I'm glad you didn't crop them out, I like it when something is happening in the background, it makes things seem more real. But yes, sims do look very wooden when they sit down at bars and tables. I hate it. Lol, Gus. He's not had anything to say for a while now.
      I do find it fascinating that Jones has his part to play :p

      I'm sorry I forced Bryce and Erin to go out of the house. I'm not sure what I did, but let them know I'm sorry ;)

      Aww, Jesse does always seem to say and do the wrong things, but I can't stay mad at him long. Lol, I love his little master plan, and how that's all out the window now! I wonder who will make the next move and how the other will react.

      Lol, naughty Adele! Go do your homework or something!
      Will the next one pick up from where we left the Bryce/Erin/Sean thing last chapter, or where this one ends? Will there be Marie/Jesse stuff in there too? I need to know it all nowwww!! :p

      Delete
    3. Oh, yeah I knew that. :)
      I'm terrible about letting things pile up!

      Ikr! They really did a bang up job on this neighborhood! Some of the lots leave a little to be desired, but sometimes simplicity is key. (like that little fishing hole that Bryce took Erin to)
      Hehe, alrighty I'll do B&A in the air pics.

      Me too, it does make it more real.
      I haven't decided what Gus's next bit will be. hm.
      LMBO that was the perfect line.

      Naw, you didn't force 'em. You just made me remember that it was Sunday and Bryce had to work.

      I'm so glad that Jesse is seen now as a loveable idiot because that's what I set out to make him as. Then he got a bad rep with that whole kissing Erin thing. He's a little spoiled, but probably THE most good-natured characters I have. If he was a 'live your trait', it would be the good sense of humor.
      Hm, well.... Justice might top him for good-natured. idk.
      I'm not positive what will happen immediately next, but I am throwing a few screwballs into the story. >:)

      LOL. I sent Adele to go look at her favorite fansite. :D She's content now... well kinda.

      The next one overlaps a little at the bar, then we go home with Bryce and Erin, etc. I don't know how much I'm going to either go into detail or gloss over. It's not quite finished.

      Keep your panties on! LOL. (joke from this chapter)
      There's a tad bit of Bryce/Marie simply because I'm overlapping a tiny bit.

      Delete
    4. I might actually buy Sunlit Tides! It is really pretty (but it won't look half as good on my laptop) I promised myself I'd never buy an EA made world (of course, I got Riverview(?) but that was free) but this does look really good. Hmm. I'll see what my bank says at a later date ;)

      Lol, I hoped you'd get that line. I wasn't sure if it would be obvious or not!

      Well, in that case you should be thanking me for reminding you and keeping your story consistant :p

      Jesse is a little spoiled (as proved by his little temper tantrums), but you can see he's always trying hard to impress people and make friends.
      I do love Justice too.
      Throwing in some screwballs? More?! Lol, your poor simmies have such hard lives!

      Haha, Adele, I am looking forward to her part later, but let her know that good things come to those who wait, and so she should wait her turn :)

      Ooh! And I can't keep my panties on. Jesse stole them :p
      What a creep! Haha, the thought just occured to me, he isn't weird enough to steal Marie's underwear and only give her the clothes back, is he? That would freak me out a bit...
      Although... it would be pretty funny if he did, and then he and Marie got together and she found them in his room :p lol

      Delete
    5. I too said I'd never buy any extra neighborhood. Then I caved. And caved. And caved again. hehe. Riverview was a waste imho. I got Barnacle Bay on sale at a computer store, and it's not really anything special. It reminds me of Sunset Valley. Monte Vista is eh, okay. The inner city wall bit is really pretty, but it's a bitch on a video card's processor with all the bricks and stuff to draw. (or whatever makes it freak out) I'm not sure about Lucky Palms. Sunlit Tides is THE one to get if you're going to get one. The lighting is amazing! I've played with lower graphics on my laptop while on vacation to shoot for pose packs, and it's still pretty as all get out! (hot tub and sim fu pack pics)
      Whew, that was a little more than I planned to say.

      Yep, of course I thank you! :)

      My sims have hard lives? heh. Easy lives are boring. People create drama even when their lives are perfect, ya know?

      LMBO!!!! Naughty Jesse! Take her panties off of your head! Give them back!
      They need a "hairstyle" like that in the university exp.
      Ummmmmmm..... *bites lip* well... I DID think of that actually! ROFL
      Think about it... that'd be just the sort of thing he'd do! Give her back her clothes and then try to play like he didn't keep the panties! Hehe, I can see it. She goes looking for a white t-shirt or something after getting out of the shower, digs around for one that looks clean enough (men), and finds the undies LMAO!

      I never told you why Jesse kept telling Marie he didn't want a fresh drink. It was on sheer principle for him to tell her a bunch of nos over and over again.

      Delete
    6. OK guys I'm back, I've been indulging in one of my other pastimes, knitting. My daughters birthday is on 24th (she will be 15) and she wanted a long waistcoat. I started it a couple of weeks ago but she doesn't know. I've had to do it while she was at school so its taken me a little longer than usual. She thinks I haven't done it as she has seen me knitting other things for other members of the family. She will be so thrilled when I give it to her on her birthday.

      Well it was refreshing to catchup on Gloria and Eric as well as Erin/Bryce and the gang. I like that Jesse and Marie are in the forefront in this chapter, as you said a little comic relief. Ohhh... Jesse you naughty boy, how could you think to steal a ladies panties, cause even though you didn't mention it in the story, that was the first thing that came into my head when he realised she'd left her clothes. LOL very loud at the idea of a pic of sims wearing undies on their heads, can't wait for university. Ditto to all of Gemly_teddie's comments. As usual she has said it all. Jesse is very focused on his vow to leave her alone but he is not opposed to changing approach or tactics should the situation present itself as it does here. However, he has difficulty getting back on track when she then rejected him. He simply doesn't understand, don't worry Jesse she is coming around. Marie on the other hand may have realised her state of undress, and given her baggage wouldn't want him to get the wrong idea, should things have escalated further. This should give Jesse comfort, she isn't interested in anything off the cuff/matter of fact. Think about it Jesse.

      Great chapter as usual... oh and it fits the story perfectly in between the drama of the threesome. Thanks mypal.

      Delete
    7. My sister (#3 of the 4 of us) loves to knit/crochet/quilt/sew. That's really cool that you can do that! I wish I could knit something other than a scarf. I can crochet like nobody's bizness, but knitting has so much room for error. We have a knitting ministry at my church for women undergoing chemo, and they make the prettiest hats I've ever seen. It's amazing what people have come up with to do with two sticks and some yarn.
      Yes, I'm sure she'll be thrilled!

      Hehe, I'm glad you caught up and agree that a little comic relief was necessary. Frequently, when I'm in Jesse's head, I almost don't type up the stuff that wants to come out of me because it's something I'd never say. Then I have to remember it's not me. ;)
      :O he didn't MEAN to steal her panties! They practically dropped in his lap! LOL Cool that that's the first thing you thought of. Believe it or not, it actually really didn't occur to me until I'd sent him on his way home. Then I cackled and left it as is for Jesse to find the bag. (yes, sometimes I cackle.)
      They flippin need that hairstyle. If they don't make it, I'm finding a CC creator and begging.
      Exactly, he's not afraid to mix things up a little. How could he deny himself such a perfect opportunity? Then, she kissed him back, and his hopes skyrocketed... only to crash the second she told him to leave. *What did I do wrong?* he can't help but think. Yeah, it took him a bit to realize who he was dealing with and all the baggage she carries, and that made him lose his temper... something that doesn't happen too often.
      The thing I love most about Jesse is that he did understand that she Is coming around, albeit slower than he'd like, as he started doing her laundry. His thoughts usually bring him back to a sense of optimism.
      Marie, on the other hand... yeah the state of undress was in the back of her mind, but what was bothering her more was Jesse's reputation and the last time she turned someone down for a little extra sum'm sum'm. Her last boyfriend went back to his ex-girlfriend because she would give it to him. That ex-girlfriend called Marie a cocktease, and the insecurity went deep. (well, after she kicked her ass)

      I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for such kind words. :)

      Delete
  3. She kissed him back, so it's gotta count for something. But I think he still needs to back off and give her the time she's asked for. No good will come from pushing.

    It was very thoughtful of him to want to wash her clothes for her. Who would have guessed he has it him in to be so soft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I had to put in that she kisses him back. We know she knows she's attracted to him but doesn't want to admit it. The entire time she was trying to make herself stop and scared of wherever that might've lead to.

      Yeah, he needs to back off. Bryce needs to learn that Jesse needs to back off too.
      Jesse's trying! He didn't plan to have her barge into his store and then make himself help her with her mistake of leaving the windows open. It just happened. <:| His plan was to piss her off since he figured she could guess he liked her (I mean, he asked her out after all.), and he wanted her to approach him to ask him why he was ignoring her or whatever happened to happen, riding by the seat of his pants really. Now he has to wonder how to get back to that plan. No, no good will come from pushing, but he couldn't help himself. Then he got mad at her and a little at himself.

      :) Good 'ole Jesse bouncing back like he always does! He hasn't given up, and the clothes thing is like the old trick of losing a handkerchief or a glove to have the guy find you to return it. Only, well, Marie didn't do it on purpose. Still, that scenario is his next 'leave her alone but not leave her alone' plan. Just return the clothes like a gentleman and then back away slowly. :D Hm, maybe he could keep her undies....

      Thanks for reading and commenting, Val!

      Delete
  4. Smooth Jesse. He was doing pretty good and his "How much time.." speech just sunk his boat again. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... that was a little unplanned LOL. He got a little mad at himself for giving in like he did and going against his plan of 'ignoring her'. Now, he's pretty damn sure she likes him too, and he thinks she's just being stubborn. Then, all of that anger towards himself and a little bit her (mostly himself) he snapped for a second and took it out on her. Poor guy may just have to wind up waking up every morning with an apology on his lips. Still... he did have a valid point.

      Thanks for reading, jb!

      Delete
  5. I think Jesse has finally met his match in Marie. Hopefully these two can work past their pasts. I think these two are going to be a very interesting couple. I can't wait to see what happens with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you might be right!

      Marie has been called a cock-tease, and Jesse a womanizer. Yes, this is going to be loads of fun! She will probably test him to his limits. She almost did that today, but he's not even aware just what his limits are. :)

      Thanks for reading, ksmomma!

      Delete
  6. I just freaking love Jesse. Hot. Wet. Panties. hur hur.
    So, the backing off plan was sort of working. She obviously has a lot of issues. It's too bad the only story she's getting about Jesse is the one where he's a player, not the more truthful story that he really wants a relationship but hasn't been able to find anything real.
    Because, I know I avoid guys with Jesse reputation like the plague. Except when I don't lol.

    I'm looking forward to the day he returns her freshly laundered panties. So many ways he can screw that up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMFAO! yes! My cheeks hurt from all the ridiculous laughing I did when I wrote this chapter. We needed a little funny with all the heavy stuff going on with Bryce/Erin/Sean.

      It just about worked! It forced her to pay attention to him instead of constantly rebuffing him.
      I'm glad you brought up the bit that the only things she's heard about him are bad things. Bryce has tried, but she doesn't want to trust what Bryce has to say since he's Jesse's best friend and tried to set her up with him in the first place.
      Um, that's a non statement LOL, but I know what you mean.

      Who says he'll return them? What if he makes her beg? What if she pretends that she has no idea where they ended up? I can see it that he'll give the Other clothes back and keep the panties. Haven't written that yet, but it's knocking around in my head.

      Delete
    2. Maybe Jesse and The Magical Panties could be it's own spin off title....

      Delete
    3. Oh no you did NOT just say that. LMAO!!!!!

      Delete
    4. You're probably going to kill me for this but...I woke up this morning with this thought in my head. It starts with Jesse washing Marie's clothes, including the panties. But when he takes them out of the dryer, the panties are missing. So, he opens the lint trap to see if the panties got sucked up into it, and discovers a magical portal in the land of Brania. The panties are there, but they aren't just any panties, they are magical talking panties, and they lead Jesse into all kinds of adventures...
      Yeah, okay, I was half asleep when I came up with that. But I had to share. =P

      Delete
    5. You have one hell of an imagination. So, Jesse goes on an Alice in Wonderland adventure huh? Hm. Jesse in Pantyland. I can't type cuz I'm bawling with laughter. Brania? Where do you get your names?
      I don't think I could do this justice. Wanna borrow Jesse? LMFAO!

      Delete
    6. Brania, it's like Narnia, lol. But Pantyland might be better, Brania looks like it might be pronounced with a long a and you lose the 'bra'. Hmm, losing your bra sounds like a Jesse adventure.

      Oh, the things I would do with Jesse, lol.

      Delete
    7. oooohhhh BRAnia. yeah sounded like brainia to me at first. Jesse, Adventures in Pantyland, case of the missing bra. omg lmao.

      Now you have me curious.

      Delete
    8. Just lurking... And dying of laughter....

      Delete
    9. I'm seriously considering lending out Jesse because I don't think I could do that justice.

      Delete
  7. *giggle* And now he's got some of her baggage, including some very personal bits! OMG what is going to do with the panties?! And when is she going to realize he has them?

    So that was pretty sweet/cute, the kiss--how he waited, then slowly closed the distance. I was really surprised she didn't back off immediately or fight him the moment he touched her. So now *he* knows that she felt...something. I can't blame him for snapping at her a bit after, either. In fact, maybe what he said will give her pause to think about the fact that she is letting herself become the product of her baggage. She will need more space after this, I'm guessing. I do hope Jesse treads carefully. There are flames, but you can also smother a fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a souvenir of his own after she visited his souvenir shop! LOL Well, for now, he's going to just enjoy having them. Maybe he'll make her squirm and force her to ask for them back. Hold them hostage. Oh, I could go so many different routes with this!

      That has to be one of my all-time favorite kiss scenes. He was so sweet! *pinches Jesse's cheeks* He's really surprised she didn't immediately back off either. He expected that, and yes, now he knows that there's Something there and he's not imagining it.

      Good. He needed to snap at her. If she doesn't watch it, she could end up having a major pity-party and actually Be just like the mother she really can't stand.

      Sigh, yeah, she needs space, and it might just kill Jesse to do it too.

      Delete
    2. *snigger* well after the scene of him repeatedly saying no when she asked if he needed a beer, I can completely see him acting obviously oblivious about the panties just to torture her. Obviously oblivious, hehe, that's a good one.

      Yep, him snapping a bit was good. I'm still on Jesse's side :) I just hope they don't end up like Ginger and Desmond, arguing all the time before it all comes to a head and grass stains are made without any time for foreplay. Although for Ginger and Desmond, arguing probably *is* foreplay. We need to check in on those two, too ;)

      Delete
    3. Obviously oblivious... that Is good! I'm almost certain some level of teasing/torture will be involved. It wouldn't be Jesse if that were the case. I hope that made sense.

      I Do need to tap back into the Desmond/Ginger bit. Hm, maybe after some Adele stuff.

      Lol @ 'fighting=foreplay' so Desmond.

      Jesse can't argue with anyone for very long.

      Delete
    4. Ayep, he wouldn't be Jesse if there weren't some sort of game or teasing involved. But panties aside, hopefully he shows some gentleness somewhere too, Marie might need that. He's doing a decent job of pretending to be patient. I now really can't wait for them to hookup, but drawing it out is only going to make it better!

      Delete
  8. ... and the chase is on ... ^_^
    It's sort of like they are living a replay of Bryce and Erin's beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe.
      Yeah, and when I realized this, it drove me up the wall. So, I've been working on making them different ever since. :-)

      Delete
  9. Jesse and Marie, sitting in a tree... Ok, these two make me go all silly. The way they were forced to be together here were brilliant. I can picture Jesse sitting and staring at the washing machine while Marie's clothes are being washed inside. From beginning to end :-D Hope it doesn't take months for Jesse to get closer to Marie. I find myself thinking it's a good thing I started on this story so late cause then I don't have to wait for the next chapters. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I love these two. Nothing like a good ol' tropical rainstorm to send everyone running for cover!
      Not all the clothes were washed... *giggles*
      Well, I hope you're not too disappointed in the waiting department. :)

      Delete
  10. Will Jesse *presoak* Marie's panties just to make sure there's not a trace of potential *dirt*? lol. Oh, boys. They take a long time to grow up sometimes don't they? xD

    Well, Jesse played it just right. All his turn downs. Then she pops up and he's only a gentleman opening the door for him to rescue her again. And she's fully hooked now, it seems. No matter how much 'time' she proclaims to need, she's already let him in to a degree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You'll have to find out later. ;)
      Do they ever grow up? Really?

      Yes, she has let him in. I loved loved loved writing that scene when he kisses her for the first time. I released that pose a few updates from this one. I think it was when I hit 10k hits. Something like that.
      He's getting to her whether she's 'ready' or not. He can't help himself. He really did have good intentions to back off, but then she showed up. He was trying to still keep his distance, but that whole bit with her smoothing out the wrinkles of his shirt and then not backing away did that whole plan in. He's Jesse, plain and simple. Probably my most favorite sim of all time.

      Delete